Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Actually it would be very useful to know how the Foleo multi-tasks, as this is likely how future Linux treos multi-task also. Can you switch from editing a docs to go document to an open web page and back without having to reload anything? If yet its the common or garden variety multi-tasking we are used to on our desktops and WM devices. If however you still have to reload stuff (by design, to prevent out of memory problems) then this is likely how newer Linux treos will work also.

Also, it would be 256 MB flash storage, not RAM. Its not the same thing. The amount of RAM is probably around 128 MB.

5 hours running WIFI sounds pretty impressive.

Surur
    All in all, I think the device is sweet. That battery life is killer. I want one!
    Thanks,

Chad Garrett
    I'm impressed with the fit and finish of all new gadgets...

The true question to answer is will it be used for more than 2 weeks or just become another annoying thing to carry?
    I just read the review - saw what they were doing onscreen, and couldn't help thinking I was watching Ashton-Tate's Framework on a 1984 DOS computer.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I don't plan to be a first buyer, but -- since movie players have come down to less than $100, I would expect this thing to really drop too. I don't really have enough use for it now, but I still am drooling at it.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    I would like to put out a disclaimer I LOVE THIS UNIT; however I feel it necessary to bring a few world of reason to the forum.

First off the price is 499.00 which is great for a small portable email/ word processing device, but can we really as smart consumer (not so sure how smart I can say I am after spending about 350 on a phone) justify another 499 accessory.

Donít get me wrong the price is great however I have seen full laptops going for less than that price.

I also see this as a way for carriers to force people to pay for internet at OUTRAGEOUS prices. When using our trusty treos for internet.

I just worry that this will be a fad??? Not so sure, I think the laptop is not going anywhere until the foleo can watch DVDís surf the web, you tube, face book, normal things people do from the airport (I know people are supposed to be working, however I travel a lot and I NEVER check email from the terminal on my laptop, thatís why I have a treo)!!!

Once again I LOVE THIS IDEA, but need to play devils advocate.
    Is this article for real? Underpowered processor, ridiculously small amount of memory, 802,.11b(!), missing keys, potential brick of an adapter, ambiguity about whether it truly multitasks, and yet Plam hits the mark?! LOL You've got to be kidding me.
    Last edited by treo...not!; 05/31/2007 at 03:26 PM.
    All I can say is this; after seeing all the issues with every new product Palm releases, even if I saw a reason to buy this (which I dont) I wouldnt even think about it for at least two years.
    5hr with wifi is near that of the N800.
    The way that it acts is dang near close to teh N800, but larger screened.

Very, very intersting. Thanks for the input on this side of the Foleo.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Those kinds of reviews are pretty pointless beyond highlighting out obvious issues - you don't get a true sense of a device without at least a couple of weeks of usage.
    So can it play pTunes in the background or what? Also how good is the speaker(s)? Both the n800 and the PSP have very decent speakers.

Please don't tell me it doesn't come bundle with a music player.
    How right you are, CGK.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    So can it play pTunes in the background or what? Also how good is the speaker(s)? Both the n800 and the PSP have very decent speakers.

Please don't tell me it doesn't come bundle with a music player.
    We won't tell you then. Ignorance is bliss.
    i still dont understand why palm developed this product. i thought palm invented the converged device market. isnt the foleo taking us backwards. if i have been carrying one device since the 650 days, why do i want to carry two devices now??? i am happy the fit and finish are really good, but why do i need two devices again in my pocket?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Hey Thor,
    It's called devolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    ....but why do i need two devices again in my pocket?
    You don't. And even if you did, Foleo wouldn't be in there unless you have gigantic pockets. It's too big to be thought of as small in any way, but it is too small and underpowered to do most things people would expect from something so...well...big! I'm still baffled at this whole thing. Palm, what in the world are you guys smoking?
    This is the first mention I see of WiFi. At home, do I really need it using my expensive GPRS connection to the actual net for IMAP access?

If no, then I can kinda see maybe some use for this.

It's kinda like a business Audrey in many ways.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhawley View Post
    This is the first mention I see of WiFi. At home, do I really need it using my expensive GPRS connection to the actual net for IMAP access?

If no, then I can kinda see maybe some use for this.

It's kinda like a business Audrey in many ways.
    And would u really need such an underpowered P.O.S. (sorry) when YOU'RE HOME??????!
    I think we have our desktops for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo...not! View Post
    We won't tell you then. Ignorance is bliss.
    Are you a wise guy? When I post the last post, I was using my Treo and couldn't view the Foleo animation (ironic isn't it?)

I watch the flash presentation again on my PC. No it doesn't say anything about music play back.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast