Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By krotech
  1.    #1  
    I have my Touchpad Go reset and back online now, but I haven't decided what use I have for it now. I don't really like to carry a tablet when I'm out - Just don't feel the need to use a tablet when my Smartphone covers me on the go. So that leaves it in the home just for web surfing.

So i want to get some feedback - how is everyone using their go? Is it a stay-at-home device or does it travel with you? What are some of the key things you are doing on it? Is there any cool and creative suggestions for how I should use it?
    Quote Originally Posted by inspire_tek View Post
    I have my Touchpad Go reset and back online now, but I haven't decided what use I have for it now. I don't really like to carry a tablet when I'm out - Just don't feel the need to use a tablet when my Smartphone covers me on the go. So that leaves it in the home just for web surfing.

So i want to get some feedback - how is everyone using their go? Is it a stay-at-home device or does it travel with you? What are some of the key things you are doing on it? Is there any cool and creative suggestions for how I should use it?
    Forums (Communities), Twitter (Macaw), Browser, Media Player (Kalemsoft Media Player), IRC (wIRC) are my main uses currently
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Rnp likes this.
    I tend to use mine for the same uses I have my Samsung tablet for:

Maps and Navigation (there are several good apps, but 72ka's Google Maps port is great)
    Browsing (the browser is old but loads most of my sites well enough)
    Mail (MS Exchange for work, and Yahoo (with new certificates) and GMail still work)
    Reading (the Kindle app still works fine)
    Work (The Periodic Table app is fantastic, and Old School Calculator is great too)
    The occasional editing job (SmartOffice and QuickOffice)
    File access for work (WebDAV Client for Box access, and there are apps for Dropbox and OneDrive too)
    Entertainment (Kalemsoft Media Player, Music (Remix), Pandora, Spotify (takes a few minutes to get it to work, but it does))
    Shopping (Groupon still works, Where to Go? and Where to Eat? and Google Maps for shops and food)
    Flight tracking (FlightView, but it runs in Classic (how do you fix this? Someone was doing that a while ago but didn't get to FlightView before stopping))

There are a lot of apps I've downloaded and never really used, so I still have some exploring to do.

The Go fits in the cargo pockets on my pants, so I can carry it when I don't want to lug around the bigger TP 4G or the Samsung Note Pro I bought for work. Still a great device for me.
    Last edited by krotech; 04/21/2015 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Typos
    Rnp likes this.