Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    The Foleo is appearing on Palm's homepage now...

http://www.palm.com/us/products/mobi...leo/index.html
    Luminary? You've got to be kidding!
    Are they serious? They're introducing a laptop-sized/priced device that's focused on email?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    omfg ...its HUGe
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dialekt View Post
    omfg ...its HUGe
    Not as big as my YAWN!
    Buh... Palm?

WHAT

ARE

YOU

SMOKING?

I can see this only being good for people who do not already have a laptop. Otherwise, why bother? Seriously, this is going to dud harder than the Lifedrive. Idiots.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    i just want a 700p update
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Buh... Palm?

WHAT

ARE

YOU

SMOKING?

I can see this only being good for people who do not already have a laptop. Otherwise, why bother? Seriously, this is going to dud harder than the Lifedrive. Idiots.

Should we call this "Deathdrive" ??
    Haha! Those idiots! This is seriously the nail on the coffin for PALM. This is the best they could come up with?!?!

I imagined at least a roll-up or foldable screen and keyboard. Something pocket-able. Who in the world is going to carry this around when you can just use a full-blown laptop instead? I mean you still have to bring your Treo along for connectivity anyways...there is absolutely no innovation in this whatsoever.

I'm sorry, but I've completely lost faith in PALM. I wonder who's going to make a decent ALP smartphone?
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    The main reason I use a Treo is because it is "all in one device". Some people might find the Foleo useful. I see it as a step backwards.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Besides, did you see the pricetag on the thing? $499 after a $100 mail in rebate. Why would you buy one when you can get a laptop for that cheap.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Seriously, this is going to dud harder than the Lifedrive. Idiots.
    Replace Lifedrive with Audrey. This thing is DOA.
    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock
    I just want a 700p update.
    Exactly. Back to the MR-watch for me.
    ROFL!!! Their taglines are "Truly portable, so small, so light..." Are you kidding me? Did any of them actually think about this before putting together that kind of marketing campaign? Oh, poor poor PALM. They tried so hard, only to die now.
    Palm and Colligan on CNBC in 2 minutes.
    Alright, I think it's time to start taking bets on the future of Palm... will we even see another Treo before they keel over or get bought out?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    In other news, Palm has renamed itself Lap, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Lap, Inc.
    Nice... :-D
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    ROFL!!! Their taglines are "Truly portable, so small, so light..." Are you kidding me? Did any of them actually think about this before putting together that kind of marketing campaign? Oh, poor poor PALM. They tried so hard, only to die now.

those are the same guys that tested the 700P before it went out to market!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Alright, I think it's time to start taking bets on the future of Palm... will we even see another Treo before they keel over or get bought out?
    The problem is nobody is going to buy them at this price point, which means they'll never be able to make up R&D losses, and they'll never be able to streamline the design to bring the price down to a competitive level (i.e. much less than current laptop prices) and the whole line is doomed from the start.

If they put much resources into this project at all, it will likely finish them. Even with the increase in Treo sales they've had in the last few years I don't know if they can cover their losses here.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    The problem is nobody is going to buy them at this price point, which means they'll never be able to make up R&D losses, and they'll never be able to streamline the design to bring the price down to a competitive level (i.e. much less than current laptop prices) and the whole line is doomed from the start.

If they put much resources into this project at all, it will likely finish them. Even with the increase in Treo sales they've had in the last few years I don't know if they can cover their losses here.

....after looking at this thing, I wonder how many resources they actually put into it!
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Okay this isn’t what I wanted to see but I can see the idea behind it.
    I think Palm is looking to grab people from the PC laptop market.
    I see it as this:
    Why do some people carry laptop and smart people
    1. Screen and keyboard
    2. Internet (on larger screen)
    3. Power (speed)
    What if we take everything out the laptop put it on a Treo and then offer the screen and keyboard?
    I think this isn’t there is going to be a lot more to come as far as mobile devices.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast