1.    #1  
    I am very curious as to why Ed has been completely absent during the past few days. Its understandable that you'd have the inventor take the floor when presenting a new product, but I'd have thought the CEO would have been there as well to supplement "Hawk's" presentation. Steve Jobs was there. Where was Ed? Hiding? curling up into a fetal position awaiting the imminent flogging from the tech community?

The complete silence from the rest of the crew at palm is very interesting. Did they simply humor Jeff with this thing? Are they behind it, or are they distancing themselves from a bad apple?

I know many at the company are trying to defend it, but you've got to think others are just cringing at the whole idea.

We've heard Jeff's stance on this. Now where is Ed's?
    Ed was on CNBC this morning talking about the Foleo. I think he was at the conference. I'm sure he did many other interviews as well.
  3.    #3  
    Oh, that's news to me. How did you interpret his stance on this whole idea?
    I only caught the last minute or so. Someone had posted here that he was about to be on, and it took me a while to get to a TV. Ed liked the Foleo, of course.
  5.    #5  
    Wow. I am still just utterly staggered at this whole deal. I'd have LOVED to have heard Walt Mossberg's immediate reaction to it after finishing the interview with Hawkins. I didn't see the video, only photos of Jeff and Walt together.. The look on his face while Jeff presented it was something along the lines of, " Are you kidding me? I came here for THAT?"

I'll be on the lookout for his review when the time comes. I have a feeling ole Walt won't be very kind to palm on this one.
    I caught the webcast. Walt seemed a bit skeptical about the Foleo.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    I only caught the last minute or so. Someone had posted here that he was about to be on, and it took me a while to get to a TV. Ed liked the Foleo, of course.
    That would be me, Ed was on CNBC with Jim Goldman. Ed had a 755p and the Foleo in his hands and talked for about 5 minutes.

Goldman then asked a last question , it was about Palm being bought out or will it stay a stand alone co. Ed replied palm is working to grow shareholder value w/innovative new products.

PS they were in Palo Alto Ca.
  8.    #8  
    "working to grow shareholder value with innovative new products..."

That's precious.

At $15 per share, I'd say they're falling a bit short. just a bit..

now rimm, at $166 per share, is a juggernaut.. They know how to win their shareholders' appreciation on their investments.

These guys are like the keystone cops of the computing world.