Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By boovish
  1.    #1  
    Every 15 minutes my TP Go's screen lights up and say accounts syncing, which, I suspect is leading to the decreased battery life. Is there a fix for this? Should I remove all the accounts and re link them?
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Every 15 minutes my TP Go's screen lights up and say accounts syncing, which, I suspect is leading to the decreased battery life. Is there a fix for this? Should I remove all the accounts and re link them?
    Mine has always done this, too. I remember reading something about Yahoo being a cause of it, but I've never really looked into it any further. Would love to hear if anyone has a solution.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Hm.. the question is why it lights up every 15 minutes.. if you look at the activities 15 or 20 minutes is the default for the built in synergy connectors to try a periodic sync (which happens only if network is available). But usually these normal syncs should not cause any UI notification.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $notifications$ $should$ $only$ $show$ $up$ $for$ $initial$ $syncs$... $maybe$ $the$ $initial$ $sync$ $fails$ $and$ $it$ $is$ $still$ $trying$ $to$ $do$ $that$? $You$ $could$ $sniff$ $around$ $in$ $the$ $databases$ $for$ $account$.$google$:$1$ ($or$ $replace$ $google$ $with$ $something$ $else$) $kinds$ $and$ $see$ $if$ $the$ $initial$ $field$ $is$ $still$ $set$ $to$ $true$.
    Last edited by Garfonso; 06/16/2014 at 07:28 AM.
    Interesting. My device does this. I have only paired it to the existing palm profile. No patches. I wondered if it was normal, but then my phone only flashes a light when there is notification. A box is displayed in the middle of the screen that says, 'syncing accounts'. In use, a notification slides in and out on the top bar. I've noticed no problems with synchronisation, but the lighting up is annoying - especially at night! ;-)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 06/16/2014 at 08:25 PM.
    Hm.. maybe webOS 3.x does that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Hm.. the question is why it lights up every 15 minutes.. if you look at the activities 15 or 20 minutes is the default for the built in synergy connectors to try a periodic sync (which happens only if network is available). But usually these normal syncs should not cause any UI notification.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $notifications$ $should$ $only$ $show$ $up$ $for$ $initial$ $syncs$... $maybe$ $the$ $initial$ $sync$ $fails$ $and$ $it$ $is$ $still$ $trying$ $to$ $do$ $that$? $You$ $could$ $sniff$ $around$ $in$ $the$ $databases$ $for$ $account$.$google$:$1$ ($or$ $replace$ $google$ $with$ $something$ $else$) $kinds$ $and$ $see$ $if$ $the$ $initial$ $field$ $is$ $still$ $set$ $to$ $true$.
    That sounds plausible. It's not supposed to show a banner notification for non-initial syncs, including on 3.x.

The UI notification is triggered by a sync service writing a record to com.palm.account.syncstate in tempdb. The record has a status, account, and collection. Status can be "IDLE", "INITIAL_SYNC", "INCREMENTAL_SYNC", "PUSH", "DELETE", "ERROR", or "401_UNAUTHORIZED".

The code for displaying the sync UI is here:

https://github.com/enyojs/enyo-1.0/b...ncDashboard.js

If the sync is for an email folder (collection), no notification is shown. A spinner is shown in the email app if the folder is selected.

If the sync is for an account (collection == null), it should show a dashboard notification with a sync icon, but not turn on a screen.

If the sync is INITIAL_SYNC or DELETE, it should show a banner (similar to a SMS/IM notification) which should turn on the screen momentarily.

Presumably some service is incorrectly setting the INITIAL_SYNC state to true every time, or is in some bad state where it can't do an incremental sync for some reason. Should be possible to figure out from the logs, or by adding more detailed logging statements to syncDashboard.jsjsjs.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    My TouchPad has just started doing the same thing in the last few days. Is there any simple solution? I appreciated what JI85 had to say, but it went over my head - above my pay scale. Does this affect our battery life? It is annoying to have the screen come on. It is weird that for some of us this problem has occurred around the same time.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Palms: III, IIIx, IIIxe, Tunsgen E, TX, Centro -> Samsung Epic 4G (wanted a Pre3) & HP Touchpad 32g
    It would be nice if one person with the problem would to these steps and report back with some information:
    1. Start impostah (if not installed, please install)
    2. Tap on "Databases"
    3. As "Database set" select "Persistent"
    4. As kind select "account.calendar.google" (or any other account affected, also swap calendar and contacts, if you use both)
    5. You should see one entry in the next screen (or more, if you have multiple accounts of the same time, if so, repeat the next steps for each of them) => Tap on that
    6. Scroll down and see the value behind "initialSync".

That value is set to "false" for all accounts that successfully finished the first sync. If that is still "true" for any of your accounts, that might be the issue.

If it is set to false for all accounts, but still the banner appears, we'll have to do more investigations, like mangeling in the jsjsjs $file$ $linked$ $above$.
    There is no initialSync item or value in the account.calendar.yahoo entry for me. There is such an item/value in the other calendar databases (Google and Facebook). The same is true on another tablet.
  10.    #10  
    Is there anyway to change it to true?
    i don't have calendar enabled on mine .. but still get the notifications. does the calendar still work for yahoo?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  12.    #12  
    The Google sync fix 1.2 actually fixed it. Hooray!
    TJs11thPre likes this.