Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    reset button on the Foleo?
  2. #2  
    Hawkins said "You can't turn this thing off. It's not possible to turn it off!"
  3. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #3  
    Under the battery most likely.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

    Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  4. #4  
    Now that's innovation!
  5. #5  
    So the battery will be dead by the time you want to use it?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Hawkins said "You can't turn this thing off. It's not possible to turn it off!"
    ...but without a reset button? Meaning, Palm finally got to the point of making bug-free software?

    What about mis-behaved 3rd party applications? Can it have 3rd party apps?
  7. #7  
    He said that 3rd party apps were being worked on, and they are relying on the same individuals who made apps for the POS to step up and write them for the Foleo.
  8.    #8  
    Does anybody have a link to the detailed specs? It's nowhere on the website...

    Can't figure out its weight

    or battery life (4 hours?) or anything else...

    can it plug-into my 650 docking station

    What about music? does it have a 3.5 mm or 2.5 mm jack?

    Does it have a touch screen?
  9. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    He said that 3rd party apps were being worked on, and they are relying on the same individuals who made apps for the POS to step up and write them for the Foleo.
    The same ones who've been running to WM for the past 3 years?
    Luminary? You've got to be kidding!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Does anybody have a link to the detailed specs? It's nowhere on the website...

    Can't figure out its weight

    or battery life (4 hours?) or anything else...

    can it plug-into my 650 docking station

    What about music? does it have a 3.5 mm or 2.5 mm jack?

    Does it have a touch screen?
    2.5 pounds

    5 hours usable time, unstated standby

    No. It's Bluetooth

    No headphone jacks were shown, but it does have a VGA out, SD card slot, USB port, and internal CF slot

    No touchscreen, but does have a scrollwheel
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    ...but without a reset button? Meaning, Palm finally got to the point of making bug-free software?
    I wouldn't go that far. The 755P doesn't have a reset button, either, but it does need to be reset occasionally.

    I just have to snatch the battery out, then put it back in. I wouldn't be too surprised (although I might be disappointed) if that were the case with the Foleo.

    If I didn't need a laptop for other stuff, this device might've been welcome news. As it stands, I do have a laptop and I don't want to pay $500 for a sidekick for my sidekick.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  12. #12  
    No USB port for charging the Treo?
  13. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    2.5 pounds

    5 hours usable time, unstated standby

    No. It's Bluetooth

    No headphone jacks were shown, but it does have a VGA out, SD card slot, USB port, and internal CF slot

    No touchscreen, but does have a scrollwheel
    Another thread has some photos from Engadget...looks like it has a full size headphone jack...but I could be wrong...
    Luminary? You've got to be kidding!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
    Another thread has some photos from Engadget...looks like it has a full size headphone jack...but I could be wrong...
    Yeah, I posted my comments fromjust watching the presentation. I then found the pictures at Engadget and so posted those.

Posting Permissions