1.    #1  
    I have a sony vaio 11 inch laptop which gives me 7 hours of battery life & also weighs 2 lbs. I don't need the Foleo crap.

But is this the last update for the Treo?? Will there be an 800?? I want a smartphone that is a world phone with wifi & something stable with linux. come on palm!!!
    this has nothing to do with the treo. its happening parallelly. future foleos will be required for future treos, so there'll be new treos coming. i find the foleo sweet, but nothing for me. when i am outside i can only carry a smartphone (i have a bad back and i like it light) and at work i have big fat computers.
    I have the same fears as treoneo. The foleo was most probably the linux device that Ed said would be released this year. This is thier new baby. so why bother improving the Treo. Palm WANTS us to need the Foleo. So why make a Linux Treo?
    The Foleo's instant on is sweet but not enough to make me carry it in addition to phone and laptop.
    Given a few things that Palm has stated previously about Treo releases this year, we should expect 3 more before the year is out.

A really loose rumor some time ago stated that Sprint was testing a Treo with a decidely differetn forma factor than any other Treos before. I believe that was here at TC it was mentioned.

Nevertheless, I'd expect at least one of the new Treos to play with this new Palm Linux OS. The rest to go WM then Garnet - with the latter being the closest Garnet comes to being 3Ged.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Maybe Foleo is running the future Palmux OS that we will soon see on future Treos...?
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    So now that we hav a new palm laptop, dos this mean that the treo 800 is not coming??
    The treo 800 will be the desktop version?

[edit]

...or maybe this?
    Last edited by tirk; 05/30/2007 at 04:04 PM. Reason: time to bring out the old jokes!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I have a sony vaio 11 inch laptop which gives me 7 hours of battery life & also weighs 2 lbs. I don't need the Foleo crap.

But is this the last update for the Treo?? Will there be an 800?? I want a smartphone that is a world phone with wifi & something stable with linux. come on palm!!!
    If Palm actually remains as a company then yes. I think they will release Treo800 based on Linux OS (PalmOS??). That will be last card Palm has before going out of business. I think they will do everything in their power to sell themselves to some company and leave all mess on them to deal with before announcing new treo. I cant blame them after this Foleo stunt they pull up. Imagine they thought this was a very big announcement which will change everything in mobile computing, and they worked on it for long time. Now think the same thing they claim about new treo. Would you trust them? I am not.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  8.    #8  
    yeah well we will have to wait another 1.5 years to see a treo 800. not to mention all the features we wanted in the treo will probably never appear because they have to save them for the foleo. All I want is a treo with wifi, ad2p bluetooth, 2+mp camera, STABLE os...
    OH sure, the Treo 800 is coming. Just imagine a 680 with a 1300 mah battery. Now THAT'S innovation!
    I too am waiting for the next Treo.. Before I go and sign a new contract with any Carrier. I hope the next Treo will have UTMS/3G something besides the EDGE. I do remeber Palm saying a Higher end treo was in the works. Let's hope it has the 3G/UTMS , wifi, EVDO Rev A , a 2mp + cmaera and the new OS. HERE IS HOPING......
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    I too am waiting for the next Treo.. Before I go and sign a new contract with any Carrier. I hope the next Treo will have UTMS/3G something besides the EDGE. I do remeber Palm saying a Higher end treo was in the works. Let's hope it has the 3G/UTMS , wifi, EVDO Rev A , a 2mp + cmaera and the new OS. HERE IS HOPING......
    Gadget Lust has you gripped tight, Smileyboy.
    I think this new device confirms the Treo 800.
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    The treo 800 will be the desktop version?

[edit]

...or maybe this?
    I resemble that remark!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.