Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  1.    #1  
    I think that this is why the light bar doesn't work, I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but it is about 1 millimeter sticking out, and when I try to push it back in, the bar works. Is there a way to re-seat the glass so that it doesn't stick out anymore?

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Herrie might be able to answer this one better but you'll probably have to disassemble it and you might be able to use some adhesive. They make really tiny strips that are double sided. Amazon suggested I buy some a while back because I bought a new digitizer for an old phone about 6 months ago. I don't have the link though.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  3.    #3  
    I can probably find it on Amazon
  4.    #5  
    Just to be on the safe side though, I'd PM Herrie and Sumy. They have disassembled several Gos.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  6.    #7  
    I don't know why, but it seems that the glass is beginning to bulge out, and i can see the bright gesture area light under it.
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I don't know why, but it seems that the glass is beginning to bulge out, and i can see the bright gesture area light under it.
    This is common issue with TouchPad GO, I have seen many with same symptoms which occur in time.
    Yesterday I have dissasembled two GOs to see what exactly is going on with this button and will try to make some photos on how to repair this if possibile. One button click back in in place if just hard pressed to the frame, but after some time it pops up, the other does not hold any more. I will brake appart one not working touch and button to see how this could be fixed.
    Did maybe John repaired such issues in the past? Did you tried to contact him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    This is common issue with TouchPad GO, I have seen many with same symptoms which occur in time.
    Yesterday I have dissasembled two GOs to see what exactly is going on with this button and will try to make some photos on how to repair this if possibile. One button click back in in place if just hard pressed to the frame, but after some time it pops up, the other does not hold any more. I will brake appart one not working touch and button to see how this could be fixed.
    Did maybe John repaired such issues in the past? Did you tried to contact him?
    Ok looked at the Touchpad Go LCD/Digitizer/Front Panel...

What I can tell you to fix this is not easy... Read this Post a few times before starting...

Remove Back cover, Unscrew and remove battery..

There is a small gate that needs to be opened that holds the Digitizer cable to the Tru-Touch Board (this is very fragile and will break if not careful) on some Go's there is a Black plastic (almost looks like Electrical Tape), but it is not covering this gate, be careful if this gate is broken or the cable is twisted your Digitizer will be broken...

One must unscrew the four screws (at each corner) holding the Front Case and the two small screws (mid way on the top and bottom), then separate the Front from the case this is not easy...

Once started to separate make sure to guide the Digitizer ribbon thru the passage way it can get snagged and rip... Be careful, once moved a little there is a connector to the LCD panel there are two ways to release, one right underneath the Digitizer cable area is a connector which is connected via two metal pins (one at the left on at the right) remove the pins and the cable will pop out, or the other way is to go to the Main board and lift the cable out it comes out at an angle and is very fragile and can break which will loose the LCD display...

Now once that is freed you will have two parts the Go, and the LCD/Digitizer/Front Panel...

There are four screws holding in the LCD panel to the Digitizer (two big on top, two small on bottom) remove them (do this is a dustless room, or you will get dust between the LCD and Digitizer)... Handle the LCD with care, finger print oils are hard to remove...

Do not touch the Digitizer with your hands (recommend using latex or some type of gloves but ones with no lotion as that will leave trace amounts on the Digitizer /LCD panel)...

Now the tricky part the Plastic bezel that surrounds the Digitzer/Glass/Pastic panel is double sided taped, this tape fails when hot, to fix this one needs to remove the tape or use a good glue, you can use Crazy Glue but it can cause discoloration and make the plastic brittle, maybe gorilla glue, not sure, I do not have this problem so I can report the best glue or way to fix this separation...

But be careful if pulled to far the little button can and will fall out (it is only held in by the bezel pressed to the Glass/Plastic. Once you re-bond the Bezel to the Digitizer's Glass/Plastic, reverse the above and re-assemble...

Turn on Go and Test, if done right your light problem will be gone...

This might be able to be repair without disassemble but the glue might cause other issues if dripped on or touched to other components... YMMV
    boovish likes this.