1.    #1  
    ok, its not quite the pie in the sky aspirations that always comes with any new product announcements in this forum but if you really take a look, this device may not have been built for us but may in fact do quite well.

Its basically a large palm pilot thats ultra light (under 2.5 lbs), is WIFI enabled, has a good batery life, has a decent browser and is under $600.00

Who would this device be good for? The majority of home internet users. Most casual home users use nothing but the internet and email. Why not give them a cost effective device that lets them do that. This device is absolutely perfect for this user base.

Add a cellular radio, ability to connect via highspeed evdo and a cd drive to play movies and this device would be coveted by every business traveller I know.

Give this device a chance, it may surprise you.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
    ok, its not quite the pie in the sky aspirations that always comes with any new product announcements in this forum...
    Yeah, but there's a difference between pie in the sky and pie in your FACE.
    Luminary? You've got to be kidding!
    No home user is gonna buy this piece of crap. Come on, they can walk into any Wal Mart and get a PC and monitor for less than $500.

Use your brain.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Nice, babe...you seem tense
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    No home user is gonna buy this piece of crap. Come on, they can walk into any Wal Mart and get a PC and monitor for less than $500.

Use your brain.
    Yeah, I'd rather carry a desktop PC and monitor with me on my next business trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather carry a desktop PC and monitor with me on my next business trip.
    That wouldn't make you a "home user."

Use your brain too.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I tell you one thing. At least the Fooleo has bought the Treo/Palm community back together again
    Its basically a large palm pilot thats ultra heavy(under 2.5 lbs), is WIFI enabled, has a good batery life, has a decent browser and is under $600.00.
    There, fixed that for you (unless there are Palm Pilots that weight 5 pounds I haven't head of yet....)

Surur
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    ok, its not quite the pie in the sky aspirations that always comes with any new product announcements in this forum but if you really take a look, this device may not have been built for us but may in fact do quite well.

Its basically a large palm pilot thats ultra light (under 2.5 lbs), is WIFI enabled, has a good batery life, has a decent browser and is under $600.00

Who would this device be good for? The majority of home internet users. Most casual home users use nothing but the internet and email. Why not give them a cost effective device that lets them do that. This device is absolutely perfect for this user base.

Add a cellular radio, ability to connect via highspeed evdo and a cd drive to play movies and this device would be coveted by every business traveller I know.

Give this device a chance, it may surprise you.
    It struggles with flash and video playback - why would a home user want such an sub-par device. You want to play mp3s on it while surfing? nope!

no home user is going to pay $500 for such a device - it's fantasy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Nice, babe...you seem tense
    Nope. But if I were, you'd know how to solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    That wouldn't make you a "home user."

Use your brain too.
    Ah, sorry. Missed that.
    If the average home user wanted something to just browse the web, they would get something like this:
    http://www.dell.com/content/products...en&s=dhs&cs=19

A nice cheap laptop that is cheaper than the foolio.

Think of the term "Average user". You need a Treo or PDA for this. Has anyone ever met someone that had a Treo that DOES NOT have a computer already? Heck I wouldn't even consider most PDA and Treo owners as average users either.