Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'm trying to see if there's anyone out there who have a fully working EVT1 TP Go with webOS on it? I have 2 EVT1 TP Go's converted from Android which both have the issue that the touchscreen is 1CM off. Other Go's I've seen that are EVT3 don't have the problem.

So I'm wondering if there are any users out there who have a EVT1 with webOS that is 100% working OK?
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Have you seen this? Claims to fix the issue...TouchPad Go - Touch panel (information, calibration, flashing)
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Have you seen this? Claims to fix the issue...TouchPad Go - Touch panel (information, calibration, flashing)
    I didn't actually... Need to check to see if I can get fastboot mode working again
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I'm trying to see if there's anyone out there who have a fully working EVT1 TP Go with webOS on it? I have 2 EVT1 TP Go's converted from Android which both have the issue that the touchscreen is 1CM off. Other Go's I've seen that are EVT3 don't have the problem.

So I'm wondering if there are any users out there who have a EVT1 with webOS that is 100% working OK?
    I am trying flash Go 16G 3G android 2.2.1 to webos version now.

Fastboot is ok.

Dfu is ok

novacom booties is ok

connect NDI no problem. But stop at waiting for device come back while flash Go Tar file.....

seems dfu step problem while flash bin file. Try to fix it.
    Last edited by lemanho; 09/14/2014 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post

Fastboot is ok.

Dfu is ok

novcam booties is ok

connect NDI no problem. But stop at waiting for device come back while flash Go Tar file.....

I wrote some interesant findings in this post:
    TouchPad Go - Touch panel (information, calibration, flashing)

In short:
    I have two older devices, one with WebOS 3.0 Nova-Dartfish and one with Nova-Duval, both of them have some issues with TouchPanel. On Nova-Dartfish touchpanel is not working at all, on Nova-Duval touchpanel is working but there is 1 cm offset to which Herrie was reffering to.

The must peculiar thing is that when I have removed touchpanels from original devices and connected them to another Go (model HSTNH-I32C) with Webos 3.0.4, the touchpanels which werenot working on those older devices were working just fine with no calibration nor PmTpUpdater needed, even 1 cm offeset was gone.
    I was able to run PmTpUpdater -f with no issues as on the other hand PmTpUpdater on Nova-Dartfish was not running at all and Nova-Duval I need to run in multiply times to be able to do the job.
    After I mounted touchpanels back to original devices on which they were mounted in the first place original problems occured (not working and 1 cm offset)

So it seems the 1 cm offset has nothing to do with touchpanel itself but with either motherboard of Go or some other configuration of WebOS which I still haven't figurred out.

It would be nice to hear findings from Herrie or lemanho in details to come to a viable solution to overcome this 1cm offset issue at WebOS devices (they do have this issue too, probably converted from Android some time ago by HP engineers) and especially when converting from Android to WebOS
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post

In short:
    I have two older devices, one with WebOS 3.0 Nova-Dartfish and one with Nova-Duval, both of them have some issues with TouchPanel. On Nova-Dartfish touchpanel is not working at all, on Nova-Duval touchpanel is working but there is 1 cm offset to which Herrie was reffering to.

The must peculiar thing is that when I have removed touchpanels from original devices and connected them to another Go (model HSTNH-I32C) with Webos 3.0.4, the touchpanels which werenot working on those older devices were working just fine with no calibration nor PmTpUpdater needed, even 1 cm offeset was gone.
    I was able to run PmTpUpdater -f with no issues as on the other hand PmTpUpdater on Nova-Dartfish was not running at all and Nova-Duval I need to run in multiply times to be able to do the job.
    After I mounted touchpanels back to original devices on which they were mounted in the first place original problems occured (not working and 1 cm offset)

So it seems the 1 cm offset has nothing to do with touchpanel itself but with either motherboard of Go or some other configuration of WebOS which I still haven't figurred out.

It would be nice to hear findings from Herrie or lemanho in details to come to a viable solution to overcome this 1cm offset issue at WebOS devices (they do have this issue too, probably converted from Android some time ago by HP engineers) and especially when converting from Android to WebOS
    They way I understood it from John Steffes is that the 1cm offset is caused by a different version of the TruTouch board to which the touchpanel is connected. This one is close to the mainboard, but it's a separate board. That explains your findings. I had the same. So far no solution for the 1cm. I'm sure there must exist a proper firmware somewhere to address it, just I haven't found it yet.....
    Sumy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    They way I understood it from John Steffes is that the 1cm offset is caused by a different version of the TruTouch board to which the touchpanel is connected. This one is close to the mainboard, but it's a separate board. That explains your findings. I had the same. So far no solution for the 1cm. I'm sure there must exist a proper firmware somewhere to address it, just I haven't found it yet.....
    Wow...I understood the reasons. I had fixed two sick Go devices one years ago. Which the touchpanel were lost after NDI or PmTpUpdater -f....(it show port is error). So I open the back cover and take out touchpanel board. There is "L" cable to connect . And take out the connector from touchpanel board.Did a new connector on it. After using NDI and PmTpUpdater -f. Two Go devices working well (will show some pictures later).

