Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lmao
    gee.. that was fast... whats the price of this unit?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Foleo-killer, Part Deux . . .

Haha, great find. Yeah, Palm, that's some serious Revolutionary stuff you got there. We've Never seen anything like it.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    Foleo-killer, Part Deux . . .

LOL... Now thats funny....
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    That's the One laptop per child initiative. Unfortunately it weighs almost twice as much as a Foleo. (On the plus side it is 1/5 the price).
    Fooly-oh killer, part three:
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr View Post
    That's the One laptop per child initiative. Unfortunately it weighs almost twice as much as a Foleo. (On the plus side it is 1/5 the price).
    Umm...I know. I was just saying it's a much more capable device...
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Umm...I know. I was just saying it's a much more capable device...
    Yeah, and it's "Truly portable" because you never have to plug it in to charge!
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Ultimate Foleo ...

What's sad is these guys really think that somehow what they're making here is innovative, when hundreds of similar devices have come and gone throughout the years. And that's why we're laughing at them.
    I bet this had instant on too.

Surur
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    What's sad is these guys really think that somehow what they're making here is innovative, when hundreds of similar devices have come and gone throughout the years. And that's why we're laughing at them.
    You nailed it, Count. You are absolutely right. The fact that Hawk thinks this is the most exciting thing he's ever worked on is absolutely incredulous!

Marcus (Chatter) has been all but hinting that this is just the tip of the iceberg and that we'll just have to wait and see the new "range" of products this device brings. No offense to Marcus...but this whole thin client garbage has been done and failed before. The ONLY difference is that now we're being a companion to the PDA instead of the PC. How does this make the IDEA any better?
    Luminary? You've got to be kidding!
    For awhile in Japan (they didn't catch on in the US much, but I remember seeing one or two) there was a booming business in devices much like this as well, where you had a larger screen and keyboard (while still smaller than a laptop) to use for email that you connected your cell phone to when sending/receiving. They were really popular around 1999-2002 if I remember right.

We stopped seeing them because the technology started evolving to the point where we could do all of that with just the phone, eliminating the necessity for a second device.

And now they think this is innovating...
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I bet this had instant on too.

Surur

Even that looked a lot more promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Even that looked a lot more promising.
    Looks like it had a touchscreen. Where's your touchscreen, Foleo?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast