1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    One of the common themes on many of the threads is that the device will be a success because it will appeal to those who want a low-tech laptop replacement and might not be a smartphone user.

So what can the treoless user do with the device?

They can do web (but not video? what about mp3 playback)

They can do email (via webmail, no standalone client?)

they can write documents?

What's the typical usage of those "non-treo" users suppose to be?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    One of the common themes on many of the threads is that the device will be a success because it will appeal to those who want a low-tech laptop replacement and might not be a smartphone user.

So what can the treoless user do with the device?

They can do web (but not video? what about mp3 playback)

They can do email (via webmail, no standalone client?)

they can write documents?

What's the typical usage of those "non-treo" users suppose to be?
    I don't think many people who see value in the Foleo claim any level of certainty in its success.

That said, I think there's value for users of smartphones with no keyboards and/or small screens. A lot of smartphones are capable, in theory, of handling email, but the UI makes it impractical.

As for Foleo software, there's not much there yet. You can produce documents with Docs-to-Go. You can view photos. And you can browse and do email. There isn't even a calendar or contacts app yet. I guess they're hoping the developer community steps up to fill in the need. Eventually, you should be able to do just about anything that doesn't require much processor speed and memory.