1. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    • Add touch sensitive screen
    • Take away the keyboard (or at least make it detachable)
    • Add note taker apps (both in digital ink and using hand reco)

and you have addressed a functional business problem no one else has nailed.

Sure, there are the windows tablet PCs. But they are large by comparison. Plus they are not instant on -- which is key if one is going to replace hardcopy notepads with something that is chip-based.

I would buy this in an instant....
    This device can't play videos .... and it's supposed to do hand reco?
    A device like this would be my dream device. Too bad Palm missed the boat on this one... The old Handheld PC Pro's did handwriting recognition very well, with very little processing power 7 years ago. So this thing could do it...
    Something like this? Except they'd also have to make a left-handed version ;-).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pretty cool. I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ballistic View Post
    Hey thats the real secret device, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by mclark2112 View Post
    A device like this would be my dream device. Too bad Palm missed the boat on this one... The old Handheld PC Pro's did handwriting recognition very well, with very little processing power 7 years ago. So this thing could do it...
    The WM handwriting recognition software works extremely well, and there is nothing to learn too (unlike grafitti). The "block" recognition mode is a marvel... Yeah, I too feel Palm missed the boat.

Soon WM will be sporting voice recognition (don't know if it's already there).
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg View Post
    • Add touch sensitive screen
    • Take away the keyboard (or at least make it detachable)
    • Add note taker apps (both in digital ink and using hand reco)

I would buy this in an instant....
    I absolutely share your views. I would add to your list.
    1) Add a Palm OS emulator so that ALL my Palm apps. will run on it.
    2) Add printing capabilities (bluetooth & USB)

John
    Last edited by Brjlk; 05/31/2007 at 11:26 PM.
    I like that with a keyboard that folds backwards (behind itself) when not in use.
    yes yes yes I had been thinking "wouldn't it have been better if the foleo allowed the treo to dock to it so that you were still just carrying one device?" And here it is...