Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    I won't matter in a while. I just saw we Foleo just got undercut by ASUES's smaller, cheaper and more functional sublaptop called the Intel Classmate Asus Eee subnotebook PC. This things is going for about 250 with a fully functional version of Windows XP. I don't know about batter life.
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonRM79 View Post
    I don't know about batter life.
    Three hours. This is not far of the 5 hours the Foleo promises.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Three hours. This is not far of the 5 hours the Foleo promises.

Surur
    That's five hours while using Wi-Fi.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    That's five hours while using Wi-Fi.
    Thats also just a claim, and frankly I don't believe them. For details like that we will just have to wait and see.

Surur
    Thats also just a claim, and frankly I don't believe them. For details like that we will just have to wait and see.
    Agreed - Remember Palm also claims 12.5 days of standby on the Treo 650. Even with my radio off, and hardly using it - I might get about 4.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    It's not hard to believe, considering the Foleo weighs half a pound more and has fewer components. The larger screen can't weigh that much. It's probably the batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    Agreed - Remember Palm also claims 12.5 days of standby on the Treo 650. Even with my radio off, and hardly using it - I might get about 4.
    You leave your phone off for 4 days straight?
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    It's not hard to believe, considering the Foleo weighs half a pound more and has fewer components. The larger screen can't weigh that much. It's probably the batteries.
    You do know where they got the batteries from, don't you?

(I've got a friend in Nigeria with a proposition that might interest you too )
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Treo batteries aren't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    You do know where they got the batteries from, don't you?

(I've got a friend in Nigeria with a proposition that might interest you too )
    Yes I do. What are you trying to say?

I think you're very, very confused about something...
    Last edited by samkim; 06/06/2007 at 09:52 AM.
    So you are saying its packed with batteries. I thought it has two 755p batteries, at 1600= 3200 mAh.

I have no doubt the Foleo can run longer, but I doubt either device can live up to their maximum times with real use.

Surur
    Three = pretty good.

Surur
    I believe where I read the Asuse laptop has some kind otimizes running mode where it can get more than 3.5 hours.
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    So you are saying its packed with batteries. I thought it has two 755p batteries, at 1600= 3200 mAh.

I have no doubt the Foleo can run longer, but I doubt either device can live up to their maximum times with real use.

Surur
    Three batteries, I think. TC says, "a few" 700p batteries.
    So that's 3x1800 ?

EDIT: Sorry about the delete/repost.
    There is no doubt there is a niche market, but Palm needed a new mass market product. If they wanted niche, why did they not release a Treo with GPS. The market is larger for that.

Surur

Propbably the treo with its present POS doesnt seem to support the WIFI and maybe GPS as well except as an external via blutooth
    I'd be more open to it if and when it can run or at least allow me to manipulate the Treo's applications. If not, then I can't use it as an alternate screen for gps functionality, etc.

It's portability sounds great, but it's actual usefulness is questionable, at this point.

Original poster: I hope it suits your and your family's needs and you're happy with it.

Why? Mostly cuz I'm a nice guy, but also because if folks like you buy enough of'em, then the price will eventually drop low enough for cheap bastards like me!

Yay! Everybody wins!
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal View Post
    Give the link to that thread please.
    This is the one I was thinking about, a thread like this one full of disappointed customers that expected something else (Newton replacement) and failed to see the potential of the device that arguably saved Apple. Some quotes are very similar including how the device would be the demise of the company, etc. Enlighten your self and maybe open your mind to the possibilities:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=500

On another note, I find it hilarious how everyone that is not so disappointed or is trying to highlight how the device fits in their lifestyle gets the "Palm employee" label. Name calling shows the maturity level of the person posting and exposes the lack of a strong argument to support their position.

This device is unique in many ways, and similar to a laptop in many other. Like the MP3 players with many more features than the ipod for less price have proved time and time again, sometimes is not about what I can do with the others but about how easy I can do what I want with this one. I think that was Palm's idea behind this. The more I speak with colleagues and friends about the device the more I get convinced that there might be a big market for this but at a lower price point.

BTW just because you are the CEO and have a great idea doesn't mean you should be the one presenting it. Some of the negative reaction to the announcement was due to the sub-par presentation skills and lack of passion for the product being presented.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyPR View Post
    On another note, I find it hilarious how everyone that is not so disappointed or is trying to highlight how the device fits in their lifestyle gets the "Palm employee" label. Name calling shows the maturity level of the person posting and exposes the lack of a strong argument to support their position.
    I agree. But it doesn't help that your username ends in "PRPRPR&$quot$;.
    Yeah right

Careful PRPRPR $you$ $might$ $be$ $labelled$ $as$ $a$ $Palm$ $PR$ $representative$ $like$ $i$ $was$ ???? !!!! ????
    Quote Originally Posted by mw22 View Post
    There is no doubt there is a niche market, but Palm needed a new mass market product. If they wanted niche, why did they not release a Treo with GPS. The market is larger for that.

Surur

Propbably the treo with its present POS doesnt seem to support the WIFI and maybe GPS as well except as an external via blutooth
    i agree there will be a VERY small niche market for it maybe with big wigs who can blow money on toys. But to the average consumer this is totally useless and not mass-marketable at all. I don't even understand if they spent millions of dollars doing R&D how they plan to recoup their losses.....I dont see them even selling enough of these to break even.

Sure in a way is could have been a good concept idea and it does run linux, BUT what kind of business produces a product theyll lose money on because they cant sell enough to recoup the cost to produce it? That makes no sense in terms of business
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast