1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Is this correct - the flopieo doesn't actually have a proper email client but rather just synchs with versa-mail?

So email over wi-fi direct from the device is not happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Is this correct - the flopieo doesn't actually have a proper email client but rather just synchs with versa-mail?

So email over wi-fi direct from the device is not happening?
    On first pass, you are correct. Sync to VersaMail or Pocket Outlook (WM5).

If as is hinted somewhere, it will also eventually sync with your blackberry or the mail client in the iPhone.

This is not really a problem. The device has Opera.

USE WEB Mail.

Our university just transitioned to the Exchange 2003 server. The Outlook Exchange WebMail client is easier to use and looks almost exactly like Outlook or Entourage when accessing Exchange Email. It also has tabs for Exchange Calendar and Contacts and will process other exchange functions.

Thins Yahoo Email, HotMail, and Google GMail. All will just work and the large screen will make Web access to these Web Email systems very easy to read.

My ISP supports a Web Email interface as well as routine POP and SMPT servers.

The only issue with Web EMAiL is that you have to be in a location with WiFi. That is where the smartphone sync comes in.

Use the smartphone to download your email and use the Foleo to read and prepare replies.

Ultimatly, as one uses smartphones for longer durations, the need for a larger screen and keyoard become more attractive. The more I look at this, the more I am impressed.
    Same here. However, I look at an HTC unit from another post - that unit looks exceedingly attractive - HTC7501 - do not see where it is available in the US.

Occasionally I carry my lap top with me, but frankly it is just too bulky to carry all the time. I specifically wanted the 17" screen that I have, spending a bit of time also looking at a few smaller screened units.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartphone Fan View Post
    On first pass, you are correct. Sync to VersaMail or Pocket Outlook (WM5).

If as is hinted somewhere, it will also eventually sync with your blackberry or the mail client in the iPhone.

This is not really a problem. The device has Opera.

USE WEB Mail.

Our university just transitioned to the Exchange 2003 server. The Outlook Exchange WebMail client is easier to use and looks almost exactly like Outlook or Entourage when accessing Exchange Email. It also has tabs for Exchange Calendar and Contacts and will process other exchange functions.

Thins Yahoo Email, HotMail, and Google GMail. All will just work and the large screen will make Web access to these Web Email systems very easy to read.

My ISP supports a Web Email interface as well as routine POP and SMPT servers.

The only issue with Web EMAiL is that you have to be in a location with WiFi. That is where the smartphone sync comes in.

Use the smartphone to download your email and use the Foleo to read and prepare replies.

Ultimatly, as one uses smartphones for longer durations, the need for a larger screen and keyoard become more attractive. The more I look at this, the more I am impressed.
    The remote access to Exchange you mentioned is very limited comapred to using Outlook to access it but you are right you can pretty much get your email with a browser now days no matter what format it is.