1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I think everybody ought to give this thing a break. It is not for Treo users, IMO, but for other phones that get email and limited web access.

My wife has a Sprint flip-phone she uses for email and ebay listings all the time and gets very frustrated T-9ing it. I could really see her getting and enjoying something like this. If it can handle other OS's like Symbian etc and price comes down, say $299, I think this thing could have some legs for those that have keyboarless phones that get email and such.

For me, the device is useless since I can type fine on the Treo for what I need when I am mobile. A bigger keyboard and screen would be useful at times, but This thing is too big to bother to carry around in addition to my 755.

On the other hand, maybe they read all the posts on DUN and decided to come up with something that made it easy to do!!
    Umm, if you watch the introduction, Hawkins holds up a Treo, all the pictures show people using Treos, and the images show the Foleo syncing to a Treo. It could be for other smartphones, but they're aiming this at people with Treos that feel they sometimes need a bigger screen and keyboard.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    I think I picked up that this is $600 with a $100 discount. In the UK that will, on past experience, end up as UKL600 - an eye watering $1200.

Umm, no. I don't think so.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    I think I picked up that this is $600 with a $100 discount. In the UK that will, on past experience, end up as UKL600 - an eye watering $1200.

Umm, no. I don't think so.
    Yeah, it's $500 after a $100 mail in rebate. Come on...
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Hey guys, I think everybody ought to give this thing a break. It is not for Treo users,
    Which is why they show it sucking e-mail from a Treo, right?

Surur
    For the OP's wife, maybe instead of a flip phone plus Foleo why doesn't she get a Treo?
    This is not for Treo users, nor for those who use paper cups and strings as a phone or elephant dung as an exfoliant.

What an absolute waste. If I see someone with this, I will laugh at them unless I pity them too much.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    This is not for Treo users, nor for those who use paper cups and strings as a phone or elephant dung as an exfoliant.

What an absolute waste. If I see someone with this, I will laugh at them unless I pity them too much.
    I'll laugh at them, pity them a little, then laugh at them some more.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  9.    #9  
    Well of course they would use a treo to demo it. First its all that they sell - don't thing they would use a moto do you? Second the thing probably works best (or only) with treos right now until others get their hands on it.

More accuratly though, I should have said that this is not for CURRENT treo users. Hawkins has talked repeatedly about smartphones getting smaller and about other form factors. I bet we see a sma treo flipphone with no keyboard as a successor to the I-500 and a bigger screen treo with no real keyboard just a virtual one like the I-Phone. A (cheaper) Foleo would make more sense for them
    How big is the thing? I mean why do I need another laptop? One that doesn't run most of my apps no less? If this is aimed at business users then now they have to have 2 or 3 laptops (work, home AND foleo). If it's for casual users, the Linux learning curve will be too much ("what is a conf file?"). I really don't get it . Unless it plugs into Google apps natively, runs them flawlessly AND figures out how to make a google spreadsheet legible in Excel, then it's just a laptop that doesn't run windows (ok I can see some merit in that but not much business value).

I hope that the 700p MR wasn't delayed for this abomination!
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    yeah -it was demoed w/ the treo .. but it's going to be marketed to all smartphone users. I think Blackberry useser will be very interested in this product ... I hope palm actualy delivers on the compatability
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    But the OP is trying to imply that the Foleo is not for the type of person who owns and uses a Treo or other smartphone when that's EXACTLY the type of person palm wants to sell this thing to.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    yeah -it was demoed w/ the treo .. but it's going to be marketed to all smartphone users. I think Blackberry useser will be very interested in this product ... I hope palm actualy delivers on the compatability
    Maybe the Blackberry user of a few years ago, but the current Blackberry has actually passed up the Treo in terms of actual functionality. It's not the one-trick pony it used to be. Most of us have been so focused on the Palm-OS/Treo line the last few years that we haven't noticed that most of the Smartphone world has caught up to us, and in some cases flat out left us in the dust.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    It's not for computer users! It targeted specifically at my Mom and her friend Alice. Unfortunately both hate the color.