Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There is no cutting edge technology in the Folio, nothing new that couldnt have been done by someone else 3 years ago. This has to be a cover for the REAL secret device. No one and I mean no one can truely believe the Foleo is Hawkins secret device.

This just cant be for real.
    Last edited by newtonjack; 05/30/2007 at 08:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post
    There is no cutting edge technology in the Folio, nothing new that couldnt have been done by someone else 3 years ago. This has to be a cover for the REAL secret device. No one and I mean no one can truely believe the Foleo is Hawkins secret device.

This just cant be for real.
    I feel your pain, my brother, but this is the painful reality. Its like a shot to the stomach isnt it?
    I agree. palm missed the mark BIG on this one. The whole point of a converged device like our Treo is so we WON'T have to carry something else around. What we need is not a "mobile companion", but a better Treo (i.e new OS, WIFI, and some cutting edge ideas!)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rstyle View Post
    I agree. palm missed the mark BIG on this one. The whole point of a converged device like our Treo is so we WON'T have to carry something else around. What we need is not a "mobile companion", but a better Treo (i.e new OS, WIFI, and some cutting edge ideas!)
    Yep thats why I say this is not the real secret device, it CANT be!

No one not even Palm is THAT dumb, right?

If there is nothing new from Palm by September this year they are done. Either the real device or a new line of Treo's w/ new form factors.
  5.    #5  
    I dont know if this is possible as I am not up to speed on these things but couldn't Palm just take a TX and add a cellular radio and have a new smartphone thats different than the current Treo line? That would be 10 times more impressive than this Folio thing.
    Hey Op,

Are you a conspiracy brother?
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post
    This has to be a cover for the REAL secret device.
    I must say that being the suspicious and cynical kind, the thought did occur to me.

-mvk
    Newtonjack - I agree with you. I know some people at Palm that are currently working on other projects that are just gonna rock so hang in there and you will see. Though the Foleo is not that bad. It is just different.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Newtonjack - I agree with you. I know some people at Palm that are currently working on other projects that are just gonna rock so hang in there and you will see. Though the Foleo is not that bad. It is just different.

Al

Will they be released this year?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    I must say that being the suspicious and cynical kind, the thought did occur to me.

-mvk
    Really, just really think here. Even I could have thought of this Foleo concept and would not have touted this as some revolutionary new device. There is zero chance this is the secret Hawkins device.
  11.    #11  
    And 5 years to create this? Thats like someone taking a 2007 Cadillac and remove the floor and drivetrain and release the newest Fred Flintstone secret weight loss device in 2012.
    Why is Ed Colligan completely out of sight here?
    When I was at the 650 Roadshow in NYC, many 'insiders' were clamoring about what Palm had in the pipeline. Three years later, that pipeline has burst and it was full of hot air.

So when I see people wax poetic about what's in the pipeline today, I have to add a ton of salt.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Why is Ed Colligan completely out of sight here?
    That is an incredibly important question. Was he not on board with this device?
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts View Post
    That is an incredibly important question. Was he not on board with this device?
    You just wait...he's been working on a super-secret device, too. It's going to revolutionize the mobile industry yet again!

My prediction? Combine Jeff's stellar device with Ed's and Palm will own 80% of the mobile market* within 2-3 years of Ed's annoucement...

* "Mobile Market", as defined in this forward thinking document, is that market which includes handheld devices currently in use that were designed and/or marketed by a broad range of companies that includes all mobile device companies whose heritage stems from any company whose name started with the number 3 and/or whose company name currently rhymes with the word "calm".
    Luminary? You've got to be kidding!
    I would say no. He is nowhere to be found on any site giving details on palm's future with this line. It gives you the impression that the foleo was a one-man show.

The rest at palm seem amazingly silent, with the exception of marc.

Are the other palm execs distancing themselves from the hawkins' flop? Their silence is certainly deafening.
    This reminded me of the kid that put off his science fair project until the night before the event.

Thrill to the amazing baking soda volcano!!!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    This reminded me of the kid that put off his science fair project until the night before the event.

Except this blew up in Hawkins face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post

ROTFLMAO...

Kind of goes with the admissions by Hawk that it needs a better processor, and some engineer just "tossed in" the picture viewer in the last few weeks. Kind of makes you queasy when something this cheesy comes out of the oven half-baked...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  20.    #20  
    It comes down to this:

Either Palm has a super real revolutionary device they will release soon

orrrrr....

They are the gold medalist in the fastest way to kill a company olympics.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast