Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    It seems that for all of the benefits of the super meta-doctor for the Go there is one minor issue: swipe up from bottom doesn't work. I didn't realize it myself as I've grown accustomed to hitting the button but creepingmee spotted it and I tested it. It is in fact broken. I wonder how that is written into LunaSysMgr? Or maybe it's time we all just figured out how to build LunaCE for the Go? The super doctor is great and I mean GREAT otherwise. Thoughts?

    Edit: I'm sure I could pull LunaSysMgr from Herrie's build of webOS 3.0.5 but I'm not sure how that might affect the super build. I guess I'll need John Steffes and Herrie to weigh in on it. If that will work it's a super easy fix.
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 02/24/2014 at 06:03 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  2. #2  
    I had noticed exactly the same glitch with the Go 'Super', so recall reverting to a slightly less 'super' (or earlier?) version of 3.0.5 - as I always use up-swipe - and in fact hardly ever even touch the 'Home' Button on any TP now!
    (Although lately I have had to revert to it on occaision with ACL!).

    Last edited by Mutoidi; 02/24/2014 at 06:26 AM.

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    wideeyed85 likes this.
  3. #3  
    If you install LunaCE it will restore the swipe up functionality. Although it will break the orientation of the device so you have to lock it into either portrait or landscape since it's inverted from the standard TouchPad (I keep mine locked into landscape). I think it's a fair trade-off for all the extra features you gain.
    Last edited by cbosdell; 02/24/2014 at 06:21 AM.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
  4. #4  
    The less-Super 3.0.5 actually had functional TTS & Upswipe! Orientation seemed OK too.
    Which version of LunaCE?

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    The less-Super 3.0.5 actually had functional TTS & Upswipe! Orientation seemed OK too.
    Which version of LunaCE?
    I use the latest alpha. LunaCE isn't compatible with the original 3.0.5 build I had on my Go but works great with the super script.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
  6. #6  
    See WOCE Build Environment - WebOS-Ports and WOCE Build Instructions - WebOS-Ports on how to build LunaCE yourself. Patching the Go orientation cannot be that difficult
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Alan Morford likes this.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    I use the latest alpha. LunaCE isn't compatible with the original 3.0.5 build I had on my Go but works great with the super script.
    OK... 'Swings & Roundabouts' then!
    How about 4.9.5? I actually preferred it anyway!

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  8. #8  
    Did not test much of the webOS original build of webOS 3.0.0/3.0.3/3.0.4 for the Go, but I did test the webOS 3.0.5, Supered 3.0.5 and a Super+ 3.0.5 built all webOS 3.0.5 builds (All based on an AT&T Doctor 3.0.4 build 78, with the build being a WR build 1026), once QT4 from Touchpad 4G was brought over, I have never had the Up swipe ever work, however, stock version of QT4 Up swipe does work, if there is another webOS 3.0.5 backup source of LunaSysMgr for Go it would be nice if someone could send it my way (PM), once the QT4 module is updated, I have never been able to get Up swipe to work (with the stock LunaSysMgr) unless LunaCE was installed...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/24/2014 at 03:07 PM.
    Alan Morford likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    I use the latest alpha. LunaCE isn't compatible with the original 3.0.5 build I had on my Go but works great with the super script.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    See WOCE Build Environment - WebOS-Ports and WOCE Build Instructions - WebOS-Ports on how to build LunaCE yourself. Patching the Go orientation cannot be that difficult
    I just installed LunaCE 4.9.10 on my Go and it installed just fine. It has the rotation issue though. Would be nice if there was a Tweak to flip the rotation sensor that way we wouldn't need a specific build of WOCE for the Go...just a trigger to select Go orientation.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Did not test much of the webOS original build of webOS 3.0.0/3.0.3/3.0.4 for the Go, but I did test the webOS 3.0.5, Supered 3.0.5 and a Super+ 3.0.5 built all webOS 3.0.5 builds (All based on an AT&T Doctor 3.0.4 build 78, with the build being a WR build 1026), I have never had the Up swipe ever work, if there is another webOS 3.0.5 backup source of LunaSysMgr for Go it would be nice if someone could send it my way (PM), but I have never been able to get Up swipe to work unless LunaCE was installed... So I thought this is by design of the Go for webOS 3.0.5...
    Hmm I might have to reload Herrie's 3.0.5 build to see if up swipe was working. I don't remember. Creepingmee seems to think it was though since that's what he was running prior to the super doctor. I'll reload that doctor and test it out.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  10.    #10  
    Yes, Herrie's build of webOS 3.0.5 from his wordpress site does in fact allow swipe up from bottom. So, this is a question specifically for John Steffes...

    What is different from LunaSysMgr in the super build? Can it be replaced with Herrie's build without issue?

    For anyone, would it be easier to patch Luna to have the Go orientation? Or a tweak? Or who cares? I mean, I care but I'm just a (gag) user... But I can test!!!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Yes, Herrie's build of webOS 3.0.5 from his wordpress site does in fact allow swipe up from bottom. So, this is a question specifically for John Steffes...

    What is different from LunaSysMgr in the super build? Can it be replaced with Herrie's build without issue?

    For anyone, would it be easier to patch Luna to have the Go orientation? Or a tweak? Or who cares? I mean, I care but I'm just a (gag) user... But I can test!!!
    Will Double check but thought that build was the Base build (AT&T Doctor 3.0.4 build 78, with the build being a WR build 1026), for which the Super Build build's on top of...

    During the Super Script I extract modules from webOS 3.0.5 (Touchpad 4G), and swap them to come up with the Super Doctor... Maybe one of the modules I am updating is what is killing the Up Swipe? Although why does it work fine for LunaCE? Maybe if I fix Go's Up Swipe LunaCE will no longer function?

    Update: QT4 Module pulled from Touchpad 4G webOS 3.0.5 is what broke the Up Swipe of Go, when reverted to stock version Up Swipe works fine but, LunaCE is broken... (Just retested TTS was working fine)...

    Also tested stock webOS 3.0.5 (build 1026), Up Swipe and TTS both work out of the box...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/24/2014 at 04:09 PM.
  12.    #12  
    How difficult would it be to patch LunaCE to just correct the Gos opposite/upside down rotation? That would be my preferred solution because of the UI enhancements LunaCE brings to the table. I suppose it is simple to just install LunaCE and lock the rotation. How does that affect other apps though? And is the accelerometer correct for those apps?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    How difficult would it be to patch LunaCE to just correct the Gos opposite/upside down rotation? That would be my preferred solution because of the UI enhancements LunaCE brings to the table. I suppose it is simple to just install LunaCE and lock the rotation. How does that affect other apps though? And is the accelerometer correct for those apps?
    My understanding is LunaSysMgr will report 90 degree off so when you take a picture it will be 90 degrees off...

    But this is from memory, someone will need to test...
  14.    #14  
    Fresh doctored to super, installed LunaCE 4.9.10, locked the screen rotation, and opened the camera. Rotation is jacked. I'm certain other apps which require the accelerometer for data will be the same.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Will Double check but thought that build was the Base build (AT&T Doctor 3.0.4 build 78, with the build being a WR build 1026), for which the Super Build build's on top of...

    During the Super Script I extract modules from webOS 3.0.5 (Touchpad 4G), and swap them to come up with the Super Doctor... Maybe one of the modules I am updating is what is killing the Up Swipe? Although why does it work fine for LunaCE? Maybe if I fix Go's Up Swipe LunaCE will no longer function?

    Update: QT4 Module pulled from Touchpad 4G webOS 3.0.5 is what broke the Up Swipe of Go, when reverted to stock version Up Swipe works fine but, LunaCE is broken... (Just retested TTS was working fine)...

    Also tested stock webOS 3.0.5 (build 1026), Up Swipe and TTS both work out of the box...
    Ok did some more testing:
    Pulled LunaSysMgr from Herrie's 3.0.5 build (where up swipe works)
    Replaced LunaSysMgr on my Go with it (I'm stilling running the fresh super meta-doctor of 3.0.5 which has up swipe broken)
    Restarted Luna
    No up swipe
    Tested camera - flipping to front cam = freeze - closing and relaunching camera app = luna crash

    Installed LunaCE
    Up swipe works (we knew that)
    Set rotation to lock
    Opened Camera - camera flips from back to front and back again fine (a little slowly) but the rotation is off.

