Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi
  • 1 Post By Sumy
  1.    #1  
    I have a TouchPad GO with webos 3.0.5 and so far I was not able to access the HP app catalog.
    Now before HP closes the app catalog I'd like to check out a few apps that might work on TP GO.

Is there some documentation "How to impostah TouchPad GO to access the HP appcatalog"?
    My GO is using the same webos profile/account as some other TouchPads and my Pre3.
    I'm located in Germany - if that matters.

Thanks, Martin
    Is it necessary to get the Go to communicate? Do you have the nodeleteipk patch on any other device? Just collect your ipks, move them to a pc and side load with Wosqi to the Go. That patch is the bomb!
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    I have a TouchPad GO with webos 3.0.5 and so far I was not able to access the HP app catalog.
    Now before HP closes the app catalog I'd like to check out a few apps that might work on TP GO.

Is there some documentation "How to impostah TouchPad GO to access the HP appcatalog"?
    My GO is using the same webos profile/account as some other TouchPads and my Pre3.
    I'm located in Germany - if that matters.

Thanks, Martin

Yes.. this got me through the process just fine ~ (after a couple of tries!).
    Please see attached 'Word_doc'
    Best to have a strong Wifi connection - and patience, as the servers are probably quite busy just now.
    If at first you don't succeed.. keep trying - (or use 'nodeleteipk' patch as also suggested).
    Good luck & enjoy!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/18/2014 at 08:45 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Is it necessary to get the Go to communicate? Do you have the nodeleteipk patch on any other device? Just collect your ipks, move them to a pc and side load with Wosqi to the Go. That patch is the bomb!
    ok - might be a good option.
    I assumed there might be a more direct path to access the app catalog as long as available.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Please see attached 'Word_doc'
    Good luck & enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc reads:
    On my Go – I went with:

1). ‘HP Touchpad Wifi’ then ‘set device impersonation’ – then ‘Australia – Telstra’ and Product Sku of ‘FB427UA#UUF’ and ‘set override’.

2). “ “ “ “ “ “ ‘USA – English “ “ “ “

Difference seems to be the App Catalog? One is for the USA, the other Australia?
    So the "Product Sku" seems to be the important key to change.
    Would I need to save and remember the original value on my GO - so that I need to change it back after installing the apps? Would that make any difference anywhere else but the App catalog ?
    ok - might be a good option.
    I assumed there might be a more direct path to access the app catalog as long as available.
    Well.. there is!
    If you use the Impostah method outlined above, you at least register your ('GO') device to your account and can then continue to download your Apps directly into it if you choose! ~ For a short while anyway!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Remy X likes this.
    So the "Product Sku" seems to be the important key to change.
    Would I need to save and remember the original value on my GO - so that I need to change it back after installing the apps? Would that make any difference anywhere else but the App catalog ?
    Yes.. the GO is then 'posing' such as a 10" Wifi TP for example.
    In this instance I would not change anything back - as the servers are closing anyway!
    I suspect that it makes no difference anywhere else.

In my case. TP Go devices can not use HP app catalog now no matter actived HP account or Not. Also three actived HP account Go devices can not use back-up (It can use half years ago...). HP stop clouds serivce for Touchpad Go ????
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    In my case. TP Go devices can not use HP app catalog now no matter actived HP account or Not. Also three actived HP account Go devices can not use back-up (It can use half years ago...). HP stop clouds serivce for Touchpad Go ????
    Still getting App Cat. & Backup Service (on Go) OK @ HP Australia anyway.
    It is highly unlikely that HP could specifically stop 'Go' service only, because HP servers do not even 'know' that it would be an Impostah'd 'Opal' - instead of a straight 'Topaz' talking to them anyway!
    If your own Palm Profile is still active, maybe it is an HP-China specific server 'issue' instead?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/26/2014 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Probably your Go devices were on ps.qa.palm.com
    It seems that ps.qa.palm.com is down. One of my GO devices was on ps.qa.palm.com and it can not access HP App Catalog any more. HP removed servers or changed the IP addreses.
    Does anybody have direct IP address of ps.qa.palm.com?
    lemanho likes this.