Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,
    I was lucky enough to pickup a Touchpad Go off ebay and it was factory reset so now I'm trying to build a meta doctor to bypass activation.

I found a copy of the webosdoctoropal3gatt-3.0.4.jar not knowing if my touchpad was ATT or WR. I built the meta doctor but saw the following error in my terminal,

Code:
    Sep 5, 2015 11:37:39 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: token returned by get_token() is : ROW

Sep 5, 2015 11:37:39 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: WARNING - the device carrier token is :: row, should have been EMPTY

Sep 5, 2015 11:37:39 AM com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream logWarning
    WARNING: Throwing Exception Cmd: file:///sbin/tellbootie
    java.io.IOException: No return code found in stream from file:///sbin/tellbootie
    INFO: Reboot call complete

Sep 5, 2015 11:37:39 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing"
    	at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:296)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)
    So I'm trying to find out what my best course of action is from this point. Do I build a meta doctor and use the ignore carrier flag? If I do, what do I put in the CARRIER field?

Looking for someone to point the way!

Thanks, Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I would think you want to disable modem flash if it's not the right one, but I don't know how. I never messed with the metadoctor until the scripts were developed to run the appropriate build for you.

If the uImage for the Go is in the modified devicetool.jar (and I think it is) that has been floating around, that should be all you need - though having a doctor available is also important.
    Use Nova Device Installer instead. You can select what to flash there and simply bypass the modem, activation etc :-) There are Doctors for Ericsson and Sierra card. PM me if you need something,

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    hfGermany likes this.