1.    #1  
    This really was pathetic.

(this is my last post in the foleo section today!)

The presentation is done on a couple of chairs and an overhead projector and a 70's red curtain from a discarded theater with rainbow flash lights illuminating the palm logo.... if this is a "revolutionary" device, why are they doing a 3rd grade presentation with a guy in a T-Shirt.

-NOT Touchscreen
    -Versamail standard / only on the foleo "LAPTOP ACCESSORY"
    -support expected of a range of devices...he even mentioned "apple's phone" - probably the most exciting part of the presentation (and also the most useless)
    -password protected when Treo is not in the bluetooth range
    - enabled to display flash animation - Hawkins "challenged" his crackpot team to allow it to show Lonestar flash animations
    -Tried to ask if Palm OS apps will be supported in emulation mode - question not asked.
    - Hawkins doesn't sound very convincing at all about this device.

As another user suggested....palm should change their name to "Table"

Here is my tagline for them:

The new FOLEO Treo Accessory / Laptop-wannabe.... from the company that destroyed the Palm brand in one fell swoop.... "Table"
    Last edited by alpinadvl; 05/30/2007 at 02:18 PM.
    and again... the Foleo is a revolutionary product that just takes some time to digest at first, but it will get to you. It has the shape of a laptop, but it is not a laptop replacement at all. It was made to be a mobile device that runs instantly and doesn't take a long time to boot up or open applications like a laptop.

Al
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    and again... the Foleo is a revolutionary product that just takes some time to digest at first, but it will get to you. It has the shape of a laptop, but it is not a laptop replacement at all. It was made to be a mobile device that runs instantly and doesn't take a long time to boot up or open applications like a laptop.

Al

If my laptop had 128MB hard drive and had less than 10 applications I'm sure I could get it to boot a bit quicker.

Al
    And again, while you keep making outrageous claims like this I'll keep claiming you work for Palm
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    anyone have a link to the webcast?
    Two observations:

1) Foleo should have a price point of about $200 ($199 even sounds better)

2) Should allow for a traveler to leave the far-more-pricey laptop at home (see #1 above) and still allow functionality of web-browsing, email, and handling docs. Seems ideal for a writer, for example.

Otherwise .... the price-point leans far too close to an inexpensive laptop that provides far more functionality --- might as well buy a cheap laptop that wouldn't be much bigger, imho.
    Palm since Palm Professional --- Treo 650 (2 yrs), iPhone since 6/29/07
  7.    #9  
    Yeah... I agree with this last point.... if it were $200 price point (don't worry...it will be on ebay in 1 year!)..... it would be a much more interesting device.

-alf
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

Al

Again...explain how this is any different than the clamshell Windows CE devices from the late 90's? Sure...it has an updated OS that can run an updated web browser...but how is this revolutionary when the form factor and function (including touch screens!) was available nearly a decade ago?
    Luminary? You've got to be kidding!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri Guy View Post
    Two observations:

1) Foleo should have a price point of about $200 ($199 even sounds better)

2) Should allow for a traveler to leave the far-more-pricey laptop at home (see #1 above) and still allow functionality of web-browsing, email, and handling docs. Seems ideal for a writer, for example.
    If it runs Slingplayer Mobile and can also play movies, maybe I would buy one at $200...
    Palm changes their name to table? Yeah, that would work.

I could also see the names "backhand", "punt" or "dropkick" being used just as appropriately.

I'd LOVE to see the new logos...
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
    Again...explain how this is any different than the clamshell Windows CE devices from the late 90's? Sure...it has an updated OS that can run an updated web browser...but how is this revolutionary when the form factor and function (including touch screens!) was available nearly a decade ago?
    I know lots of people that use a laptop/PC to just browse the web, read email, view pictures and chat. And to tell you the truth that is what I do most of the time. So the Foleo with its light weight, thin size and at the same time large screen and full size keyboard works out pretty good as a mobile device. Now, let's not forget about the most important part. It runs Linux, which means we will be seeing lots of development and cool software for the Foleo. Why compare this with a Win CE? Those were slow buggy retarded machines.

Al