1.    #1  
    Since I have been anxiously awaiting the MR update this week now everytime I hear or see "Foleo" it reminds me that my needs as a current customer are overshadowed by Palm's need for new customers. There is not a lot of business logic in that! I completely understand that a company cannot just devote all their resources to current devices and needs to branch out, that being said I think that more than a year is plenty of time to release an INITIAL update for serious bugs mentioned everywhere in the forum! (It was for the 650 and 600)

Bottom line:

FOLEO=*uc* me sans the lube
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    The Foleo means that I won't be returning to Palm. I was going to trade my 6700 for a 700p but the Foleo was proof that Palm doesn't care about its own customers.
  3.    #3  
    At least I am not the only one
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I think this is a horrible idea, I already have a laptop that can do much, much more, then this poc...wheres the new all in one device?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    It means we should be shorting Palm stock. Disastrous idea. If Foleo were a standalone device with its own 3g modem and such, then maybe it would work at the same price as they're planning. But to make it a Bluetooth-based smartphone peripheral (when they can't even get their own phones to handle stable Bluetooth connections)? This seems like the result of a bad PowerPoint mashup.
    it seems like everyone is on the same page. We have been hearing for years about convergance. Now Palm think we want to go the other way? I think this is further proof that palm is headed in the wrong direction? This is not the revolution we were waiting for, the evolution we have been living with. It is devolution! (if that is not a word then I say it is now)
    Can anyone say "Sega 32x"?

I thought you could.

Welcome to the desperate death of Palm.

What a useless load of crap. $500 for something when I can get a laptop that will do tons more for couple hundred more bucks? Please.
    I'll refer you to my post in the other Foleo forum entitled: Foleo is the Worst Idea in History of Earth.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144140
    If you don't feel like reading all that, Foleo means to me that Palm is run by morons and the 700p is likely the last Palm device I will ever own. Very sad.
    Nah, I think of it a a clear sign that they have a linux based OS warming up in the wings. This signals an OS that multitasks is coming and they are preparing for it. It is the GUI application that will sit on top of other systems, as another thread suggests. It also gets them somewhat out from under the thumbs of the carriers.

Sorry but, I believe in Hawkins. I love this idea esp. if it comes tied to the linux OS.
    What's a Foleo?
    It's what the evil witches guards chant as they march into the castle in the Wizard of OZ. :-)

(I like the idea, it doesn't mean I can't make fun of the name)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
    What's a Foleo?
    I'm guessing it's short for portfolio....portfoleo????
    FOLdable trEO? Ahh who cares!
    It's Friday, March 7th, 1997, and the Next Big Thing is being introduced by Apple Computer to an expectant world:

eMate 300 !!!

Remember it? No? I'm not surprised, it sank like a stone and was killed with the rest of the Newton line when Steve Jobs ousted Gil Amelio in February of 1998.

The eMate 300 was essentially a Newton laptop, intended for the academic market. It was a solution in search of a problem, too expensive for a toy and too limited to be anything else.

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
    let me be a practical user. I use Treo more over laptop for its size, its shortcut keys and user interface, and last but not least, its battery. I always have replacement for my treo. I never ever had to stop doing something due to no battery.

So what will you do with Foleo. Does it have replacement battery so I can replace it with my treo battery and keep on working? Can I? Palm.....?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Why would you buy this? Anyone?
    That's a qualified NO.
    Oh heck yeah I'd like to buy one, I'd buy this, go up to Hawkinz, turn that nice long foleo sideways and shove it up his you know what. Now he knows how it feels to be a Palm customer!
    Poor Palm customers, Treo owners... I feel your pain. You had your 15 or 30 days to return your hated product, but something stopped you. Somewhere in the back of your mind you hoped that the bugs that really annoyed you would somehow go away. So you did not return your Palm Treos and switch to a Blueberry or WM within the trial period.

NOW BEND OVER!!
    nothing
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve