Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone have the actual video of Hawkins announcement/demo/release?

Can someone please post a link?

Thanks!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Lemme guess, you also enjoy watching train wrecks and slowing down to look at traffic accidents.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    This is EXACTLY how it went down at the Walter Mossberg interview...

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post

OMG I havent laughed that hard in a few days thanks!

MUNK I only stop or slow down if there are pretty blue and red lights flashing.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    OMG I havent laughed that hard in a few days thanks!

MUNK I only stop or slow down if there are pretty blue and red lights flashing.
    Did anyone catch the license plate of that Peugeot fooleo on wheels in this video?

Im not sure, but i think it was was something like Hawkwreck07
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Does anyone have the actual video of Hawkins announcement/demo/release?

Can someone please post a link?

Thanks!
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/...bctid935459074
    Watch Hawkins demeanor. When someone talks that fast about a product, many times its because they know that the product is garbage but are desperatly trying to snow you.

Remember Steve Jobs` keynote speech? He took his time presenting it. He gradually built to a crescendo and revealed the product in a very effective way. But he took his time because he knew he had an excellent product to present. Something that would truly capture the imagination of his audience.

With the foleo, you can see Hawkins knows he has to talk fast because there isnt much to this device. Mossberg was quick to end to interview as well. No real questions were asked either. Very telling.

What a sham.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Watch Hawkins demeanor. When someone talks that fast about a product, many times its because they know that the product is garbage but are desperatly trying to snow you.
    Or he's just really excited about it and can't wait to tell someone.

Joe
    I hear what you're saying, but m having difficulty imagining how anyone can truly be excited over such an underwhelming device.

Jeff's a tech hall of famer for sure because of the revolutionary ideas he's had in the past, but this ranks nowhere near ANY of those of the past.

I don't see it.

Remember Steve Jobs` keynote speech? He took his time presenting it. He gradually built to a crescendo and revealed the product in a very effective way. But he took his time because he knew he had an excellent product to present. Something that would truly capture the imagination of his audience.

With the foleo, you can see Hawkins knows he has to talk fast because there isnt much to this device. Mossberg was quick to end to interview as well. No real questions were asked either. Very telling.

What a sham.
    So people who talk fast are all liars. Got it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

The interview was over half an hour. Lots of questions were asked.
    Obviously, you haven't seen Jeff Hawkins talk in person before. I have, and he was talking about his Hierarchical Temporal Memory Theory of the neocortex at MIT, something else he's very passionate about. Watch some of the videos where he speaks:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...45581503718756

He speaks fast when he's excited about the future prospects of his visions and he wants to convey a lot of information. I believe he's honestly excited about the Foleo and is very genuine when he says he believes its the most exciting product he's ever worked on. He has a track record so far that suggests he is right in defining new mobile computing categories.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    So people who talk fast are all liars. Got it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

The interview was over half an hour. Lots of questions were asked.
    Oh yeah, Samkim, exactly. Anyone who talks rapidly is a liar. Yeah, THAT`S what Im saying. Hey, if thats how you interpret what Im saying, great! Go with it, but I think you know what im getting at and simply choose to be difficult here. Thats fine.
    Last edited by treobk214; 06/01/2007 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ballistic View Post
    Obviously, you haven't seen Jeff Hawkins talk in person before. I have, and he was talking about his Hierarchical Temporal Memory Theory of the neocortex at MIT, something else he's very passionate about. Watch some of the videos where he speaks:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...45581503718756

He speaks fast when he's excited about the future prospects of his visions and he wants to convey a lot of information. I believe he's honestly excited about the Foleo and is very genuine when he says he believes its the most exciting product he's ever worked on. He has a track record so far that suggests he is right in defining new mobile computing categories.
    I agree with you regarding his previous ideas - the palm pilot, and then the treo. They were all fantastic products and I give him all the credit he deserves in those cases. However, I have a feeling he`s WAY off base on this one. He hyped us all up with "the next big thing" announcements and hints of some revolutionary mystery device, then interestingly retracts a bit by saying they dont expect to sell much of "the next big thing".

Que?!

Very few of us have the background of Jeff Hawkins, but it`s very difficult to view this as some incredible new direction for mobile computing. I know its in its infancy, and that they are starting off simply, but as many others have said here, there isnt much thats shockingly new or original about the idea.

If anything, i see the foleo branch of palm as a minor adjunct to palm financially. It may make some money for the company but I will be stunned if it leads to some major turning point in mobile communications. What WILL do that for palm, is a technologically advanced, stable, solid smartphone. period.
    Last edited by treobk214; 06/01/2007 at 02:54 PM.
    If you listen to the link I posted about 2 weeks ago where Hawkins gave a phone interview he said he hopes Palm fans will buy this new device. That alone tells me he really doesnt have confidence in the Foleo.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Do you honestly think we are looking at a giant success in this foleo business?
    In my opinion the logic behind Foleo is sound: people need some other device in addition to their smartphone. The amount of commercial success is very difficult to estimate.

This is the first version that is required to get the thing started, both in the developer community and in the minds of the customers. The future versions will show it's full potential.
  16.    #17  
    Thanks!
    There is no spoon.

Listen closely to the start of that video; the guy is talking to Hawkins...

STUPIDO!....STUPIDO!....STUPIDO!....
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I have a lot of respect for Jeff Hawkins. He is a true engineer of engineers. One can't really compare Steve to Jeff. Steve, while very much a legend in his own right, is a marketer at heart.

Jeff, if my memory serves me right, is one of very few major tech entrepreneurs who is also in the national academy of engineering.

Jeff may be right or wrong on Foleo(time will tell), but I will never question his integrity or/and sincerity.
    Oh yeah, Samkim, exactly. Anyone who talks rapidly is a liar. Yeah, THAT`S what Im saying. Hey, if thats how you interpret what Im saying, great! Go with it, but I think you know what im getting at and simply choose to be difficult here. Thats fine.
    You said he was lying because he talked fast, and your model of sales integrity was Steve Jobs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast