1.    #1  
    I'll bet that once this is released we are going to see alot of creative hacks, apps and enhancements coming out of the Linux community.
    That's not the way it works. In order for hacks and software to come out of the community people (especially the programmers) have to actually own the thing. Nobody's going to develop free software or hacks for a device that nobody owns, or has no market. Instead, the Linux community will continue releasing "creative hacks, apps and enhancements" to the existing laptop and desktop hardware that are already in the hands of the end-users.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    That's not the way it works. In order for hacks and software to come out of the community people (especially the programmers) have to actually own the thing. Nobody's going to develop free software or hacks for a device that nobody owns, or has no market. Instead, the Linux community will continue releasing "creative hacks, apps and enhancements" to the existing laptop and desktop hardware that are already in the hands of the end-users.
    I guess when I said "once this is released" you interpreted this as "at release".

I mean to say that after this is released as a product, we will see activity in the community.
    Wrong again. No self respecting Linux user is ever going to purchace this overpriced piece of junk. The Linux community will never embrace or develop for this.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755