Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Can it do VOIP?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Um, I think the price listed on the overview page is misleading.

You stated: The Foleo will retail for $499 with a $100 rebate and is expected to be available this summer.

But on the Palm site is states:

Special introductory offer only $499*
    * After $100 mail-in rebate.

So the lowest price will actually be $499, not $399 after the $100 off.

Did anyone else read it as "yay $399" or am I dense?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I would like to ask if they honestly thought the smartphone was ready for the Foleo.
    I'm not sure about you guys, but if my Treo 680 is the server, it's like running your thin clients off of Windows 95.
    I understand the concept and I think it's really great, but I'm pretty darn sure the smartphone isn't nearly powerful, full featured, or STABLE enough for what you are trying to pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDot View Post
    I would like to ask if they honestly thought the smartphone was ready for the Foleo.
    I'm not sure about you guys, but if my Treo 680 is the server, it's like running your thin clients off of Windows 95.
    I understand the concept and I think it's really great, but I'm pretty darn sure the smartphone isn't nearly powerful, full featured, or STABLE enough for what you are trying to pull.
    excellent point.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    My question is really simple:
    What the h*ll were you guys thinking?
    I had an old LG Windows CE device about 8 years ago that did almost all of what the Foleo can do now.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Can I print from it? I have a bluetooth printer from Canon. So if I'm editing a Word Document, could I print a copy?
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzkids View Post

You stated: The Foleo will retail for $499 with a $100 rebate and is expected to be available this summer.

same thing, yes dense
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzkids View Post

Hmmm....so in one hand I could have a treo (312MHz processor, bluetooth 1.2) and a foleo for a grand total of over $1k retail. In the other I could have an iPhone for $500 or $600 (rumored multicore processor, bluetooth 2.0+EDR, wifi, etc etc). Hmm.....which would you choose?
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize View Post
    It seems that most companies (large and small) issue laptops through an official procurement / deployment process. IT and purchasing are both involved in these decisions. This allows standards for software, custom apps. and IT support costs to be contained.

Yet, mobile phones are often left to the individuals to purchase - with reimbursement options for monthly usage. Sometimes companies offer a few "approved" phones if integrating into corporate mail systems.

I don't understand where this product fits. I work for a fortune 50 company and this product wouldn't be supported as is. I cannot choose my laptop. It is given to me and remains company property.

Yet my phone - is up to me to purchase and the monthly usage fee is reimbursed.

The current Treo community was largely hoping for a next generation handheld which incorporates smaller form factor, 3G+ data, and a concurrent voice / Data option. Other features reqeusted included BT, GPS, etc.

Who is your target audience? I honestly cannot picture the market acceptance of this device.
    Wearing my coporate hat - this occured to me - generally speaking your bean-counters who decide your equipment budget will be basing it on one PC/Laptop + one mobile phone. They will take one look at this and say "he wants another laptop?" and put a redline through it - they will not get the concept.

Even if they allowed it, it would generally then reduce the money in your budget for a *proper* laptop.

As for the prosumer - $500 for a sub-par laptop? get out of town!
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Will it have lasers?

PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Here is my qurstion: Tungsten C never got a proper "version B" hardware update; the LifeDrive never got a proper "version B" hardware update, why should we expect Palm to give Foleo long term support it needed should the sale disappoint.

Also question 2, why not a 5" or 7" screen, why is it so big and non-portable?
    I will tell you one thing.....Folio will be collection item. Sorry was looking to convince someone to buy the damn thing
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    What kind of power jack does it have? (Palm's current set up or, mini USB)

I think this has been asked already but what size if any is the audio jack?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Will it have lasers?

You're going the wrong way on the Palm technology continuum. What you should be asking is; will it have a 19.2Kbps modem built in?
    bump. the interview is up, but keep asking qs and I'll try to answer them myself on saturday.
    Can someone post a short transcript of what the answers were? I can't watch the video at work, and all the users who browse the site on their treos would like to find out what it says too.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    bump. the interview is up, but keep asking qs and I'll try to answer them myself on saturday.
    You need to bump a sticky?

It would be good to get a read on the reaction to the Foleo among the D Conference attendees. Is it as bad as at TC?
    Does the Foleo not include the basic Palm PIM's? I don't remember Jeff mentioning them in the webcast. I use those much more than I do email.
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Can someone post a short transcript of what the answers were? I can't watch the video at work, and all the users who browse the site on their treos would like to find out what it says too.
    You can't watch the video on the Foleo either
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Most important question of all:

WILL IT BLEND????
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast