Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been using palm since Palm V and currently treo 650.
    For 11 years already, I must say I'm totally tried of hearing the hell of Palm's news now. Instead of laughing, I am very very very angry with this Foleo because such stupid things represents Palm will never listening to the loyal customer like me any more.

Please take a look of this WM foleo.
    http://www.htc.com/product/03-product_x7501.htm.
    I guess Palm could sell no more than 100 pcs of this stupid things.

Why not give our Treo 650 Wi-fi back?
    Why spending time creating stupid things like this!
    Why not listening to your loyal customers?
    Is Palm blind or deaf?
    I was just about to post this (X7501) and the HTC Shift.

Vista Mobile, and every acronym you can think of (3G, GPS, WiFi, BT) built-in.
    And the size is about right too.

These things do cost an estimated (1000 USD), but that would be cost of a Treo + Foleo, before rebates and such.

AND...

The Foleo, it appears, is not original either, Mobile Gazette has pointed out that there is the Nokia N800, T-Mobile Ameo and the above mentioned Shift and its variants before the Foleo came along (not to mention the Psion, long before any of these existed).

Last edited by GreenHex; 05/31/2007 at 12:49 AM.
    i wldn't but this stupid thing either but at least it has 8gb mem. Jesus how stupid does Palm think we are. they shove these stupid things at us with very little memory at a time when memory is dirt cheap.
    I have been a feeling lately that I will not buy another palm anything. Who wants a half azz laptop? they could have keep this one in the closet
    Looks like the Foleo killer...
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  6.    #6  
    Foleo killer?
    I would use a brick to kill it.
    is it April 1 ?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Wow! Long time Treo user here that is enormously disappointed. It's not just the sheer absurdity of this device, but the fact that Hawkins and his team thinks they actually have something revolutionary here. I was watching the webcast literally cringing in embarrassment for them. Hawkins seemed rattled, and the presentation was done on some type of projector, akin to what was used in my 10th grade World History class. Why in the world do we need an entirely NEW product when the Palm OS is languishing in obsolesce, and the form-factors haven't been changed in years?

Also, to take a play from Steve Jobs RDF playbook; never under any circumstances deride the product your actually trying to sale. Hawkins not only said he wished they put a faster processor in it because it wasn't even capable of handling youtube vids, but also said if your not a heavy email user don't even bother!? If you watch Mossberg' s reaction he seems to be thinking "Hawkins must be on the crack"! This may have signaled the end for Palm as they seem to be completely out of touch with what their customers want. I can only hope something new is forthcoming. This was so bad I actually felt sorry for these guys .
    I wonder what they are saying today to each other after reading some of the reviews about Foleo?
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylawhk View Post
    I have been using palm since Palm V and currently treo 650.
    For 11 years already, I must say I'm totally tried of hearing the hell of Palm's news now. Instead of laughing, I am very very very angry with this Foleo because such stupid things represents Palm will never listening to the loyal customer like me any more.

Please take a look of this WM foleo.
    http://www.htc.com/product/03-product_x7501.htm.
    I guess Palm could sell no more than 100 pcs of this stupid things.

Why not give our Treo 650 Wi-fi back?
    Why spending time creating stupid things like this!
    Why not listening to your loyal customers?
    Is Palm blind or deaf?
    I agree that Palm is not listening to its customer base. To think that the Foleo is revolutionary when it relies on my smartphone for just about everything. The HTC weighs .8 lbs and does everything the Foleo does and more. I hate to say it, but when it's time to replace my Treo 650, barring any amazing new form factors/performance (a.k.a. - what is Hawkins holding in his hand in the photo that was on TC a couple of days ago), I'm moving to WM.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Is the Foleo a step backwards? It like a cell phone version of the msn tv email internet unit back in the 90's, which was follow by aol?
    To answer the forum title question...

BOTH
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock View Post
    I wonder what they are saying today to each other after reading some of the reviews about Foleo?
    I suspect they just fire up another rock of crack and get back to "product development".
    Well, besides the Blind and Deaf nomenclature, there's the third choice...
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    what is that? cent-less
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Looks like the Foleo killer...
    You can't kill that which is already dead.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylawhk View Post
    Is Palm blind or deaf?
    Is there a pinball game on the Foleo then
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  18.    #18  
    I have been moved to WM6 smartphone (only for wifi purpose)
    But I return to my treo 650. I am still VERY loyal to Palm. That is the reason I hate what Palm was doing so much.

Compare with WM6, palm Treo 650 OS loses in many aspects.
    But those aspects are not the most vital things of a smartphone while usability is.

People who have try the two OS will find that the same software running in palm os is faster , more features than that in WM (ex. Worldmate Pro, stock manager, etc). They could finished two jobs in Treo 650 , one by one and very quickly. But in WM, they start two jobs at the same time(multi-tasking) and keep waiting for WM to finish

When you look around, there isn't any convergent smartphone in the market now that is with Wi-Fi, touch screen ,keyboard.

With just one closer step---Wi-fi, Palm os treo will beat them all and keep ahead. But Palm now turn to the other direction.

There was time when smartphone users want to have a bigger screen and keyboard. This is the concept behind Hawin's folieo. But why not think about combine this one http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family with a 7"-9" screen. And let the smartphone processor, memory does all the jobs. No need to sync at all.

After all, if our smartphones have no wi-fi, who need folie?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    I was just about to post this (X7501) and the HTC Shift.

Vista Mobile, and every acronym you can think of (3G, GPS, WiFi, BT) built-in.
    And the size is about right too.

These things do cost an estimated (1000 USD), but that would be cost of a Treo + Foleo, before rebates and such.

AND...

The Foleo, it appears, is not original either, Mobile Gazette has pointed out that there is the Nokia N800, T-Mobile Ameo and the above mentioned Shift and its variants before the Foleo came along (not to mention the Psion, long before any of these existed).
    I keep reading this type of comment, but as far as I know those devices don't come with cell phones. I think anyone who has an interest in mobile computing will definately have a need for a cell phone. So wouldn't we also need to add the cost of the phone back to that of the HTC or Vista mobile or any other device?

Also I can't, no WONT, believe that people actually pay suggested retail for these things! I never have and don't think many others have. It simply sounds better and more important to b*** about $600 devices than the $200-$300 people actually pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    I keep reading this type of comment, but as far as I know those devices don't come with cell phones. I think anyone who has an interest in mobile computing will definately have a need for a cell phone. So wouldn't we also need to add the cost of the phone back to that of the HTC or Vista mobile or any other device?

Also I can't, no WONT, believe that people actually pay suggested retail for these things! I never have and don't think many others have. It simply sounds better and more important to b*** about $600 devices than the $200-$300 people actually pay.
    They have phones built-in.

Surur
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast