Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

long story short, got a new and sealed touchstone, but nothing happens when I put the Go on it.
    I've no other webos tablet to check if the touchstone is faulty... would a pre3 trigger the charging somehow, to do a test ? (tried but nothing happened).

Am I closing the back wrongly maybe ? (touch to share never worked , aside showing signs of detection 2 times)
    Should the plastic be removed, for it to trigger ?

I have pics showing touchstone charging as working, prior to shipping.

Any help is appreciated
    Last edited by mazzinia; 07/17/2015 at 07:45 AM.
    It always takes me a couple tries to get the back on right. It looks like it's on right, but there is one spot that is hard to snap all the way, and it's not obvious. Give each corner a press a few inches in and when it snaps in you'll hear it, and it will charge on the touchstone. If you take the back off, you can see which corner it is.
  3.    #3  
    Yes, realized that myself before your post.

That clip was not engaged. Also it doesn't like to be placed "centered" ... had to find a precise spot moving it leftward mm by mm until it started displaying a charging notice.
    Maybe is this back, but works just in a very precise point and moving half a mm on the right = no charging, while half a mm on the left = keeps cycling the charge/no charge message nonstop

Is this as a Go is supposed to behave, or is just a byproduct of the evt back ?

Had always issues with TTS, too... guess were caused by the not correctly engaged pin. Not that it changed now, but at least I get a sort of consistent message of "turn on bt if you want to share" if putting phone back to touch the Go back around the pogopin connector.
  4.    #4  
    on a side note... Touchstone charging barrels tend to get damn hot always ?
  5.    #5  
    err, mildly scared... govnah states 52 degrees while charging on the touchstone
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    err, mildly scared... govnah states 52 degrees while charging on the touchstone
    The phone backs get quite hot. I didn't really notice it on the TP, but then again I just leave it on untill it's fully charged and then take it off sometime so it might have cooled down already?
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  7.    #7  
    yes, but the phone never goes over 42/44 unless something goes wrong.
    This is the first time I see / use a tablet touchstone, so I've no idea what the normal behavior should be. By example, the barrel is enough hot to not be that pleasant to touch.

When I charge using the cable, the barrel (not the same one, this is the touchstone one) is just mildly warm.

On the touchstone, it's doing + 885mah
    Yes, realized that myself before your post.

That clip was not engaged. Also it doesn't like to be placed "centered" ... had to find a precise spot moving it leftward mm by mm until it started displaying a charging notice.
    Maybe is this back, but works just in a very precise point and moving half a mm on the right = no charging, while half a mm on the left = keeps cycling the charge/no charge message nonstop

Is this as a Go is supposed to behave, or is just a byproduct of the evt back ?

Had always issues with TTS, too... guess were caused by the not correctly engaged pin. Not that it changed now, but at least I get a sort of consistent message of "turn on bt if you want to share" if putting phone back to touch the Go back around the pogopin connector.
    Yes.. the 'Go' charging connector-pin clip - located close to the connectors - must be engaged before sufficient electrical contact is made!

As I am sure you also already know, because of the positioning/alignment of the coils, the 'Go' will only charge on a standard Touchstone in Landscape orientation, with the 'Home' button at bottom dead center.

Electrical Induction produces some heat by definition..so just take extra care on extra hot summer days too. My Pre3 for example, has come up with high temperature warnings in these circumstances.

~ I have a sneaking suspicion that in the 10" TP, with it's shiny, very brittle and hard case, that this heat is the cause of many of the cracks that then appear in this plastic! It can not 'stretch' as it expands.
    I had a TP with no cracks whatsoever for a year prior to getting a Touchstone for it.. and the usual cracks then duly appeared within days/weeks!

Just another of those little HP 'glitches'!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 07/17/2015 at 11:22 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  9.    #9  
    mmm, but mutoidi.... if I put it precisely in the center, it doesn't trigger any charging at all. I need to keep it shifted to the left by relatively a bit ( 1cm or dunno, more. )

What's interesting is that now it stays at 46 and has not produced anymore a random starting to charge sound (before started to do it after a while)... maybe the position was less perfect and it started a charge / discharge / recharge loop ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    mmm, but mutoidi.... if I put it precisely in the center, it doesn't trigger any charging at all. I need to keep it shifted to the left by relatively a bit ( 1cm or dunno, more. )

What's interesting is that now it stays at 46 and has not produced anymore a random starting to charge sound (before started to do it after a while)... maybe the position was less perfect and it started a charge / discharge / recharge loop ?
    Hhmmm.. I would consider it more likely that the 1cm 'offset' is perhaps due to the EVT nature of the Go, rather than a faulty Touchstone?

Obviously, clean the Go charging connectors with pure alcohol to ensure a good connection between body & case too.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  11.    #11  
    well, yes, guess it would make sense (assumed that all evt backs were identical)

Later I'll check what happens in portrait... who knows, maybe the offset allows both directions
    That's odd. Mine wants to be perfectly centered too. And yes it does get warm. I also find that the battery runs down fairly fast, with no difference between airplane mode and all-on.
  13.    #13  
    mmmm, didn't check usage times with airplane or bt always on. I keep wifi on permanently (and no simcard) and if used just for email checking it does 3 days or slightly more before reaching 20%.
    If used really, dunno... 6 to 10 hours I guess
    well, yes, guess it would make sense (assumed that all evt backs were identical)

Later I'll check what happens in portrait... who knows, maybe the offset allows both directions
    Aha.. yes - really, with EVT's *nothing* can ever be 'assumed'!

Good point.. interested to know the results.

15.    #15  
    No, nothing . Tried all possible combos
    Few tips!

Be VERY CAREFUL with the snap up by the camera that holds the Touchstone pins against the contacts on the back cover. Mine snapped off. So, try to avoid opening the back as much as possible.

I've noticed that the device can get really warm if the device is centered enough to charge, but has a weak connection. Happens with Qi as well.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  17.    #17  
    what do you mean with weak connection ?

I've found out that in my case, if it's in the perfect position it gets less hot than if it's slightly off the best one (but still good enough to start the charging)

here is damn hot , these days, but it's something like 43 in the optimal point, and 47 or 48 in the less optimal.
    If by chance is in the really not optimal one (charge/discharge triggers randomly), can go past 50

And yep, guess I'll avoid opening up too much... only thing I would like is finding a way to get the gps to work without having a simcard inserted, or alternatively finding an expired one that manages to allow to turn on the gps part.

Dunno if it's the same for all Gos, or if depends on the modem fw or whatever, but the only time the gps actually turned on was with an active sim (data anyway was off, that one is a purely for calling sim, no data plan), and that's a pity, because it's very quick to get a fix

Ps
    Another thing I noticed, is that the charging with the touchstone starts at 1000mah or 880mah , and tends to stop when the battery is around 95%, unlike using the charger
    "weak connection" being if the device is slightly off.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  19.    #19  
    personally I noticed that if slightly off, it gets more hot (but the current transfer shown is the same).. and if a bit more slightly off then yes... it can start to charge / stop / charge / stop , either immediately, or after a random while.

Does a Touchpad get as hot as a Go ? (reached 51 today... ok that it's an hot day, but was also drawing +1100 ... )
    personally I noticed that if slightly off, it gets more hot (but the current transfer shown is the same).. and if a bit more slightly off then yes... it can start to charge / stop / charge / stop , either immediately, or after a random while.

Does a Touchpad get as hot as a Go ? (reached 51 today... ok that it's an hot day, but was also drawing +1100 ... )
    I had tested Go with my touchstone before I sent it to you.... What's problem?
    Last edited by lemanho; 08/16/2015 at 09:43 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast