1.    #1  
    The Samsung Q1 Ultra UMPC is smaller, far more powerful (runs Vista), 60gb HDD, etc. You can tether to your Treo and browse at UMTS/EVDO speeds, or use the wifi. Best of all, the budget model is only $799. So who gets the Foleo over a UMPC??
    Exactly!
  3.    #3  
    I want the price of the UMPCs to fall to 650ish before I get one. But now that I teach online, I'd like to have a small and cheap solution to posting on the go wherever I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    The Samsung Q1 Ultra UMPC is smaller, far more powerful (runs Vista), 60gb HDD, etc. You can tether to your Treo and browse at UMTS/EVDO speeds, or use the wifi. Best of all, the budget model is only $799. So who gets the Foleo over a UMPC??
    And the battery life is only one hour less than the Foleo.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    exactly, so besides the instant on (which my smartphone does just fine), why do we need the Foleo?
    exactly, so besides the instant on (which my smartphone does just fine), why do we need the Foleo?
    Maybe you don't. Others may value the full-size keyboard, larger screen, lower price, solid-state design, and extra one hour of battery life.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Maybe you don't. Others may value the full-size keyboard, larger screen, lower price, solid-state design, and extra one hour of battery life.
    I can't even do a lot of web-based apps on the foleo because it's just not powerful enough. An extra $300 for everything extra, well that's a price that's worth considering. You have to plug in a CF card to even get any solid state memory on it. All in all, neat concept, but I don't see too many people buying into it, especially when the UMPCs drop even further in price.
    I can't even do a lot of web-based apps on the foleo because it's just not powerful enough.
    Like what? I know Flash video is a problem. What web-based apps can't you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    One hour less? Check your facts again.

From Samsung's website:

3.5Hrs Standard Battery, Over 1.40 Hrs DVD Playback

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/m...Specifications

3.5 hrs standard battery, which probably means 2 hours or less usage with wifi on.