Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    I know that, from the end user's perspective, the TP and TP Go are quite similar (display resolution, etc)

    What I'm curious about is how different they are at an architectural level. For example, would using a TP Doctor on a TP Go fail entirely, if the built-in checks for device name could be ignored? Would porting the tenderloin LuneOS build to a TP Go require significant code change? etc.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by viewtiful_jon View Post
    I know that, from the end user's perspective, the TP and TP Go are quite similar (display resolution, etc)

    What I'm curious about is how different they are at an architectural level. For example, would using a TP Doctor on a TP Go fail entirely, if the built-in checks for device name could be ignored? Would porting the tenderloin LuneOS build to a TP Go require significant code change? etc.
    It shouldn't be too hard for someone with the right knowledge and time at hands. They are quite similar in many ways.

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    That's good to hear, the impression I'm getting is that a TP Go port doesn't exist because of lack of developers/interest, and not because of some critical closed-source component or something like that.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by viewtiful_jon View Post
    That's good to hear, the impression I'm getting is that a TP Go port doesn't exist because of lack of developers/interest, and not because of some critical closed-source component or something like that.
    Yeah it's the lack of developers with the right knowledge that would be interested. It should be doable. Maybe not all components have drivers but most should be fine. There's also no CyanogenMod for it, but I understood someone did some attempts and had some things half working.

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Yeah it's the lack of developers with the right knowledge that would be interested. It should be doable. Maybe not all components have drivers but most should be fine. There's also no CyanogenMod for it, but I understood someone did some attempts and had some things half working.

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    That's good to hear. I'd be interested in taking a look at such a port in the future, although I will admit most of my mobile computing experience has been more on the application development side thus far.

    Just to clarify, all devices on which Lune OS currently runs require a specific version of CyanogenMod running beforehand, and that's to manage the booting process? Or is it to leverage the existing Android drivers?

    On an unrelated note, I'm having difficulty accessing the TP Go 3.0.5 Doctor file on your blog, it seems a number of the mirror sites have had the file removed.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by viewtiful_jon View Post
    That's good to hear. I'd be interested in taking a look at such a port in the future, although I will admit most of my mobile computing experience has been more on the application development side thus far.

    Just to clarify, all devices on which Lune OS currently runs require a specific version of CyanogenMod running beforehand, and that's to manage the booting process? Or is it to leverage the existing Android drivers?

    On an unrelated note, I'm having difficulty accessing the TP Go 3.0.5 Doctor file on your blog, it seems a number of the mirror sites have had the file removed.
    There's no real specific vers/ion requirement, but CM11 would be a good start I think. I don't know if CM12(.1) would work, it depends if libhybris would work I guess.

    Touchpad port uses CM11, the Grouper (N7 2012 Wifi) and Mako (Nexus 4) currently use CM10.1 still, but there's no reason why it couldn't work with CM11, just a lack of time to upgrade on the devs side. Focus has been on other things (more features and bug killing) before upgrading, but it's in the pipeline for some time in the future.

    CM is the easiest way. In case there's no CM, but there are kernel sources + drivers it should be possible too, just a bit more work.

    On the 3.0.5 Go mirrors: Yeah these often get deleted, usually 1 or 2 remain working. Please try them all. If none work, let me know by PM and I'll see what I can do when I'm back from my trip abroad next Sunday.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2

Similar Threads

  1. differences between pre 2 and pre plus
    By gyroslice in forum Palm Pre 2
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04/14/2011, 12:52 AM
  2. Technical Differences?
    By casiouser in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02/11/2011, 04:56 PM
  3. Differences after MR?
    By cl191 in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06/05/2007, 07:08 PM
  4. quickie... differences with 600..
    By rh71 in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01/24/2006, 10:24 AM
  5. Differences between 1.12-INT and 1.12-ROW
    By Jeffj in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04/13/2005, 05:49 PM

Posting Permissions