Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Courtesy of David Beers.

http://www.pikesoft.com/blog/index.php?itemid=183

* It's a wireless Linux tablet
    * It's a little bigger than a Nokia N800, a little smaller than the HTC Athena
    * It has a Garnet virtual machine to run Palm OS applications (in addition, I assume, to support for some kind of native Linux apps)
    * It runs on both WiFi and cellular networks: CDMA initially, GSM very soon after
    * It has remote audio/video/file access and streaming capability
    * It'll set you back 999 Euro with the 20% VAT included. What's that, about $1100 in the US? Wow. Definitely not for the mass market. But I'm guessing that's without the carrier subsidy.
    * It'll be available this July or August
    UPDATE: According to David, another more reliable source says that most of this "leaked" info not accurate.
    Last edited by ballistic; 05/29/2007 at 09:38 PM. Reason: New info.
    Not exactly pocketable or affordable... If the dimensions stated above are accurate, I might wait for round 2.

Remember, the first Treo was the 300 (or the Visorphone), NOT the 600.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Without clicking on the link provided, who is David Beers?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    i'm not so sure that this would really be a "future treo."
    This was not leaked info, this was a supposition, jsut like every other site has been doing.

Sheesh, folks are really clammoring for something new...
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Nobody important. People seem infatuated with his ramblings though...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    .. because he has for most always been dead on right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    This could be true, you're very familiar with such matters....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    just another heavy drinker... bud light, last i heard.....
    My assumption is, again its just me, its going to be something big and good. I dont think Jeff would be excited about something similar to the device already in the market (i.e. Nokia N800, HTC athena, UMPC or PC tablet). Its not just jeff hawkin I think of.
    As per common sense, no company would be hiding things to this extreme (no leaks yet) to announce something that is just another product with same features available in market. Its something different and unique even with all hints jeff gave out to tease his fans.
    But, if it is similar to some product already in market then Palm is doomed. If I was Jeff, I would not put my reputation on the line for something that is ordinary, among the most prestigious technical audience (all things digital have guests list that includes; Steve Balmer, Steve Jobs, and Bill Gates). Imagine he take out a product look like N800 with some tweaks to PalmOS and mention that it makes call too and audience go like WTF :-O?
    Again I think Palm Inc. made some stupid decision in past, but I dont think it is still immature. I think they know what they are doing and they are taking same road that Apple took for Iphone. And they think they have a product that can create a buzz like Iphone or less. Lets see what happens tomorrow .
    Last edited by Ehsan; 05/29/2007 at 07:22 PM.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Remember, the first Treo was the 300 (or the Visorphone), NOT the 600.
    I think you forgot the 180 and 270 (unless you limit it to CDMA).
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Antoine wrote:
    This was not leaked info, this was a supposition, jsut like every other site has been doing.
    Actually, it was a little more than just a supposition. This was from a developer on PEF who claims he has the information first-hand. Still a rumor, but since a number of developers have had access to this device while it was in internal beta and since he surely realizes he could be proven to be a liar tomorrow, my guess is he knows what he's talking about.

Cheers,
    David Beers
    www.pikesoft.com/blog
    Quote Originally Posted by cervezas View Post
    Actually, it was a little more than just a supposition. This was from a developer on PEF who claims he has the information first-hand. Still a rumor, but since a number of developers have had access to this device while it was in internal beta and since he surely realizes he could be proven to be a liar tomorrow, my guess is he knows what he's talking about.
    You know what?

Looks like the guy who said I'm "nobody important" may have had it right. Another source that I consider a lot more reliable just nudged me saying that almost all of the information the developer I quoted is wrong. So, kindly ignore the blog post quoted by Brian, accept my apology or flame me as I deserve for repeating a rumor I didn't have facts to substantiate, and have fun out there tomorrow!

As for me, I'll get back to reporting facts as I see them and leave the rumors to the rest.

David Beers
    www.pikesoft.com/blog
    So, Cervesas, have you actually met this David Beers guy and more importantly can you vouch for his sanity?
    I wonder if Sprint is going to do something really revolutionary? Maybe they are going to start allowing you to use another device in addition to your phone for accessing data or making calls using the same phone number/account. Kind of like the land lines. You can use one line to talk on and also hang a fax machine, computer, etc. off of it. Of course, you can basically only use one device at a time on your land line. This may not be the case with Wi-Max or EVDO rev.A.
    Last edited by scsanden; 05/29/2007 at 10:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    So, Cervesas, have you actually met this David Beers guy and more importantly can you vouch for his sanity?
    Yes. And no.
    Quote Originally Posted by cervezas View Post
    Yes. And no.
    Good one, David.
  18.    #18  
    http://www.1src.com/forums/showpost....60&postcount=9

If it's real, it would make my long wished for "modular concept" come true.

http://www.tapland.com/forums/viewto...odular+concept

(scroll down to bottom post)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ballistic; 05/29/2007 at 10:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ballistic View Post
    http://www.1src.com/forums/showpost....60&postcount=9

If it's real, it would make my long wished for "modular concept" come true.

http://www.tapland.com/forums/viewto...odular+concept

(scroll down to bottom post)

Good find, was that G Mail on one of the links in your post?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post
    Good find, was that G Mail on one of the links in your post?
    IF it's authentic, it looks like the OP had a Palm Social Media RSS feed forwarded to his GMail account, and the Foleo Press Release feed went live temporarily & prematurely...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast