1.    #1  
    Funny to see news that Jeff H has sold some Palm stock just days before he announced the Foleo.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070530/palm_...ions.html?.v=1

Not the biggest vote of confidence for his new brain child. Dumb PRPRPR $at$ $a$ $minimum$.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    This whole thing has got to be a freakin joke?
    is it april 1st?
    what on earth did they do?
    this is the "next best thing"?
    So....this is where all our "treo-r&d money" has gone.....

Palm has got a lot of explaining to do.

Someone...please say something positive about this.... I just want to hear somone else's opinion really.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Funny to see news that Jeff H has sold some Palm stock just days before he announced the Foleo.

Not the biggest vote of confidence for his new brain child. Dumb PRPRPR $at$ $a$ $minimum$.
    "under a prearranged trading plan"
    Wall St. knows this is not news.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinadvl View Post

Someone...please say something positive about this.... I just want to hear somone else's opinion really.
    It's got Wi-Fi?
    Luminary? You've got to be kidding!
    There could be many reasons for doing this. He could be selling it in order to fund another business venture at numenta or within palm's new third business.....

or...

Well, I won't go there.
  6.    #6  
    I think that this sale was probably part of a pre-arranged schedule, but you have got to admit that from a timing perspective this is BAD public relations.
    Haggar, I think you're right... the best I can come up with is that it's got WiFi. It's also interesting that they intend to support third party smartphones, but why would I want a bulky keyboard and screen to carry around with an iPhone or Nokia N95?

I'm stunned that Palm let this thing out the door - I mean will let this thing out the door someday - much less try to spin it as a genre-creating advance. I fear my 680 will be my first and last Treo, if this passes for innovation over at Palm.
    You know, that isn't a good thing. Dag Jeff, just dag.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I guess if they can't sell Foleo's they could at least sell their stock port(folios)...
    Last edited by GreenHex; 05/30/2007 at 02:14 PM.
    I think that this sale was probably part of a pre-arranged schedule, but you have got to admit that from a timing perspective this is BAD public relations.
    My thoughts, exactly. In his position (and in a post-Martha world), he probably thought it best to leave his schedule intact so there'd be no way he could be accused of wrong-doing.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Its funny, but even on bad news Palm's stock only goes up, because the more they fail the bigger a take-over target they become. Its the only thing keeping their stock up.

Surur
  12. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I want to see the OS in action, it's what we're going to be seeing on future Treos isn't it?
  13.    #13  
    The day after Foleo was announced the overall stock market is up and the price of Palm stock is down. The masses have spoken!
    The day after Foleo was announced the overall stock market is up and the price of Palm stock is down. The masses have spoken!
    PALM just gave back yesterday's gains.
    15 seconds of resarch shows me that Hawkins has had small sales of 15 to 20K shares on a very regular schedule for years. Whoop-de-doo

http://biz.yahoo.com/t/89/836.html
    Not to mention that as an officer of the company, the SEC requires him (and every Officer of a publicly traded company) to schedule stock trades months in advance to avoid any hint of stock manipulation.

Definitely bad timing though.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    So Jeff bailout before I do?

Oh get a damn clue... Top management in every copy sell shares like this monthly.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=PALM