Regarding Touchpad Go---touch panel.....I saw this two years ago. Yes there are two TMA395-1.09.00 and TMA375-1.01.00 drivers. But it can not flash it into Go directly. Need to use special tool to make hex and flashed it.
    MartinH@webos and Sumy like this.

In short:

For that two older Go devices. Do you update it to webOS 3.0.4 or 3.0.5 ? Just force touchpanel
    while flashing Go tar file..

Or try to connect nova-dartfish screen to working 3.0.4 device. Put 3.0.4 screen to connect to older device. What's result?
    Great, now we are getting somwhere.
    So than this information about different firmwares from Cypres about which I wrote here is usefull afterall

I have a few of older and latest original Cypress files and I have also saved all different firmwares from different devices I was working on from /lib/firmware/ folder
    cy8ctma375.hex
    cy8ctma395.fw
    cy8ctma395.hex
    cy8ctma395.ver
    cy8ctma395_hssp_bridge.fw
    cy8ctma395_hssp_bridge.hex

but I haven't got time to compare them one to another and all to original Cypress and look to the files to see if there is really any difference, there should be as there were a lot of updates according to Cypress Release Notes.

John Steffes is talking about this here "How I fixed my Touchpad Touchpanel…"
    How I fixed my Touchpad Touchpanel…
    and here
    "I have the Cypress MiniProg3, which might be able to read the flash of the cmta395/375 and create a flashable android hex file"
    Touchpadgo webos 3.0.0
    and here Touchpadgo webos 3.0.0

So the reason for all that problems is TruTouch board and we need to read out the firmware from it
    a.) from Android device to get android_firmware.hex
    b.) from WebOS device to get palm_firmware.hex

I am speculating here but, there are probably different version of palm_firmware.hex and android_firmware.hex as there are different versions of TruTouch board, we can see that only when we will have those read out hex files so we can compare them.
    As John is skilled about this and he did this many times the best would be to send him the TrueTouchboards from a few devices if he will be able to read the firmwares out, John are you reading this, can you help?
    For that two older Go devices. Do you update it to webOS 3.0.4 or 3.0.5 ? Just force touchpanel
    while flashing Go tar file..

Or try to connect nova-dartfish screen to working 3.0.4 device. Put 3.0.4 screen to connect to older device. What's result?
    I haven't updated those older Go devices to WebOS 3.04 or 3.05, I just tried to update touchpanel by using PmTpUpdater or catnip, but both have issues as in the oldest one the whole thing is way different than in 3.0.4 or 3.0.5

I did as you wrote, put nova-dartfish touch+screen to working 3.0.4 device and it worked.
    I also put touch+screen from working 3.0.4 device to nova-dartfish, but the result was same as with original touch+screen from nova-dartfish, not working.
    Easy job. You must flash older Go device to webOS 3.0.4 or 3.0.5 with NDI. And select force Touchpanel ....If it still not working well. Try to flash cy8ctma375.hex or cy8ctma395.hex into it (but make sure 375 or 395 in it).

It is different case for android Go flash to webOS Go. I am doing this job and will show the result..(maybe open new threads to talk about how to flash android Go to Webos Go)

Seems your two older Go devices are unfinished product. I have two Go devices that run webos 3.0.0. touch panel working well.Never saw 1CM off. Also I have a older touchpad that run Nova-main With touch working well.Old version Go can not use force touchpanel function.
    Last edited by lemanho; 10/06/2014 at 08:35 PM.
    I haven't updated those older Go devices to WebOS 3.04 or 3.05, I just tried to update touchpanel by using PmTpUpdater or catnip, but both have issues as in the oldest one the whole thing is way different than in 3.0.4 or 3.0.5

I did as you wrote, put nova-dartfish touch+screen to working 3.0.4 device and it worked.
    I also put touch+screen from working 3.0.4 device to nova-dartfish, but the result was same as with original touch+screen from nova-dartfish, not working.
    Great. If you have the latest HP Cypress files. Can Flash cy8ctma395.fw into Go directly. ...Try this:

Boot up the device;
    novacom open tty://, and run “rootfs_open” and “exit”;
    novacom put file:///usr/bin/PmTpUpdater < PmTpUpdater;
    novacom put file:///lib/firmware/opal_cy8ctma395.fw < opal_cy8ctma395.fw;
    novacom open tty://, and run “PmTpUpdater -f”

(If there is no "fw" format file, please use the tool "ihex2fw" to convert the file's format, and the tool should be run under the linux environment, Eg. "./ihex2fw TMA395.hex opal_cy8ctma395.fw")

One question for that no working old Go device. If can not use touch function how did you know device info ?
    Maybe it cause by hardware problem. Need to inspect this Go device completely.
    Last edited by lemanho; 09/14/2014 at 10:00 PM.
    Try to use Evt1 touchboard connect to Dvt mainboard last night. And upgrade it to webos3.0.5. Unfortunate it shows 8-10mm off on touchscreen. So it should be hardware problems.

Fastboot is ok.

Dfu is ok

novacom booties is ok

Lemanho did you found a solution for NDI reporting "stop at waiting for device come back while flash Go Tar file"?

I had same issues but I think this has to do with different versions of TouchPad Go with Android on it, or some files deleted on the device, maybe also different version of hardware.

You mean when using dfu-util.exe -D boot.bin device boots into bootie mode and the colored pattern appers.
    Than using NDI at the point when Loading Ramdisk is finished and NDI reports Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back device does not come back ?

I had 3 simillar issues:
    1. Android Go which was stuck in ADB without need to press up + power :
    - after NDI is waiting for device to come back , Go has restarted at once and switched back to DFU "Device Firmware Upgrade"
    2. Android which was messed by somebody else already before:
    - after NDI is waiting for device to come back, nothing happend or Go freezed
    3. Android which touch was not working when I got it I guess 2.2.1
    - NDI is waiting for device to come back, Go come back, but I got message on PC that USB device is not recognized (no ID of device on USB)

I tried different boot-opal.bin from different WebOS Go builds
    boot-opal_479.bin length 178.980 bytes (from 3.0.5)
    boot-opal_479_debug.bin length 186.316 bytes (from 49, 54, 58, 3.0.4)
    boot-opal_478_debug.bin length 186.332 bytes (from Duvall)
    boot-opal_447_debug.bin length 157.452 bytes
    boot-opal_432_debug.bin length 124.564 bytes (from one older version)
    Last edited by Sumy; 11/27/2014 at 03:41 PM. Reason: added boot-opal.bin versions,
    Probably a stupid question but how can you tell which one you have?
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    stickers on the unit may identify evt or dvt .. i'd look at mine for reference but i'm sitting in an airport right now, and i don't carry a go with me, since i've never found anything to use it for... :|
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    - open it and look inside (PCB's, numbers on the PCB's)
    - device info it says something like
    * HSTNH-I31C FB396UA-DVT-EU for 16GB
    * HSTNH-I31C FB396UA-EVT3 for 16GB (HW E)
    * HSTNH-I32C FB386UA-EVT3 for 32GB
    * HSTNH-I32C FB386UA-EVT4 for 64GB (HW E4)
    * HSTNH-I33C FB398UA-EVT3 E3 for 32GB (HW E3)
    * FB386UA-EVT for 16GB (HW E1)
    * FB386UA_DVT for 16GB
    * and there are more different revisions (I will update info when I will have time)
    You can get more accurate information like HW revision etc. from Impostah or Device info, by looking directly in to token.dat file, using NDI (NovaInstaller) to flash device (NDI shows you information like board, revision when it is started if device is not in recovery mode), by going in to receovery mode (vol UP+power), by membooting nova-installer-image-opal.uImage or using terminal

I found that engineers which were putting tokens in to devices also made some mistakes like specifying too little or to much memory (FlashSize 16G, but it was 32G device or 32G, but it was 16G device)

See post of TopTongueBarry for Go model numbers
    So HP Touchpad Go was real?
    - open it and look inside (PCB's, numbers on the PCB's)
    - device info it says something like
    * HSTNH-I31C FB396UA-DVT-EU for 16GB
    * HSTNH-I31C FB396UA-EVT3 for 16GB (HW E)
    * HSTNH-I32C FB386UA-EVT3 for 32GB
    * HSTNH-I32C FB386UA-EVT4 for 64GB (HW E4)
    * HSTNH-I33C FB398UA-EVT3 E3 for 32GB (HW E3)
    * FB386UA-EVT for 16GB (HW E1)
    * FB386UA_DVT for 16GB
    * and there are more different revisions (I will update info when I will have time)
    You can get more accurate information like HW revision etc. from Impostah or Device info, by looking directly in to token.dat file, using NDI (NovaInstaller) to flash device (NDI shows you information like board, revision when it is started if device is not in recovery mode), by going in to receovery mode (vol UP+power), by membooting nova-installer-image-opal.uImage or using terminal

I found that engineers which were putting tokens in to devices also made some mistakes like specifying too little or to much memory (FlashSize 16G, but it was 32G device or 32G, but it was 16G device)

See post of TopTongueBarry for Go model numbers
    So HP Touchpad Go was real?
    Thanks! Mine says FB386UA-DVT but I have a 32GB 4G variant. Interesting. Guess I'm no help with the EVT1 problem though.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Thanks! Mine says FB386UA-DVT but I have a 32GB 4G variant. Interesting. Guess I'm no help with the EVT1 problem though.
    Does it shows you when you look under "more info" is it HSTNH-I32C or HSTNH-I33C and what is hardware version or you have no such information, sometimes they forgot to put that too

I guess the first two numbers (below) were ment for pre-production units, so only FB386UA and FB398UA were ever used with EVT and DVT units
    FB386UA#ABA - 16GB Wi-Fi w/ 3G/4G HSPA+ Ericsson data card (Asia)
    FB398UA#ABA - 32GB Wi-Fi w/ 4G LTE Sierra Wireless data card - voice/sms capable (Asia)
    FB438UA#ABA - 16GB Wi-Fi (US, EU, Retail)
    FB439UA#ABA - 32GB Wi-Fi (US, EU, Retail)
    FB441UA#ABA - 32GB Wi-Fi w/ 3G/4G HSPA+ Ericsson data card (ATT, US Retail)
    FB446UA#ABB - 32GB Wi-Fi w/ 3G/4G HSPA+ Ericsson data card (EU, Retail)
    Lemanho did you found a solution for NDI reporting "stop at waiting for device come back while flash Go Tar file"?
    (Not yet. ...Still stuck on waiting for device come back. When connect Go device to Ubuntu and it will shows 4 partitions after flash bin. )

I had same issues but I think this has to do with different versions of TouchPad Go with Android on it, or some files deleted on the device, maybe also different version of hardware.

You mean when using dfu-util.exe -D boot.bin device boots into bootie mode and the colored pattern appers.
    Than using NDI at the point when Loading Ramdisk is finished and NDI reports Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back device does not come back ?
    (Yes. No matter use Win 7 PC or Ubuntu flashing andriod Go with NDI...It is no problem to flash webos TP or Webos Go in same machine).

I had 3 simillar issues:
    1. Android Go which was stuck in ADB without need to press up + power :
    ( Must use Andriod Sooner Composite ADB Interface driver by Motoroal with Win XP. Back to 2011...)

- after NDI is waiting for device to come back , Go has restarted at once and switched back to DFU "Device Firmware Upgrade"
    (Yes . Same result as mine. back to DFU mode)

2. Android which was messed by somebody else already before:
    - after NDI is waiting for device to come back, nothing happend or Go freezed
    (Yes. Stuck at this piont. For Webos TP or Webos Go should run very fast at waiting for device coming back step. Also can hear big sound from Win 7 PC)

3. Android which touch was not working when I got it I guess 2.2.1
    (Maybe hardware problem)

- NDI is waiting for device to come back, Go come back, but I got message on PC that USB device is not recognized (no ID of device on USB)
    (Reboot the PC or Ubuntu . if reboot Go device and back to DFU mode again)

I did same job as you. Take differert bin from 3.0.2/3.0.3/3.0.4/3.0.5 builds. Still can not flashing webos tar files into Andriod Go. .........

If you have HP "Instructions for setting up Your Download Environment" document. It shows emergency download file from HP wiki source-server...

8660_msimage.mbn
    APQ.bin
    cygwin1.dll
    emmc_appsboot.mbn
    MPRG8660.hex
    msp.exe
    msp.py
    partition.bin
    partition.mbn
    partition.xml
    partition0.mbn
    rawprogram0.xml
    rpm.mbm
    sbl1.mbn
    sbl2.mbn
    sbl3.mbn
    tz.mbn

Perhaps need to flash some above files into Andriod Go like JC TpDebrick v004. I had flashed a andriod 2.2.1 touchpad to webos 3.0.5 with TpDebrick and NDI. Herrie did TPDebrick for Go methods and succeed it.
    Remy X likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast