View Poll Results: Consider Foleo purchase if priced less than $200.00 US

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I would purchase if less than $200.00US

94 61.84%
  • No. I still would not purchase at any price.

58 38.16%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think those old Sharp Zaurus things were around $40-50 and I still didn't buy one, so no I won't be buying one of these. I travel a lot for a living (Target market for this device), so I carry as little as possible. I need a merged device (Phone, PDA, pocket computer) that is as small as possible for when I don't want to carry things. I need a laptop when I need full featured computing power and to watch DVDs on the plane.

I don't need or have room to carry a 3rd device even if it was free.
    Would you , could you, at $200?

I would not, could not, even at $200.

I will not eat it, Sam-I-am.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss View Post
    Would you , could you, at $200?

I would not, could not, even at $200.

I will not eat it, Sam-I-am.
    dont forget to vote above
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I was comparing a Laptop with Linux, but yes that is a great example of a Windows Laptop for $399.
    And what's the difference between a Windows laptop and a Linux laptop?

The OS that's pre-installed. So you go buy the windows laptop and install Ubuntu, or whatever your favorite free Linux distro is. Viola! Linux laptop!
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    And what's the difference between a Windows laptop and a Linux laptop?

The OS that's pre-installed. So you go buy the windows laptop and install Ubuntu, or whatever your favorite free Linux distro is. Viola! Linux laptop!
    Very good point, I hope that Palm will annouce additional features that will make the Foleo more attractive at that price. I'm going to try and stay as positive as I can but this was a shocker..
    Yeah, I'd buy it for $200.. It'll make a cool little X terminal.. Hopefully it'll do X apps, but who knows there... $500, no thanks.
    I think a better question is: How many treos would palm sell if an unlocked one sold for $200?
    Quote Originally Posted by climber_rich View Post
    I think a better question is: How many treos would palm sell if an unlocked one sold for $200?
    Like hotcakes!
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    i may get one if less than $100 because of its stripped down capabilities. I had actually wrote about a treo docking station in 2005 where a laptop shell would be tied in with the treo. i didnt give any specs but the idea was to be able to use the shell for long use times like when on a plane or whatever.

great minds think alike? but pricing is completely wrong. add a 8 GB SSD drive to either the foleo or ideally to the treo, forget bluetooth connectivity, its nice but it drains battery. add some usb ports and i'd snap it up.

ultimate treo accessory
    I'd pay $75 if it supported the Slingbox.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    My wife said she would pay $250 if it came in pink
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    I wouldn't buy at any feasible price. I can't see any circumstances where I would carry my Treo and a Foleo, but not my laptop (which weighs damn near the same, has 5 hours battery life but does loads more).

If it was under $20 I might get one to play with Linux on...but I've got old PCs I could do that with if I wanted to, so probably no even then.
    I agree 100% what exactly is the purpose of this device. I don't get it, no I wouldn't buy it at $200 bucks. But I would spend $700 on a Fracking Treo with Wifi and sufficient memory, improved display, bluetooth that worked. I am so pissed off
    You can't PAY me $200 to use this! I want one device, not more than one!
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Im curious if since Foleo is considered an accessory, if other manufactures will make similar smart phone companions, that would also bring down the price.
    For $100 to $150 perhaps...
    but only if there are no reports of problems
    (BT, etc.)
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    For $100 to $150 perhaps...
    but only if there are no reports of problems
    (BT, etc.)
    And when exactly was the last time that Palm released ANYTHING without reports of problems (Palm V?).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    When your avatar was state-of-the-art!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    No. I use my Treo 3-4 hours a day but I only check my email boxes every other day.

So the Foleo is useless to me at any price.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Wow, according to the poll so far even at $199, there is over 40% of voters would still not buy....
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    My wife said she would pay $250 if it came in pink
    Hell yea, your wife is so right!
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast