Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gitzo1028
  1.    #1  
    I just recharged my touchpad after leaving it dead for about a week, and when I unlocked it, it claimed I was no longer signed into a Palm Profile and would need to be restored to sign in again, and promptly shut itself off. Is this situation salvageable in any way? I've been putting off backing it up out of laziness, so that's clearly going to be an issue
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    what about trying to use the devicetool.jar while locked ?
    There's a question mark in your title, so I'd suggest you check if the device has actually wiped itself and if not, find a way to back up what's there.
  4.    #4  
    No, it has, it took me to the setup screen, like when I just got it, or ran it through a doctor
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Mmm. What did you do to the Go before wipe itself ?installing app?? Flashing something in it ??
    My Pre3 did this a couple of years ago. I never did figure out why that happened. :/

-God Ginrai

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    There was a "memory full" or "database full" error that popped up on my Go after I'd had it for a few months. It prompted me to restart the device. When I did, I had to log in to my profile again, re-download everything, the works, back when the profile servers were still up.

I don't remember the exact wording of the error, but it was one discussed here that other people had seen. Did you get any notice of something like that before the phone/Go restarted?
    All of my TouchPads did that once during their lifetime before the servers were deactivated :-S
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    There was a "memory full" or "database full" error that popped up on my Go after I'd had it for a few months. It prompted me to restart the device. When I did, I had to log in to my profile again, re-download everything, the works, back when the profile servers were still up.

I don't remember the exact wording of the error, but it was one discussed here that other people had seen. Did you get any notice of something like that before the phone/Go restarted?
    Yes, I seem to remember some sort of error like that when my phone wiped itself.

-God Ginrai

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Had the same issue 3 days ago with the TP rebooting and going into First Use mode.

Thought it was done but reloaded the WebOS and used the devicetool2.jar and it works again!

Took an hour from beginning to end but pretty straightforward to get it going.

Here are the full directions:

Activation Bypass for TouchPad

Best news is all files were still there.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Yeah, that "Database full" thing was a ridiculous thing. And it didn't even have to do with the database partition, I don't think. When one of the /var partitions gets full, the system just forces you to do a wipe and reload it all. I mean, I guess they thought that's one way to clear out crap, but it's about the most heavy handed way of possibly doing it. I know I had two of mine just randomly reset themselves, without my noticing the DB Full thing ..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: