Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Hi Sindu

Looked at the samsung i600
    Does look interesting
    Does it run skype ??
    Yes... You can install skype programs..

What is battery life like (samsungs generally suck for me spend 6-8 hrs on fone mostly incomming calls)??
    I can use 2-3 days on normal use..

One good this dataviz released docs to go for WM smartphones and hence can get full word excel powerpoint + pdfs that s definitely a plus

but for me battery life ??
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    (Hawkins shrugged. He admitted that the PDA business was declining, it was mature. He said it was no secret that Palm isn't devoting a lot of resources to that business, but that they're still relatively happy with it, they don't really feel any need to kill it.)

Palm isn't devoting a lot of resources to that business hmm..that would explain the MR update for the P
    The WX is the last Product I will own from palm.Hawkins sucks with his fooleo
    That would also explain some of there PDA decline...What a smart guy he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Palm isn't devoting a lot of resources to that business hmm..that would explain the MR update for the P
    That's the Treo business, which is different from the PDA business.
    What the heck are you taking about lol...PDA/Smart phone ..They must be slacking on smart phones/treo a bit dont you think?
    Up until now, Palm has had two distinct businesses - PDAs and Treos. PDA sales are declining, and Palm has ignored that business for a while. Treos sales are growing, and Palm continues to invest tens of millions in R&D into that business.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    The WX is the last Product I will own from palm.Hawkins sucks with his fooleo
    That would also explain some of there PDA decline...What a smart guy he is.
    The 700p thing, while awful, is just collateral damage from loosing control of PalmOS to Access, which they have only been able to regain in the last couple of months. Definitely a disater but it looks like they are trying to fix things. It's not like HTC is stellar with upgrades either.

Out of curiosity (and getting off-topic), is your beef with the 700wx with WM or Palm?

B/c if it's the latter, you won't find too many other WM devices out there that really excel in performance in comparison to the Treo.

Granted, BT could be a lot better and "thinness" too but as a whole--it's the best WM device I've used, just because of all the additions and modifications Palm did.

HTC finally caught on to that with their TouchFLO and recent spat of plugins, but it's still superficial compared to the core tweaks that Palm does. I hope they continue making WM devices. Just look what at the 750 with WM6 beta and see how smooth it runs: Video. A device with 320x320 should be even more impressive.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I'm missing the investing as many users in there Smart phone line up...It seems like there PDA,s are more stable..It must be adding that phone feature to the PDA that has confused them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    The 700p thing, while awful, is just collateral damage from loosing control of PalmOS to Access, which they have only been able to regain in the last couple of months. Definitely a disater but it looks like they are trying to fix things. It's not like HTC is stellar with upgrades either.

Out of curiosity (and getting off-topic), is your beef with the 700wx with WM or Palm?

B/c if it's the latter, you won't find too many other WM devices out there that really excel in performance in comparison to the Treo.

Granted, BT could be a lot better and "thinness" too but as a whole--it's the best WM device I've used, just because of all the additions and modifications Palm did.

HTC finally caught on to that with their TouchFLO and recent spat of plugins, but it's still superficial compared to the core tweaks that Palm does. I hope they continue making WM devices. Just look what at the 750 with WM6 beta and see how smooth it runs: Video. A device with 320x320 should be even more impressive.
    getting to the point.Im a little upset with Palms business practice!
    The current WX is built better and more stable then the 750.
    The 750 has all kinds of issues from dead touch screens to battery warnings during normal use.
    WM6 treo style hmm it should be interesting
    We both know what garent is about so I wont go there..All in all it was great for palm to finally pull that antenna off there new treo line up few months ago lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mas90guru View Post
    Would be interested in the answer to this question:

Where will you succeed where umpteen billion other competitors with "looks like a laptop, priced like a laptop but isn't a laptop" have failed?

The Newton failed where Palm ultimately succeeded. Just because something didn't work in the past has no bearing on what people will need in the future.
    Agreed Im digging the EEE for 300 bucs that kicks the fooleo to the curve but hey the fooleo is palms future by the sound of there fathfull leader hawkins.
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    The problem is Hawkins built this thing up so much we all were actually hoping/believing we would see a revolutionary product like Dieter and Mike outlined the night before. When we didn't get that "pie in the sky" device, we all felt let down, some more than others.

I think the concept is solid, I just don't see this as a revolutionary product, or a 3rd business. I hope future Foleos do become more powerful, but they are going to be basically subcompact laptops.

What I now really want is that aforementioned amazing device. The Treo 1000 or whatever. A foldable smartphone with multimedia capabilities, wimax and wifi, a nice keyboard. Awesome UI/OS.
    AMEN, BROTHA... AMEN!!

Tho, I don't think it was Hawkins so much that hyped it up. I think all he said really was "Treo fans be on a the look out for something new..." which isn't too much hype. It's the Palm fan base that blew this outta proportion by believing that Palm can still innovate.

I too wait for a time when Palm can churn out innovation at a respectable rate with their capital. Hopefully the Treo 1000 comes before 2020 when all the worlds ice will have melted and we burn in hell...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234