Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [LEFT
    surur[/LEFT];1276427]Which is why they are trying to sell this to
    smartphone
    using executives earning $100 000 per year. Right?

Surur
    Yeah - it's funny how everyone is predicting great success with all the markets that palm haven't targeted or mentioned
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Which is why they are trying to sell this to smartphone using executives earning $100 000 per year. Right?

Surur
    They're targeting "executives." I don't recall a minimum salary requirement.
    I threw in the $100 000 to show these people have the resources to expense a sub-notebook of equivalent size, even if its 4 times the price. The price argument does not fly for this group.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I threw in the $100 000 to show these people have the resources to expense a sub-notebook of equivalent size, even if its 4 times the price. The price argument does not fly for this group.

Surur
    My point was that "executive" is a loose term which could apply to $40,000 managers as well.

But still, most managers have restrictions on what equipment they can purchase, even if their income is over $100K.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mw22
    Word Excel Pdf internet and he is home for the count !!
    How many kids outh there !!!!

Hi
    When i said kids I meant kids

Not sure what age yours was when running after you tube

Mine banned from you tube

Hence not so bad

Kids was meant in sub 10 and less where parents want parental control on where they surf and what they do.

Imagine a class full of foleos for electronic homework and a wifi access point

No you tube and internet in sight to distract learning processes

I know
    I know
    some of us can afford laptops for the same price but one must look at the bigger picture

i mean I am looking at a kolignshi laptop from dynamism at what 700 - 900 $ running win xp and 5" screen !!!
    Dead slow but does the job for 7 fricking hrs !!!!1

It depends what grabs you

Me i saw that lovely april fools joke palm laptop and was reeaally disapointed in this device not comming out
    but I am not blase enough to say it wont ever have a market

there are some people out there that it will suit their needs - maybe a niche market at that

But on the bright side now Treos can start minaturising thenselves

Maybe a treo 680 with no keyboard and a screen like the TX - that would be COOL !!!!!
    Hey MannyPr,

Thanks for the reference to Arthur Schopenhauer - very interesting stuff!!

Through wikipedia and available sources at the New York Public Library, I'm in NYC, there's alot of 'food for thought'.

Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    There was a mix of positive and negative. It's funny to see many that were similar to the reactions to the Foleo.
    Interesting how in the SlashDot thread, the supporters are the hard core, Apple fans. Here at TC, the naysayers are the hard core (or formerly at least ) Palm fans. Steve Jobs knows what his customer base wants. Palm doesn't actually care...and now they seem to be proving they don't even care about their stockholders - well, maybe their newest ones, since they sit on the board!!

I'm amused to see the sudden burst of new TreoCentral members with 10-20 posts and a join date of May or June 2007 that only post in this forum. Hmmm - why on earth would these people join a wireless phone-based web page to discuss a poorly-conceived laptop? It's beyond coincidence don't you think ttcoupe, zorg, mw22, JasonRM79? Let me welcome you four to Treo Central. Normally I would be glad to have Palm employees dropping in on us to hear our views, but since your only purpose seems to be purposefully ignoring us and trying to generate buzz where it doesn't exist, I wouldn't be upset if you left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I'm amused to see the sudden burst of new TreoCentral members with 10-20 posts and a join date of May or June 2007 that only post in this forum. Hmmm - why on earth would these people join a wireless phone-based web page to discuss a poorly-conceived laptop? It's beyond coincidence don't you think ttcoupe, zorg, mw22, JasonRM79? Let me welcome you four to Treo Central. Normally I would be glad to have Palm employees dropping in on us to hear our views, but since your only purpose seems to be purposefully ignoring us and trying to generate buzz where it doesn't exist, I wouldn't be upset if you left.
    While it's certainly possible they're employees, I don't think it's a safe assumption.

The viewership at the Future Treo forum shot to well over a thousand last week. (It's now 38.) It's reasonable to expect that some of those new people might have something to say.
    http://dev.discussion.treocentral.co...d.php?t=144025
    And there are a lot of brand new members in this forum who hate the Foleo as well.
    I'll buy one for the same reason I tried the Sprint update right away, because I'm stupid.
    I'm amused to see the sudden burst of new TreoCentral members with 10-20 posts and a join date of May or June 2007 that only post in this forum. Hmmm - why on earth would these people join a wireless phone-based web page to discuss a poorly-conceived laptop? It's beyond coincidence don't you think ttcoupe, zorg, mw22, JasonRM79? Let me welcome you four to Treo Central. Normally I would be glad to have Palm employees dropping in on us to hear our views, but since your only purpose seems to be purposefully ignoring us and trying to generate buzz where it doesn't exist, I wouldn't be upset if you left. [/QUOTE]

For those who choose not to read I already said I am not a palm employee. I am a teacher. Specifically, I am a high school math teacher and graduate student in the bay area. For the record I have visited treo-central, palm-inforcer, and palm loyal for many years I just never bothered to join the discussions because I never had anything to say. Having read what I see to be unnecessarily biased and negative comments about the Foleo on here I exercised my right to use my good old first amendment privilege. And, in the course of doing that I am magically a member of the Palm-Alkadia connection. None of my comments are overwhelming for or against this product. It would be nice if we could engage in a civil conversation about a product without resorting to personal attacks.
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonRM79 View Post
    It would be nice if we could engage in a civil conversation about a product without resorting to personal attacks.
    Screw you!

