Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast
    I meant sbono was kidding.
    oops lol...At any point my post was uncool.
    Im going to stop sharing my feelings on Palm,Hawkins,Treo,that darn fooleo lol...It,s really upsetting to say the leaset but hey..What can you do...Stop buying there products.
    good luck to the fooleo consumers.
    Last edited by slingbox; 06/14/2007 at 05:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    oops lol...At any point my post was uncool.
    Im going to stop sharing my feelings on Palm,Hawkins,Treo,that darn fooleo lol...It,s really upsetting to say the leaset but hey..What can you do...Stop buying there products.
    good luck to the fooleo consumers.
    Learn a little spelling and grammar before you dare imply anyone else is a fool.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Learn a little spelling and grammar before you dare imply anyone else is a fool.
    West learn how to shut up
    Yourr hurttting my feelinnggs lol
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    West learn how to shut up
    LOL.
    yes my typing does suck lol but I dooo writeee someee gooddd apss lol.When you go WM I will drop you some TA style because your smart lol hehehe 359 poster lol

I must add,

Great blog
    Last edited by slingbox; 06/14/2007 at 06:47 PM. Reason: I must add
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'd wait for the 2nd gen. Foleo, if there is one. Palm is known for too many bugs and shortcomings!! $600(or $500 with their rebate) is too much to pay to go through bugs. I don't have a 700p but looking at what happened there(all the unhappy customers) and also with the 700w first edition, I'm wary.
    That's the whole problem here. Even the people that want this thing or think it's a decent idea agree that it's too expensive for what you get in the first version, and they'd like to wait until the price comes down and additional features are added with a second version.

So where's the second version of the LifeDrive?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    If "everyone" is going to sit back and see how it will play out, who will actually buy the 1st version? I sure hope Palm has something else coming...
    NOW you guys are starting to understand why the Foleo is a good idea, but NOBODY'S buying it.

I'd actually buy the thing for $500 if it had a dvd burner, 1GB mem, 600MHz proc, speakers, and a ctrl key (unless they really tweaked that OS that it's easy to adapt without it).

So, how many businessmen will actually buy this overpriced, limited device JUST for email (and not even for syncing w/Treo) the first go 'round? I'm willing to bet it's not as many as people'll buy Treos, iPods, and laptops with dual core processors & dvd burners.... not even gonna be close.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    I agree. If you have limited computing requirements, it's possible the Foleo's capabilities might accidentally match up with your needs. However, if it's only a little bit off the mark, there's simply no way to to expand it or improve it - it's all you get. Subnotebooks, on the other hand, are robust enough to meet your initial requirements and grow if your requirements change.
    Where are all the June07 guys like ecowper and friends who decided to argue the points of this Fooleo?

Real businessmen will be buying ASUS and IBM laptops... anything less is a waste of money.
    BTW, 12" & 13" screens are where mobile companion computing is going toward.

WHAT weighs down this 10" screen and customized keyboard with no drives, mem card reader, speakers???????? WHAT?!?! I could understand if this thing got 10+ hours battery life. This would be something, but it's an email device that might not even be able to completely sync with your Treo due to its limited amount of memory.

Palm's wasted a lot of time turning the Handspring Treo 600 more into a phone, but they have wasted even more time trying to reinvent the laptop and then upscale it later. Where will the Fooleo go but upwards with slightly larger screens, a full-sized keyboard, larger battery, more memory, speakers, optical drive, memory card reader, etc...

I'm very frustrated that Palm wastes resources like this. . . please just gimme that new OS before I jump to the iPhone.

Palm is really screwing themselves over by not focusing on the software. If they're really not going to depend on ACCESS, and obviously really shouldn't be in a position to promote WM devices (how'd they jump on that ship, again?).... they need to keep their programmers from their families until they have a stable, fully working OS!

SOFTWARE, PALM, SOFTWARE!!! You don't even have a file browser on your stinkin' 5.7 generation phone...which was used on several generations of PDAs before the smartphone era.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Where are all the June07 guys like ecowper and friends who decided to argue the points of this Fooleo?
    Bored reading the same old arguments over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Real businessmen will be buying ASUS and IBM laptops... anything less is a waste of money.
    As opposed to fake businessmen?
    Last edited by ecowper; 06/16/2007 at 12:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecowper View Post
    Bored reading the same old arguments over and over again.
    TRANSLATION: Given all the mounting evidence against the usefulness of the Foleo, we got nuthin' to argue in its favor.

I think he meant "as opposed to the June07 posers" that logged onto TreoCentral for the first time, but can't explain the reason why Palm has created such a fiasco.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    TRANSLATION: Given all the mounting evidence against the usefulness of the Foleo, we got nuthin' to argue in its favor.
    Nothing has changed in the past few days. There is no "mounting evidence" since nothing more is actually known than was known a week ago. The "mounting evidence" is just people talking without knowing any more than they knew then. The pro/con arguments haven't changed. It's boring to rehash it over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I think he meant "as opposed to the June07 posers" that logged onto TreoCentral for the first time, but can't explain the reason why Palm has created such a fiasco.
    TRANSLATION: I don't agree with you and I'm a techno snob posting in an online forum, so I feel free to say things about people that are rude, unkind and untrue. I use name calling to win arguments, too.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Or fake government contractors.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecowper
    Yip... the ones like yourself.

Nothing has changed in the past few days. There is no "mounting evidence" since nothing more is actually known than was known a week ago. The "mounting evidence" is just people talking without knowing any more than they knew then. The pro/con arguments haven't changed. It's boring to rehash it over and over again.
    The only thing that has changed in this forum is the realization that there are plenty of other laptop manufacturers who will deliver real results for real prices.

TRANSLATION: I don't agree with you and I'm a techno snob posting in an online forum, so I feel free to say things about people that are rude, unkind and untrue. I use name calling to win arguments, too.
    TRANSLATION: Jeez I hope SOMEONE believes that I don't really work for Palm.

For real, it doesn't matter to me whether you do or don't... but I know the future, and only 735 Folly-ohs will sell. G'Luck Palm... you're gonna need it!
    The "fake government contractor" comment makes no sense.

The continued assumption that anyone who thinks the Foleo might make sense for some people is an employee of Palm (or somehow providing an opinion that is false) is bizarre.

Do you folks always accuse people of things like this when they disagree with you?

Thanks for reminding me of why I dislike online forums.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    The "fake government contractor" comment makes no sense.
    It does when considering who your comment was directed to.
    Oh, guess I don't know enough about him to get it.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Oh, guess I don't know enough about him to get it.
    Actually, from your earlier post here, it appears you understand exactly who you're talking to. Don't sweat it. They're a dime-a-dozen.

*applauds*
    Quote Originally Posted by C201 View Post
    Actually, from your earlier post here, it appears you understand exactly who you're talking to. Don't sweat it. They're a dime-a-dozen.
    Oh, got you. Well, I thought that was obvious. ;-)
    Nothing has changed in the past few days.
    Correct. The announcement of the Foleo made no impact on the computing world. The announcement of several new Asus portable models, each with more capability than the Foleo, each with a lower cost than the Foleo made no impact on the computing world. The impact will come in August when the Asus hits the street. There will be no impact when the (lesser equipped, nothing-new-to-offer) Foleo is released at a future date no one seems to care about.

There is no "mounting evidence" since nothing more is actually known than was known a week ago.
    Mounting evidence? Don't know about that. Simple facts maybe - it seems to me the announcements by ASUS added considerable content to the discussion. Maybe you missed that part somehow. It appears Palm missed that too, so you're not alone

I'm a techno snob posting in an online forum...
    That might explain some things.