Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I'm curious to hear about this Pre3. :P
    :

In 2012.I got a message that someone has a bigger hp webos mobile phone. But it was not mobile function and sell very expense.I gave it up and bought Pre3/Pre2/Veer. Until know about it was a Winsor Not but gone. I was so so......
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Does JC make the other Debricker for Go ? Cause TPDebrick 004 to write topaz.bin into device. But Go need to flash opal.bin into device.
    I know Herrie had a TPDebrick which was customized for GO and which he used when converting Android Go to WebOS Go.
  3.    #43  
    HP Go 2.3.3 system/userdata img. Do not try to flash it into webos Go. It will lost touch function except upgrade 2.2.1/2.2.3 Go device. Can someone pass it to JC. Please....

here:userdata.img.ext4_??????|??? ??-?????
    Sumy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    HP Go 2.3.3 system/userdata img. Do not try to flash it into webos Go. It will lost touch function except upgrade 2.2.1/2.2.3 Go device. Can someone pass it to JC. Please....

here:userdata.img.ext4_??????|??? ??-?????
    Here are DropBox links for files which lemanho uploaded to baidu (for faster transfer from Europe and USA)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ystem.img.ext4

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rdata.img.ext4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Agreed!
    But I am pretty sure TTB here 'lent' one of his Go's to the CM team in an effort to get them interested, but with so few units around, there was probably not enough motivation in relation to the time it would have taken to actually achieve?

Perhaps now, yourself, John Steffes, Herrie & NewbyJE (with emergency backup/advice from Rod!) could re-approach JC.Sullin @ CM with the proposition?
    Does it mean re-writing the entire kernel? How 'far' from the TP 4G is it, in actuality?
    If you guys can't do it, NO ONE can!

Hi Ya all, FIRST, lets get the facts out in the open so nobody has any expectations there will ever be a TP GO Android project. I personally hope there is one and an Android KK or LP image comes out of it, but based on what has happened thus far, I am not holding my breath.

FACT 1:
    I didn't just lend JC a GO device, I GAVE JC a TP GO 3g with an Ericsson MBM running Android 2.2.1 or 2.2.3.

FACT 2:
    JC was able to get webOS running on it, then he also got CM9 loaded on it and he said he managed to get past the touchscreen bug. Stil not working were the RADIO functions (none of them, no wif fi, no 3G HSDPA+, and no BT). OH, AND NO AUDIO. either.

FACT 3: I tried to enlist JNEWBY to assist JC with the RIL.
    John really needs a device to work on the radio. Last I heard, We never got one to him.

FACT 4: I donated a sum of money to JC for all his help with the TP and for helping me debrick my TP GO using a modified TPDEBRICK v.001. It was a substantial enough sum that I also hoped it would help spur further development on an Android image for the TP GO although JC made it clear to me that he does not like to accept donations in advance for uncompleted projects.

This all happened during development of the original TP DEBRICK v. 001 for Touchpad wi fi,
    At that time, I was working on a bricked TP GO with a sierra MBM. That's why TPDEBRICK 004 somewhat supports the TP GO. It still had the modified components JC and I created to debrick my TP GO using v .001

Despite all of that, and the progress that was made, fact remains JC sullins and John Newby do not have much spare time to work on this project, if ANY at all. And lets face it, our group of TP GO owners is not many. We could all pound on JC and John's doors begging for an android image for the TP GO, and we'd still be far out numbered by all the other folks with other projects wanted standing next to us pounding on their doors.

If John Newby is still willing to tackle the RIL, then there is some hope.
    Two things he would need:
    1). A touchpad GO with an Ericcson MBM, (and hopefully a Sierra MBM too that he could swap in to the GO so he could make that MBM radio work (LTE).
    2). A copy of the CM9 build JC has put together so far, without radio and audio.

Still, crossing my fingers, toes, eyeballs, and balls, hoping we can get an android JB, KK, or LP build for the TP GO. Even just the completion of the ICS version JC started working on would be fine with me.

Cheerio,
    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Hi Ya all, FIRST, lets get the facts out in the open so nobody has any expectations there will ever be a TP GO Android project. I personally hope there is one and an Android KK or LP image comes out of it, but based on what has happened thus far, I am not holding my breath.
    [SIZE]
    FACT 1:
    I didn't just lend JC a GO device, I GAVE JC a TP GO 3g with an Ericsson MBM running Android 2.2.1 or 2.2.3.

FACT 2:
    JC was able to get webOS running on it, then he also got CM9 loaded on it and he said he managed to get past the touchscreen bug. Stil not working were the RADIO functions (none of them, no wif fi, no 3G HSDPA+, and no BT). OH, AND NO AUDIO. either.

FACT 3: I tried to enlist JNEWBY to assist JC with the RIL.
    John really needs a device to work on the radio. Last I heard, We never got one to him.

FACT 4: I donated a sum of money to JC for all his help with the TP and for helping me debrick my TP GO using a modified TPDEBRICK v.001. It was a substantial enough sum that I also hoped it would help spur further development on an Android image for the TP GO although JC made it clear to me that he does not like to accept donations in advance for uncompleted projects.

This all happened during development of the original TP DEBRICK v. 001 for Touchpad wi fi,
    At that time, I was working on a bricked TP GO with a sierra MBM. That's why TPDEBRICK 004 somewhat supports the TP GO. It still had the modified components JC and I created to debrick my TP GO using v .001

Despite all of that, and the progress that was made, fact remains JC sullins and John Newby do not have much spare time to work on this project, if ANY at all. And lets face it, our group of TP GO owners is not many. We could all pound on JC and John's doors begging for an android image for the TP GO, and we'd still be far out numbered by all the other folks with other projects wanted standing next to us pounding on their doors.

If John Newby is still willing to tackle the RIL, then there is some hope.
    Two things he would need:
    1). A touchpad GO with an Ericcson MBM, (and hopefully a Sierra MBM too that he could swap in to the GO so he could make that MBM radio work (LTE).
    2). A copy of the CM9 build JC has put together so far, without radio and audio.

Still, crossing my fingers, toes, eyeballs, and balls, hoping we can get an android JB, KK, or LP build for the TP GO. Even just the completion of the ICS version JC started working on would be fine with me.

Cheerio,
    TTB
    I'd be happy to donate a Go for this purpose if needed :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I have a 2.X.X Go as well that just sits there. I would be happy to also donate if it would assist in a possible ICS/JB/KK buuild.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I would love to be able to use my Go for something useful, unfortunately, I've reached the end of usefulness for HP webOS :-S I have one TouchPad sitting here on my touchstone telling me how loud all the sound around me is :-S

Just getting Wifi up and running would be a big point. Might have to go all the way back to CM7 to check and see if the kernel that was provided from HP with the TouchPad Android thing even kind of works on the Go.. Sadly, I doubt it'll happen, simply because of the time required.

If I had the time to learn how Android building worked, I'd love to poke it with a stick.. but my time is already too far hacked up and spread out.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Another TP Go owner sitting on the fence here to find if there is any TP GO CM(11 or more) build comes out to snag.
    I am hungry.. any TP GO android fruits to eat yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre3Fan View Post
    Another TP Go owner sitting on the fence here to find if there is any TP GO CM(11 or more) build comes out to snag.
    I am hungry.. any TP GO android fruits to eat yet?
    You can check what TopTongueBarry wrote about CM9 which was complied by JC, some progress was done, but not full support (without WiFi it is useless).
    The only option we have is to contact JC and John Newby. I can send a Go (with Android) to John Newby if he is willing to do something on new version of Android for Go.
    I guess the best would be for TopTongueBarry to contact John Newby as he was already in contact with him.
    And I think donations to John would be appropriate.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    You can check what TopTongueBarry wrote about CM9 which was complied by JC, some progress was done, but not full support (without WiFi it is useless).
    The only option we have is to contact JC and John Newby. I can send a Go (with Android) to John Newby if he is willing to do something on new version of Android for Go.
    I guess the best would be for TopTongueBarry to contact John Newby as he was already in contact with him.
    And I think donations to John would be appropriate.
    Where to donate?
    My WebOS Wealth:
    TouchPads :
    * AT&T32GB, 4S - UNLOCKED!!!! (total 5 of these, all with Android 4.4.4
    * Touchpad GO with WebOS (total 3 of these, trying to get android on these... but how?)
    Pre 3: Three of AT&T Pre 3s, One Verizon Pre 3
    Want to sell any of the above for a good price(Just want to keep one go if I get android on them)
    Very interesting thread (especially the pics about the sd option) that I've missed until today
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre3Fan View Post
    Where to donate?
    A few months back John posted in another thread he would talk with JC about getting the work JC had already completed. Then John was going to decide if he would take up the project or not.

He knows we have several people offering up Touchpad Go's to him for the effort.

To my knowledge, he hasn't posted anything further on the topic.

Personally, I would hold off making any donation to him until we find out if he is willing to finish/work the project or not. --- Keep in mind this is coming from someone who donated a GO and a sizable amount of cash some time ago to get this project rolling again towards completion.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123