Just kidding!
    Foolio me once, shame on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal View Post
    Screw you!

Just kidding!
    Hahahaha

I hope the Palm-Enforcer doesnt get us

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    While it's certainly possible they're employees, I don't think it's a safe assumption.
    You may not agree with my (poorly supported) assumption, but I wouldn't call it unsafe...unless you think my assumption somehow endangers me!!

Even if they're not Palm employees (are too!), they sure picked an odd location and coincidental time to sing the Foleo's praises...just like the two proselytizers did over at MSMobiles.
    I made no statement about your assumptions. That being said I question your conclusion about me. I can't speak for the others mentioned, but as for me I am a regular Joe, who just happens to be a palm enthusiast too.

Like many of you I was pissed when I watched D5 and saw the Foleo. Specifically I wanted something that had touch screen. But I gave it some thought and considered how this might be of some use for people on the move a lot.

Things you totally overlook when you make your "conclusions" about me. For example, I have stated that I think Foleo is way overpriced too. I have also stated that I should have had a faster processor and more on board memory. Lastly, I am bugged that I doesn't have a touch screen so it can function as a tablet too. All that stated, I still think it might be something that some people will be able to use.
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    Even if they're not Palm employees (are too!), they sure picked an odd location and coincidental time to sing the Foleo's praises...
    You mean, a forum dedicated to the Foleo and right after they heard about it? Yeah, that's suspicious.
    Are the numerous new members who hate the Foleo employees too?
    I made no statement about your assumptions.
    Do you still think this is all about you? Hmmm...

Things you totally overlook when you make your "conclusions" about me.
    You're a high school math teacher and grad student. You joined TreoCentral in time to counter what you "see to be unnecessarily biased and negative comments about the Foleo." You are fair and balanced. You're persistent. You have a strong sense of fairness that makes you feel you might be the leader of a cause. You like to write. You're insistent that your view gets heard. You think the world should be fair, all the time, and find yourself frustrated when that is not the case. You will meet a Gemini that will rock your world. You will come into new money. You are due for a change - let your next travel opportunity be your guide.

-- Kupe's new conclusions about JasonRM79
    Do you still think this is all about you? Hmmm...

You're a high school math teacher and grad student. You joined TreoCentral in time to counter what you "see to be unnecessarily biased and negative comments about the Foleo." You are fair and balanced. You're persistent. You have a strong sense of fairness that makes you feel you might be the leader of a cause. You like to write. You're insistent that your view gets heard. You think the world should be fair, all the time, and find yourself frustrated when that is not the case. You will meet a Gemini that will rock your world. You will come into new money. You are due for a change - let your next travel opportunity be your guide.

-- Kupe's new conclusions about JasonRM79

LMAO. Thats actually pretty funny I am married to a libra though. Seriously, I understand your issues with foleo and with palm in general. Really I do. I just didn't appreciate the palm employee remark.
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    LMAO. Thats actually pretty funny I am married to a libra though.
    Don't tell her about the Gemini!
    Hell but you okes can be off topic and viccous about a couple of okes that clearly are just saying that

OK Foleo is cr?? for you high rollers and high end users

But hey there could be a niche market out there for the little oke to use it who is not a super high geek like ourselves.

For your info
    my resume is
    Palm Treo 680+4GB SD Card + Treo 650+2GB SD Card + Tx+2GB SD Card, *fired* ->I-Mate PDA2K (Fired), Palm TC(wife), Palm T3 + 1GB Panasonic SD Card (Son), Palm III pensioned battery expiry - funeral service held

Been a member of Brighthand from Apr 2003

Just never had anything to say

Other than now in that I do believe that us serious palm enthusiats are gravely disappointed about the foleo expecting something like a umpc like the april fools joke on palminfocenter laptop derivative

But clearly there will be a market for the foleo for non tech people

AND THAT IS WHY I ADDED ME 2c AS DID JASON79

So There

PS Been a member of palminfocenter for ever as well !!
    There is no doubt there is a niche market, but Palm needed a new mass market product. If they wanted niche, why did they not release a Treo with GPS. The market is larger for that.

Surur
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast