Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Agreed!
    But I am pretty sure TTB here 'lent' one of his Go's to the CM team in an effort to get them interested, but with so few units around, there was probably not enough motivation in relation to the time it would have taken to actually achieve?

    Perhaps now, yourself, John Steffes, Herrie & NewbyJE (with emergency backup/advice from Rod!) could re-approach JC.Sullin @ CM with the proposition?
    Does it mean re-writing the entire kernel? How 'far' from the TP 4G is it, in actuality?
    If you guys can't do it, NO ONE can!

    Touchpad Go was developed in 2011. It was never released in the market. There are Evt1/Evt2/Evt3/Evt4/DVT/DVT-Eur type....Hardware design were various difference. It is '' impossible mission'' to run latest Android version in Go
  2. #22  
    But::

    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    The hardware of Go is better than hardware of Touchpad. Yes we need andriod 4.4.4 for Touchpad Go.We need CWM/TWPR/GAPPS/ROM for Touchpad Go . We need TPToolbox for Go too..................


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  3. #23  
    And..

    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Touchpad Go was developed in 2011. It was never released in the market. There are Evt1/Evt2/Evt3/Evt4/DVT/DVT-Eur type....Hardware design were various difference. It is '' impossible mission'' to run latest Android version in Go
    As we have mentioned.. DVT 32Gb '4G' Go is not utterly dissimilar to Touchpad 4G either.
    So, CM10 would be good enough!


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Touchpad Go was developed in 2011. It was never released in the market. There are Evt1/Evt2/Evt3/Evt4/DVT/DVT-Eur type....Hardware design were various difference. It is '' impossible mission'' to run latest Android version in Go
    If a single webOS version can run, a single Android version can too Easy no, possible, for sure yes for people with the right knowledge
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Mutoidi and lemanho like this.
  5. #25  
    Questions: For example, 2.2.4 runs on the Pre2, 3 & Veer. These all have differing hardware, so almost certainly require different drivers. Is it therefore the case that simply swapping drivers means the OS will run? Obviously, OS support will be needed (e.g. For screen size). What about new hardware features? The Pre2 did not have TTS or a compass I think, so support must have been added for the Pre3. Is that not a version increment? Or is it that 2.2.4 was the 'Pre3/Veer' upgrade made available for the Pre2?

    My main question is: If the OS can be seperated from the drivers, how do you get the drivers off the TP Go? And would they be those 'double buffering' webOS drivers unsuitable for Android? Without a TPGo with Android installed by HP, how do you obtain Android HW drivers?
    Mutoidi likes this.
  6. #26  
    Those devices still require their own 2.2.4 Doctor while all Go variants work with the same Doctor more or less (3G/Wifi differentation maybe?)

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Mutoidi likes this.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Without a TPGo with Android installed by HP, how do you obtain Android HW drivers?
    A good question - for which I believe 'Lemanho' may possibly hold the (positive) answer!
    He may have one or more Go's, that came ready 'equipped' as such, with HP/Android, via some back-door @ HP Shanghai testing Labs?
    This was my earlier question here too - Have this version & JC.Scullins, ever actually crossed paths...

    See where I'm going with this?

    I am hopeful that a 'CM10' for the Go is NOT an impossibility thus.

    (TP/Go screen 'size' is different - but actual screen resolution/ratio is the same!).

    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/25/2014 at 07:18 PM.

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Those devices still require their own 2.2.4 Doctor while all Go variants work with the same Doctor more or less (3G/Wifi differentation maybe?)
    Not ALL the Go variants I think - particularly with reference to this discussion and the early EVT Go's that actually had Android installed by HP. ~ the dreaded Touchpanel PCB/hardware differences & the '1cm off' bug for instance?

    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/25/2014 at 07:19 PM.

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    A good question - for which I believe 'Lemanho' may possibly hold the (positive) answer!
    He may have one or more Go's, that came ready 'equipped' as such, with HP/Android, via some back-door @ HP Shanghai testing Labs?
    This was my earlier question here too - Have this version & JC.Scullins, ever actually crossed paths...

    See where I'm going with this?

    I am hopeful that a 'CM10' for the Go is NOT an impossibility thus.

    (TP/Go screen 'size' is different - but actual screen resolution/ratio is the same!).

    Yes. I've paied lot of money to buy software and hardware from ex-hp/palm guys. Including different prototype touchpad/touchpad go/Veer/pre 3...Like 64G WiFi+4G TP/64G WiFi+4G Go/64G WiFi android 2.2.1 TP were the highest designed in 2011 from HP.
    It is more easy to run inside software to fix webos device....

    How can we contact JC ? Of courses I can provide Go device to him at free..
  10. #30  
    FYI Each webOS build is unique, yes you can create a doctor with the webOS 3.0.5 drivers for the GO and swap them and install the Touchpad 4G (AT&T build), I have such a doctor... it defaults to the same orientation as the Touchpad not the Go (which is off 90 degrees)...

    Anyway, the basic files that are needed are the LunaSysMgr and the Kernel ROM and it's kernel loadable modules unique to the device.

    Which is what my Super Go doctor sort of did, I compared the builds and then updated to RTM versions, which allows one to run webOSPorts LunaSysMgr although it uses the wrong orientation.

    FYI For the Veer it is more like the Pre2 then the Pre3. So when I updated webOS 2.2.4 for the Veer I used the Pre2 variant, the Pre3 variant handles the scaling feature and is closer to the touchpad...

    FYI the Android crowd has a GO, if I recall Rod when he gave up on ACL handed his Go to JC? I used to talk to him when I was working on a Go that lost it's mind talking to the digitizer, his kernel works on the Go as well...
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Questions: For example, 2.2.4 runs on the Pre2, 3 & Veer. These all have differing hardware, so almost certainly require different drivers. Is it therefore the case that simply swapping drivers means the OS will run? Obviously, OS support will be needed (e.g. For screen size). What about new hardware features? The Pre2 did not have TTS or a compass I think, so support must have been added for the Pre3. Is that not a version increment? Or is it that 2.2.4 was the 'Pre3/Veer' upgrade made available for the Pre2?

    My main question is: If the OS can be seperated from the drivers, how do you get the drivers off the TP Go? And would they be those 'double buffering' webOS drivers unsuitable for Android? Without a TPGo with Android installed by HP, how do you obtain Android HW drivers?
    For andriod Go to convert Webos Go need to use special way to install the driver directly. Need more steps....Actually I don't like Doctor to flash webos device. Try to use Nova Device Installer (NDI) and so simple. For example to flash ATT 3.0.5 3G ROM into normally TP. It can work but no 3G function cause no hardware support.

    One interesting thing when I flashed a android 2.2.1 32G +WiFi promo type TP to webos 3.0.5 TP. Just rebuild WiFi/Bluetooth.Do not want to restore a working token. Cause I don't like active HP account and HP App...also update it to android 4.4.4 and working well now.
    Last edited by lemanho; 09/25/2014 at 09:55 PM.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Yes. I've paied lot of money to buy software and hardware from ex-hp/palm guys. Including different prototype touchpad/touchpad go/Veer/pre 3...Like 64G WiFi+4G TP/64G WiFi+4G Go/64G WiFi android 2.2.1 TP were the highest designed in 2011 from HP.
    It is more easy to run inside software to fix webos device....

    How can we contact JC ? Of courses I can provide Go device to him at free..
    I expect he can eventually be found on the XDA Forums? [ROM] [4.4.4] [CyanogenMod 11 by Jcsullins] € | HP TouchPad | XDA Forums
    But maybe John Steffes still has a more direct contact for him?
    I know TTB 'lent' CM a Go - but don't know whether he got it back off them or not ~ probably!

    Question is.. do we even need an Android Go to have webOS also installed?

    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/25/2014 at 10:34 PM.

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I expect he can eventually be found on the XDA Forums? [ROM] [4.4.4] [CyanogenMod 11 by Jcsullins] … | HP TouchPad | XDA Forums
    Maybe John Steffes still has a more direct contact for him?
    I know TTB 'lent' CM a Go - but don't know whether he got it back off them or not ~ probably!

    I saw the original and highest android Go is android 2.3.4 32G WiFi +3G. Not sure TTB one. If a android 2.2.1 Go has a lot of "bug"...
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Which is what my Super Go doctor sort of did, I compared the builds and then updated to RTM versions, which allows one to run webOSPorts LunaSysMgr although it uses the wrong orientation.
    Yes.. I found that Super-Go-Dr. orientation glitch rather 'awkward', to say the least John!
    I think there was a bit of 'Home Button' confusion too?

    Anyway - does CM10 for TP4G directly use/require the actual 'webOS' kernel files?


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    I saw the original and highest android Go is android 2.3.4 32G WiFi +3G. Not sure TTB one. If a android 2.2.1 Go has a lot of "bug"...
    I am interested to know if JC.Sullins has ever encountered HP-Android 2.3.4 for Go + Wifi & 3G.
    That would undoutably be the best version for him - or anyone - to work from.
    Do you have it backed up anywhere?


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yes.. I found that Super-Go-Dr. orientation glitch rather 'awkward', to say the least John!
    I think there was a bit of 'Home Button' confusion too?

    Anyway - does CM10 for TP4G directly use/require the actual 'webOS' kernel files?

    HP provided Android kernel sources on their palm open source web site, however, it was for the Touchpad only, given that they never released the source only the files (already compiled) have surfaced, someone would have to customize the existing source (CM) to handle the Go hardware, as I said, when ACL failed, Rod gave someone (I thought JC), the Go he had for development but, do not know where that lead... I know JC's original headless kernel (debricker) works on the Go...
    MartinH@webos likes this.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I am interested to know if JC.Sullins has ever encountered HP-Android 2.3.4 for Go + Wifi & 3G.
    That would undoutably be the best version for him - or anyone - to work from.
    Do you have it backed up anywhere?

    Not yet. But I have a HP orginal andriod image 2.3.3 for Go device. It can flash webos Go back to andriod Go..Try to find it in somewhere. Maybe it is useful for JC....
    Last edited by lemanho; 09/25/2014 at 11:21 PM.
    MartinH@webos likes this.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Not yet. But I have a HP orginal andriod image 2.3.3 . It can flash webos Go back to android Go..Try to find it in somewhere. Maybe it is useful for JC....
    GOOD!
    Yes, I am sure it can be useful for anyone who is capable and interested.. but would be especially interesting to JC too, because he may not have seen it at all.


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    HP provided Android kernel sources on their palm open source web site, however, it was for the Touchpad only, given that they never released the source only the files (already compiled) have surfaced, someone would have to customize the existing source (CM) to handle the Go hardware, as I said, when ACL failed, Rod gave someone (I thought JC), the Go he had for development but, do not know where that lead... I know JC's original headless kernel (debricker) works on the Go...
    Does JC make the other Debricker for Go ? Cause TPDebrick 004 to write topaz.bin into device. But Go need to flash opal.bin into device.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Yes. I've paied lot of money to buy software and hardware from ex-hp/palm guys. Including different prototype touchpad/touchpad go/Veer/pre 3...Like 64G WiFi+4G TP/64G WiFi+4G Go/64G WiFi android 2.2.1 TP were the highest designed in 2011 from HP.
    It is more easy to run inside software to fix webos device....

    How can we contact JC ? Of courses I can provide Go device to him at free..
    I'm curious to hear about this Pre3. :P
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09/24/2013, 02:04 AM
  2. Is the TouchPad still an optimum device?
    By wang_r1w2 in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07/10/2013, 08:53 AM
  3. ismthe TouchPad still an optimum device?
    By wang_r1w2 in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06/29/2013, 11:28 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09/01/2011, 01:53 PM

Posting Permissions