Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    I had tested Go with my touchstone before I sent to it to you.... What's problem?
    Absolutely no problem :P
    Just noticed that if not in the optimum, sort of, position for charging, it gets a bit hotter. And if it's too close to the "no more charging area", it can loop the charge/discharge cycle.

As I said, no problem :P Now I got more or less a feeling of where to have it standing, to be in the optimum area :P
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Absolutely no problem :P
    Just noticed that if not in the optimum, sort of, position for charging, it gets a bit hotter. And if it's too close to the "no more charging area", it can loop the charge/discharge cycle.

As I said, no problem :P Now I got more or less a feeling of where to have it standing, to be in the optimum area :P
    Great. Orginal OS in device was webos 3.0.0. I upgraded it to webos 3.0.5 and replaced a working back cover. But I like webos 3.0.4 in Go by myself.
  3.    #23  
    what's the difference btw 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 ?
    There are some builds for HP Touchpad Go (opal) in 2011. Like cust-opal-509417/507918/518499/511315....(webos 3.0.3/3.0.4 for 3G+Wifi or Wifi+GPS).One build was design for China market. And building up some chinese Apps and Baidu Input. Also I like one App calls HP Reader. It can show two pages on the screen one time. Feel better than kindle....

Go's webos 3.0.5 was from Mr John that you are using.
  5.    #25  
    so it's mainly some apps, and localization.
    Could you maybe extract those apps from the 3.0.4 ? (like HP Reader) I'm assuming texts could be translated to english

( but.. the kindle app here shows 2 pages on the screen, if kept in the right orientation.. at least the 12.40 version of the app )
    HP Reader is chinese version only. But someone catch some Go's apps to made TP doctor(Rom). Showing some screencapture from my TP (elite rom 3.0.5).
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #27  
    mmm HP reader looks very similar to the kindle app.
    I assumed it was in chinese only, but my idea is that if the ipk is extracted from the doctor, it can then be localized with calm in at least english

An extra app able to read ebooks is always welcome
    No problem. extra the doctor and get ipk. try to make it english version....

Here:zoopda-elite-TP-v11_3.0.5.jar_??????|??? ??-?????
  9.    #29  
    the link shows no file

Edit,

started to show/load and work, after quite a bit of reloading.. and breaks while downloading :P Think it'll require a lot of retries
    Last edited by mazzinia; 08/17/2015 at 07:34 AM.
  10.    #30  
    ehm, any alternative service to download from ? baidu is really a problem , around here
    top or low of right side. Showing 247.3M at free downloard. Not center big one....
  12.    #32  
    yes I know, the white button. But it keeps breaking and saying is complete at 36k , 10mb , 20mb and so on. The max I managed was close to 20% then it stalled and broke.

Baidu is not friendly to dowloads from this side of the world
  13.    #33  
    Status report. Downloaded, after a loooot of tries :P
  14.    #34  
    But I'm not managing to find those ipks inside ( hp reader , qq , youku , etc )
    Extra: resources...webos...nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar. Can find all ipks of Touchpad (But need to lot of time to find it. I am not sure the file to hide HP.Reader......
  16.    #36  
    that's where I was looking actually
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Great. Orginal OS in device was webos 3.0.0. I upgraded it to webos 3.0.5 and replaced a working back cover. But I like webos 3.0.4 in Go by myself.
    -- Does a 3.0.0 doctor for the GO exist. If so, it would certainly help to repair GO's with corruption / partition issues. There's a thread over on XDA explaining how to recover a TouchPad (tenderloin) from scratch using the 3.0.0 doctor for partitioning.

Thanks,
    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    -- Does a 3.0.0 doctor for the GO exist. If so, it would certainly help to repair GO's with corruption / partition issues. There's a thread over on XDA explaining how to recover a TouchPad (tenderloin) from scratch using the 3.0.0 doctor for partitioning.

Thanks,
    TTB
    isn't this doable using tpdebrick , go version ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    isn't this doable using tpdebrick , go version ?
    I don't think so, but maybe I don't have the proper TP debrick "GO" version ?????????

-- BTW anyone have a couple of extra Cypress touch panel boards for the GO lying around?
    Pretty sure I cooked two different boards while attempting to force CM 10 for the touchpad 4G onto an OPAL.

Found out afterwards that the A6 on a 4G uses the same I/O ports as the cypress touch panel board uses on the GO. Attempted to flash the A6 on a GO using the 4G A6 flasher. That failed, but I think the process borked the cypress boards (yep I'm an *****, tried it twice).Don't try this at home kids!

I heard John Steffes might be able to resurrect them for me, however I'd buy a few If they are available anywhere.

One more note, I just ordered 5 LCD's 5 digitizers and 5 battery's for the GO from Taobao. Although supply of these parts is plentiful and they are cheap right now, who knows how long the limited supply will last .....

TTB

Edit: Thanks go to Mazzinia for the Go debrick files. The version I had for the GO was v01 that jcsullins and I threw together while working on a go long before he had perfected TPdebrick 04.

Also , checked Taobao my lcd and digitizer order was placed on back order as they are out of stock. Might as well cancel that one eh? Where could they order a fresh batch of Opal parts from, hehehehehehe, only the shadow knows .......

There are other vendors, I guess I will try one of them before whatever remains of Opal parts are gone for good.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 08/23/2015 at 10:00 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Hey Barry, I've got a stack of Go's here that don't have batteries, but do have screws in the holes that mount the batteries. And I've got a stack of batteries to go in those Go's. (I'm not positive that these Go's work, or that the batteries work, that may be how they became separated) Any idea what screwdriver specifically is needed to turn those screws? I can't get the battery in the socket while the screws are there, and I can't get the screws out with any of the screwdrivers I have.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast