Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Sumy
  1.    #1  
    When HP was preparing the TouchPad GO they also made a folio case which is made of a kind of artificial textile - like material. Not sure how to call it.
    I was fortunate enough to get both preproduction one and production one (with HP logo on it).
    It is partly sewn up and partly made by a machine which uses a special mould and a heat or electric current to seal one part of material to another.

    Here are two photos of original production case for TouchPad GO with HP logo.
    I will upload photos of Go in this case and photos of preproduction one too, thou there is no much difference between preproduction one and production one, maybe a little bit different material, color and some smaller adjustments.

    For my personal opinion material from which it is made is too soft and it doesn't feel nice when GO is dressed in it. The only plus I see is that it is very thin as the GO is relatively thick compared to today's tablets and if you "dress" it in the folio case it get thicker so here counts the thin material, they were probably trying to achive that.
    I would say that original HP TouchPad 9.7" folio case is much much better and practical to use.


    Last edited by Sumy; 06/02/2014 at 03:35 PM.
    cbosdell, geekpeter and MAMISHO like this.
  2. #2  
    Does anyone know if the TouchPad Go is able to charge on the Touchstone with this case? Also I'm assuming it folds into a stand for the Go? Thanks!
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Does anyone know if the TouchPad Go is able to charge on the Touchstone with this case? Also I'm assuming it folds into a stand for the Go? Thanks!

    In my case - no charge, scuse the pun!
    It seems too thick.
    & folds into stand, yes.


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  4. #4  
    I just got mine, and it's the one without the HP logo, and the back fabric is very flimsy. Is the one with the HP log made any better.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  5. #5  
    more reasons to cry about me not owning the touchpad go.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  6. #6  
    Is this case actually available anywhere?
  7. #8  
    Thanks for the links. Guess there's only the custom or generic case route now. I have a original sleeve style but I was hoping to get something different.

    I had hoped that if HP had a mountain of these from not launching the device, there might still be a place to find it!
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by inspire_tek View Post
    Thanks for the links. Guess there's only the custom or generic case route now. I have a original sleeve style but I was hoping to get something different.

    I had hoped that if HP had a mountain of these from not launching the device, there might still be a place to find it!
    There was a batch of the original HP-style cases (Preproduction? ~ without the HP logo) on eBay a while back for around $35ea + shipping.. but that seller also pointed out that he would likely have no more after those had sold.
    If I see anything more, I'll post a link here anyway.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/20/2015 at 06:52 AM.

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    There was a batch of the original HP-style cases (Preproduction? ~ without the HP logo) on eBay a while back for around $35ea + shipping.. but that seller also pointed out that he would likely have no more after those had sold.
    If I see anything more, I'll post a link here anyway.

    Guess its just another unicorn now

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon iPad folio case (Technocel): Mini-review and photos
    By melonbar123 in forum webOS Accessories
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 02/23/2012, 11:01 AM
  2. HP Touchpad Folio case for $15.53 @Provantage.com
    By jolsba in forum webOS Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10/16/2011, 02:23 PM
  3. $19 for HP Folio Case for Touchpad (usually $30)
    By regulate in forum webOS Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10/12/2011, 10:25 AM
  4. HP Touchpad Folio Case vs Verizon Ipad Folio Case
    By hungyellow in forum webOS Accessories
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08/28/2011, 08:26 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08/24/2011, 12:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions