Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #1  
    OK. Have enough time to work back HP touchpad Go device...

There are andriod 2.2.1/2.2.3/2.3.1/2.3.3/2.3.4 and 16G/32G/64G and Wifi+3G+SD/Wifi+GPS/ devices come from HP.Also have webos3.0.0/3.02/3.0.3/3.0.4/3.0.5/3.0.6 and 16G/32G/64G and Wifi+3/4G . Maybe have the other speical Go devices in the world (Who knows...)

showing some Go inside pitures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lemanho; 09/15/2014 at 01:13 AM.
  2.    #2  
    More pictures
    Last edited by lemanho; 09/15/2014 at 02:42 AM.
    boovish, Sumy and MartinH@webos like this.
    Wow, where did you get these from? 0.o
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $parts$ $for$ $3000$(?) $TP$ $Go$'$s$ $left$ $in$ $Chinese$ $stores$.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Wow, where did you get these from? 0.o
    Underground....

Most of Go products were destroyed in 2011. It should be the best 7" Pad design in 2011. Also working with Sierra MC7700 3/4G module in 2011. So sad.
    Rnp likes this.
    Do you have pictures of the differences between both sides of the 3G+No SD and 3G+SD boards?

Thanks!
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Rnp likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Do you have pictures of the differences between both sides of the 3G+No SD and 3G+SD boards?

Thanks!
    I've talked about Micro SD of Go with Mutoidi last year. It just has symbol and small window on black plastic. nothing happens (Can see nothing on mainboard through small window). Also Mutoidi wants to build a new micro SD set on the board. But ....

I saw the fake Micro SD of Go devices. Always has a cable extend to right side of BLK plastic (under battery).

I can not find the 3G+SD boards now. I think Mr Mutoidi had that mainboard picture..
    Last edited by lemanho; 09/17/2014 at 05:44 AM.
    Sumy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    I've talked about Micro SD of Go with Mutoidi last year. It just has symbol and small window on black plastic. nothing happens (Can see nothing on mainboard through small window). Also Mutoidi wants to build a new micro SD set on the board. But ....

I saw the fake Micro SD of Go devices. Always has a cable extend to right side of BLK plastic (under battery).

I can not find the 3G+SD boards now. I think Mr Mutoidi had that mainboard picture..
    Yes.. we had a big talk!
    Certainly mine is 'fake'.. but I did obtain a suitable socket ~ John Steffes still has my GO to try to repair it.

Maybe these pictures are the ones you mean Leman? Glad to see you back!

• File Type: jpg 1.JPG (540.1 KB, 30 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (622.4 KB, 25 views)

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  9.    #9  
    Hi Mutoidi. Long time no seen...........

One Go 32G wifi+3G lost small touch function on the top of corner. So connect to WQI and run command

stop hidd
    PmTpUpdater -f
    Start hidd

after run:
    Flashing cy8ctma395_hssp_bridge.fw
    Flashing/lib/firmware/cy8ctma375.hex

It is working well.
    Hi Mutoidi. Long time no seen...........

One Go 32G wifi+3G lost small touch function on the top of corner. So connect to WQI and run command

stop hidd
    PmTpUpdater -f
    Start hidd

after run:
    Flashing cy8ctma395_hssp_bridge.fw
    Flashing/lib/firmware/cy8ctma375.hex

It is working well.
    Haha.. Leman.. the 'Go-Master' himself speaks! Good to 'see' you.

Thank you.. perhaps I ask John Steffes to contact with you anyway.. good to try reloading original 'Android' to check for any improvements?
    Still the 1cm-off Touch Panel problem.. and random 'ghost' touch-ripples occuring too, apparently.

I miss my EVT3 GO!
    Two minds often better than one!

~~~

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  11.    #11  
    Upgrade a Touchpad 32G+Wifi andriod 2.2.1 to andriod 4.4.4. First need to thanks for superman jcsullins ......

1. Follow up TpDebrick 004 steps to flash device until to All Done (Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit).

2. Charging device for 2-3hours. It just show beatiful flower on the screen (enter recovery mode already).

3. In Ubuntu run Nova Device Installer-92 (NDI). Modemupdate/Firmware update/Touchpanel Updated/ A6

Update all select Force. select Skip First Use (OTA and app updates won't work). Get HP.tar and Webos.tar

from Wifi 3.0.0 doctor version. And flash the device.

4. Due to No Token in andriod version TP. So it can not use Wifi/Bluetooth. No Hardware Info...

5. Try to use Meta Doctor to write WFMAC/BTMAC into Topaz.XML .( Different device is different address. it

should attach on the mainboard). Copy a working Token in it. Flash device again with Step 3.

6. But I run the faster way to flash it. Just use JC TPToolbox directly and install CyanogenMod Android 4.4.4 version

7. Wifi/Bluetooth/Sound/Camera are working well.

(If lost touch after step 3. should replace the latest touch board v1.20. Some prototype devices are v0.20/0.40/v0.41...)
    Last edited by lemanho; 09/24/2014 at 08:47 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Write WTMAC/BTMAC:

Open topaz.xml with Meta Dooctor. and will find : <Section name="tokens" type="token" size="10KB">
    <Val name="installer" value="trenchcoat" />
    </Section>

And change it:- <Section name="tokens" type="token" size="10KB">
    <Val name="installer" value="trenchcoat" />
    <Val name="BToADDR" action="overwrite" value="00:1D:FE:79:B7:80" />
    <Val name="WIFIoADDR" action="overwrite" value="00:1D:FEC:EF:48" />
    </Section>

Copy it to makfile. And re-make: make CUSTOM_XML=topaz.xml all

Re-flash the device again with NDI....
    Upgrade a Touchpad 32G+Wifi andriod 2.2.1 to andriod 4.4.4. First need to thanks for superman jcsullins ......

1. Follow up TpDebrick 004 steps to flash device until to All Done (Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit).

2. Charging device for 2-3hours. It just show beatiful flower on the screen (enter recovery mode already).

3. In Ubuntu run Nova Device Installer-92 (NDI). Modemupdate/Firmware update/Touchpanel Updated/ A6

Update all select Force. select Skip First Use (OTA and app updates won't work). Get HP.tar and Webos.tar

from Wifi 3.0.0 doctor version. And flash the device.

4. Due to No Token in andriod version TP. So it can not use Wifi/Bluetooth. No Hardware Info...

5. Try to use Meta Doctor to write WFMAC/BTMAC into Topaz.XML .( Different device is different address. it

should attach on the mainboard). Copy a working Token in it. Flash device again with Step 3.

6. But I run the faster way to flash it. Just use JC TPToolbox directly and install CyanogenMod 4.4.4 version

7. Wifi/Bluetooth/Sound/Camera are working well.

(If lost touch after step 3. should replace the latest touch board v1.20. Some prototype devices are v0.40/v0.41...)
    This is a Go or regular Touchpad?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Indeed!

Congratulations!

15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    This is a Go or regular Touchpad?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    This is a TOUCHPAD 32G+Wifi andriod 2.2.1 (no webos.no token in it).
    This is a TOUCHPAD 32G+Wifi andriod 2.2.1 (no webos.no token in it).
    Huh? .. OP's thread is specifically named 'Touchpad GO Device'.....

Sorry...That's confusing!

1x then!

17.    #17  
    The hardware of Go is better than hardware of Touchpad. Yes we need andriod 4.4.4 for Touchpad Go.We need CWM/TWPR/GAPPS/ROM for Touchpad Go . We need TPToolbox for Go too..................
    The hardware of Go is better than hardware of Touchpad. Yes we need andriod 4.4.4 for Touchpad Go.We need CWM/TWPR/GAPPS/ROM for Touchpad Go . We need TPToolbox for Go too..................

Agreed!
    But I am pretty sure TTB here 'lent' one of his Go's to the CM team in an effort to get them interested, but with so few units around, there was probably not enough motivation in relation to the time it would have taken to actually achieve?

Perhaps now, yourself, John Steffes, Herrie & NewbyJE (with emergency backup/advice from Rod!) could re-approach JC.Sullin @ CM with the proposition?
    Does it mean re-writing the entire kernel? How 'far' from the TP 4G is it, in actuality?
    If you guys can't do it, NO ONE can!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/24/2014 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Agreed!
    But I am pretty sure TTB here 'lent' one of his Go's to the CM team in an effort to get them interested, but with so few units around, there was probably not enough motivation in relation to the time it would have taken to actually achieve?

Perhaps now, yourself, John Steffes, Herrie & NewbyJE (with emergency backup/advice from Rod!) could re-approach JC.Sullin @ CM with the proposition?
    Does it mean re-writing the entire kernel? How 'far' from the TP 4G is it, in actuality?
    If you guys can't do it, NO ONE can!

It shouldn't be that much off from a regular TP or a 4G TP I gather, but my knowledge of kernel stuffs is too limited to get anything done.

You'd need to have a debug cable for the audio jack to troubleshoot the kernel not booting. I tried the LuneOS kernel which works fine on TP and 4G on the Go, but didn't work of course
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It shouldn't be that much off from a regular TP or a 4G TP I gather, but my knowledge of kernel stuffs is too limited to get anything done.

You'd need to have a debug cable for the audio jack to troubleshoot the kernel not booting. I tried the LuneOS kernel which works fine on TP and 4G, but on the Go it didn't work, of course.
    Right.. 'of course'!

Could it be that JC.Sullins @ CM never actually sighted a version of the early 'proto-Android' used to test the EVT Go's??
    Could it also be therefore, that if he did, then he would also much more quickly understand what is required to accept more recent versions of Android?

Later: ~ On a 'historical' sidenote, it is of interest that HP/Qualcomm tested their Touchpad hardware - and also no doubt, the 'Android' OS itself - by bringing the two ('quietly') together in early developmental stages.
    Conjecture would have it, that the fact that webOS was not actually ready in time for this early hardware testing, could be another factor?

Thus ironically, the 'Go' already shares a deep Legacy with Android!

~~~
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/24/2014 at 05:30 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast