Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    This thing only has 128MB of storage. I have a calculator with more storage than that. This is just bad.

    http://www.engadget.com/gallery/palm...nds-on/258111/

    Jacob
  2. #2  
    But the screen is so big!
  3. #3  
    Dont forget the shiny new FULL SIZED keyboard!
  4. #4  
    I had one of those roller type pointers back in 1995. Warning don't use roller type pointers after eating salty peanuts.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  5. webedc's Avatar
    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by photojake View Post
    This thing only has 128MB of storage.
    Remember this is a "mobile-companion", not a laptop. So we cannot compare apples with oranges.

    Seriously, Foleo is walking a fine line here. It has the appearance of a laptop but yet it's a blown up screen and keyboard for your Treo (or whatever smartphone that you carry). So it's very easy for us to fall in the trap of commenting Foleo by using a laptop's standard.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  6. #6  
    its like the the evolution of computing is going backwards!!!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    Remember this is a "mobile-companion", not a laptop. So we cannot compare apples with oranges.

    Seriously, Foleo is walking a fine line here. It has the appearance of a laptop but yet it's a blown up screen and keyboard for your Treo (or whatever smartphone that you carry). So it's very easy for us to fall in the trap of commenting Foleo by using a laptop's standard.
    Ok, so it looks like a laptop, it's priced like a laptop, and it's sized like a laptop, but we can't compare it to laptops because...?

    Oh, right. Because it wouldn't have a leg to stand on if we compared them.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  8. #8  
    the internal memory is a compact flash slot that can be upgraded to larger capacities.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    the internal memory is a compact flash slot that can be upgraded to larger capacities.
    Great! More memory cards to buy!
  10. #10  
    The storage is upgradeable. IF you need more just insert a compact flash and SDHC card.
    16GB Compactflash + 8GB SDHC = 24GB total storage.

    If you use the 20GB microdrive that is coming out later this year that is almost 30GB of storage.
  11. ksom's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr View Post
    The storage is upgradeable. IF you need more just insert a compact flash and SDHC card.
    16GB Compactflash + 8GB SDHC = 24GB total storage.

    If you use the 20GB microdrive that is coming out later this year that is almost 30GB of storage.
    With the $499 price, they should include at least 16GB of memory. A $499 storage device with a 5" inch screen can have 30GB or 60GB of space. We can give it a little slack, since it does have a real OS, but 128MB is too small.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    its like the the evolution of computing is going backwards!!!
    That is correct. Palm is regressing. I bet they sell about....20 of these things.. half will be bought by jeff and his family...
  13. #13  
    Ukingfay Okejay
  14. #14  
    i agree for $500 you can get a pretty decent laptop why would you blow it on a glorified extra screen/keyboard for a treo. This thing makes no sense at all,and what was all the hype about for a baby linux laptop you cn sync your phone with??.

    I think Palm's finally fallen off their rocker. I see them selling maybe 5 of these.
  15. #15  
    Hi Guys

    A Given
    This is not a thing for everyone

    I had really hoped it would replace my Treo 650 entirley

    ie have voice and a sim card connectivity (GSM)

    I know you can work with excel on a treo but with what a Microsope to see the bigger picture.

    GSM connectivity will probably come in wave 2 of this device

    Oh Well here comes my treo 680 upgrade while I wait a year for version 2.

    Remember umpc are also just as dumb (yeah maybe the are running winXP) but I think ol "Hawk" realises this version is a pilot to see what people want and where it will go

    There is also a lot of battery development going on

    Imagine skype, cell fone connectivity and calls on this device and you could run it entirely independent from your treo and your desktop ???

    I think this is part of a developmental stage

    I mean look
    pilot - palm - visor - handspring - treo 180 + 270 + 600 +650 then most successful 680

    Took a bit of a run up to get it rite !!!!

    Maybe that is what this is !!!

    a run up to find the right mix !!!

    Cheers before somebody shoots me
  16. #16  
    The only thing i like is it still uses SD card.
  17. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    The only thing i like is it still uses SD card.
    LOL...yeah, at least it has that going for it.
    Luminary? You've got to be kidding!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    The only thing i like is it still uses SD card.
    Oh well then, thats it.. I have to have the damn thing...
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Great! More memory cards to buy!
    I already have SD cards and large CF cards (8gb). I don't use them now. The CF card is an excuse to get a Foleo...

    I would really like to see a Photo application. This would be a great device to carry to archive photos from an SD card to the large capacity CF card when traveling.

    How about bluetooth transfer for photos from a smartphone camera to the CF card in the Foleo? There is potential here if the software is developed correctly...
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartphone Fan View Post
    I would really like to see a Photo application. This would be a great device to carry to archive photos from an SD card to the large capacity CF card when traveling.
    My MP3 player does that. It's got a 40 gig hard drive, a CF slot and an SD slot. I used to use it for transferring pictures from my digital camera before I got my notebook.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755

Posting Permissions