Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  1.    #1  
    I realize this is a very minor issue as the device still works great but I noticed tonight that a crack has formed at the speaker control button on my TouchPad Go and is deep enough that a piece of the case has become loose around it.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if anyone has suggestions on how to patch the crack or if it is even worth the effort. I know from the regular TouchPad I've heard people suggest using superglue but I'm hesitant to try that around the volume control buttons.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    I have that at the power button on my regular TP, and also a front-and-back speaker crack at the "bottom" speaker... and a USB port crack... it's pretty rough looking at this point ...i think the reason being that the case has some pre-existing tension to it, either by itself or when the device is assembled, when the case grips its internals. So as soon as it cracks, the crack will open up and be plainly visible

Superglue can be a reasonable choice on a run-of-the-mill WiFi Touchpad, if the user tapes up the case to avoid "fogging" as the glue cures, but if i were to repair a Touchpad GO, i'd take it out of the case, sand the cracked area from the inside, and patch it with clear epoxy and a strip of fabric. Woven fiberglass is the best, but rarely does anyone have that on hand. Then, after it's cured, i'd reassemble the GO.

This method would give a much less noticeable repair, with no fogging, no melted edges, and not having to re-glue twice if the crack opens up a day later. If your GO has the usual rubberized coating, repairing from the inside is the only way to an aesthetically-pleasing outcome, since you won't get glue all over the matte finish
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Can fix it from inside of device. If you can tear-down Go....................
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My go has cracks around the bezel area nearly everywhere. There isn't more than maybe 2 inches where there isn't some crack or imperfection on the bezel. I just leave it in a case and forget about it. Don't see the point in messing with cracks on touchpads as they all crack anyway.
    Yup small cracks all over mine too.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    I have a prototype unit that I have never really used - it was used for a short period of time when I got it, but never outside of the home as it was a prototype, but I just pulled it out of my storage and noticed it had developed some cracks along the sides of the device.

Very strange since I swear these were not there the last time I put the device away.
    I have a prototype unit that I have never really used - it was used for a short period of time when I got it, but never outside of the home as it was a prototype, but I just pulled it out of my storage and noticed it had developed some cracks along the sides of the device.

Very strange since I swear these were not there the last time I put the device away.
    I've seen some cracks on pretty much all of the dozen or so Go's I've seen.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2