1.    #1  
    I cannot for the life of me believe the horror that was unveiled today.
    It has been said over and over in may threads here that Palm does not listen to it;s loyal fanbase. There are so many ANGRY posters here, and many (myself included) feel that Palm does not DESERVE to continue at their present state.

So many promises, and all have fallen short. All we got was one-trick pony treos and bugs. I cannot believe that a company can so DE-ENGINEER a star product as badly as palm has. One step forward, 2 steps back. G-Dammit ! Then we get a third grade unveiling of what has to be the next BIGGEST FLOP in Palm;s history. Hawkins was even unsure of his product, and conceded cons such as inability to play videos etc. All he could focus on how nice it looked and felt. I can pay for a lot of other things less than $600 that will feel nice and look good - one of them will be the next IPHONE!...and at least it will have functionality!

How did the company who came out with the Vx and the TREO - get to this stage?

What a COMPLETE and UTTER DISASTER for all of us loyal palm fans and treo fans. Reading through the posts I see ANGRY and ANGRIER responses mixed with CONFUSION and DISMAY.

As soon as I get my hands on a T/X - I am dumping my programs onto that, and dumping TREO altogether.... it's not worth any of this abuse!

I imagine Palm is going to have some rough times ahead as a result of this stupidity... they are no longer in a position to keep to themselves - they will need to step up to the plate and show their product line in a clearer picture in order to keep many of us from jumping ship.

-alf
    Last edited by alpinadvl; 05/31/2007 at 02:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinadvl View Post
    How did the company who came out with the Vx and the TREO - get to this stage?

As soon as I get my hands on a T/X - I am dumping my programs onto that, and dumping TREO altogether.... it's not worth any of this abuse!
    As soon as I get my hands on a PALM product....

By the way Palm didn't come out with the Treo.

I believe there is a market for the device, maybe not at $500 but that will come down like everything else.
    I am so unimpressed that I'm adding the Foleo forum to my exclude list. Bye.
    I don't get it.....

My Dell laptop is the same size and has near instant-on and off using hibernation plus it syncronises with my Treo.

$199 would make it a very nice toy, $399 after claiming a rebate is far from being a bargin.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher View Post
    $199 would make it a very nice toy, $399 after claiming a rebate is far from being a bargin.
    Its $499 after claiming a rebate, without a rebate its $599.

Surur
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Its $499 after claiming a rebate, without a rebate its $599.

Surur
    Have we seen a UK price yet? I'm guessing at least UKL400 ($800).

PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Have we seen a UK price yet? I'm guessing at least UKL400 ($800).

We don't get rebates here, do we

Anyway, at 400, thats as much as my current laptop costs, and I saw a Dell laptop for 279 the other day in the newspaper.

Surur
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I've been a user since the 300 and a cell phone user since '83 and having just watched 2/3rds of the folio announcement, can only say that I too am horrified at where Palm must believe it's future lies...a castrated laptop that teathers to...a treo and doesn't fit in my hand or pocket. Sad. I've also been an Apple user since the mid 80's as well and I think I know where I'm looking for my next device once voice & video recording and couple other features I want inevitably emerge.

Wow Palm...where's the inspiration let alone common sense?