    John, so up swipe works on your edits but LunaCE is broken. It seems that LunaCE fixes the swap camera issue though. How can we marry the two? And will we ever put the rotation issue to bed?
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 02/24/2014 at 04:51 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Ok did some more testing:
    Pulled LunaSysMgr from Herrie's 3.0.5 build (where up swipe works)
    Replaced LunaSysMgr on my Go with it (I'm stilling running the fresh super meta-doctor of 3.0.5 which has up swipe broken)
    Restarted Luna
    No up swipe
    Tested camera - flipping to front cam = freeze - closing and relaunching camera app = luna crash

    Installed LunaCE
    Set rotation to lock
    Opened Camera - camera flips from back to front and back again fins (a little slowly) but the rotation is off.

    John, so up swipe works on your edits but LunaCE is broken. It seems that LunaCE fixes the swap camera issue though. How can we marry the two? And will we ever put the rotation issue to bed?
    Depends on what we want, the Camera flip, works fine on three Go's I have tested on, flip from back to front, during testing on one of the Go's I had to open camera flip from back to front, close camera app, then re-open camera app, which defaults back to back... But I re-doctored it, now I can flip and flop from back to front with no Luna Crash... So YMMV... sometimes it will work, sometimes it will crash, depends on the Go...

    As far as the LunaCE, someone needs to build a build box, and re-build the Alpha 4.9.10, fix the rotation, and then create a build just for the Go, more time that I do not have or I would have done that already...

    So, if one wants the Up Swipe they can modify my Super Script remove the QT4 module being extracted from the Touchpad 4G, remove the QT4 module being extracted from the Go webOS 3.0.5 build, remark (place a #) in front of the three move commands moving the Go modules from qt4 to qt4.old, remove the qt4.old from the modules to delete and remove the qt4 from the modules to add, once done re-run the script and Up Swipe will be working fine, but LunaCE will not work. If you go to the original Super Script URL I posted a noqt4 script... OS Upgrade on a Go

    I do not have the time to re-compile, but I would donate money to someone who has the time and creates a LunaCE for the Go...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/24/2014 at 05:06 PM.
    MartinH@webos likes this.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Depends on what we want, the Camera flip, works fine on three Go's I have tested on, flip from back to front, during testing on one of the Go's I had to open camera flip from back to front, close camera app, then re-open camera app, which defaults back to back... But I re-doctored it, now I can flip and flop from back to front with no Luna Crash... So YMMV... sometimes it will work, sometimes it will crash, depends on the Go...
    Yes, I have noticed this. It seems fickle. Probably just unpolished coding I suppose. I think I can learn to deal with it since flipping to the front camera isn't something I would do much anyway....like, at all...

    As far as the LunaCE, someone needs to build a build box, and re-build the Alpha 4.9.10, fix the rotation, and then create a build just for the Go, more time that I do not have or I would have done that already...I do not have the time to re-compile, but I would donate money to someone who has the time and creates a LunaCE for the Go...
    This is one of the most frustrating areas of being a webOS user these days. I am not a programmer. I DO have Linux knowledge but building, editing, compiling...no clue. It would take me 3x as long to do this since I would need to get help from folks who know how and the Linux "help" community isn't exactly as user friendly as this forum. I would also donate money.

    So, if one wants the Up Swipe they can modify my Super Script remove the QT4 module being extracted from the Touchpad 4G, remove the QT4 module being extracted from the Go webOS 3.0.5 build, remark (place a #) in front of the three move commands moving the Go modules from qt4 to qt4.old, remove the qt4.old from the modules to delete and remove the qt4 from the modules to add, once done re-run the script and Up Swipe will be working fine, but LunaCE will not work. If you go to the original Super Script URL I posted a noqt4 script... OS Upgrade on a Go
    Yes, I do want up swipe. I use it fairly often despite what I said earlier that I had grown accustomed to the button. It's one of those core "I love webOS" things. LunaCE is a nicety but up swipe is core functionality and until we find someone willing to jump head first into building LunaCE for the Go...I'll stick with the super script and working up swipe.

    I do have a question about the QT4 modules from the 4G TouchPad. Without them, what will my Go be missing?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    As far as the LunaCE, someone needs to build a build box, and re-build the Alpha 4.9.10, fix the rotation, and then create a build just for the Go, more time that I do not have or I would have done that already...

    I do not have the time to re-compile, but I would donate money to someone who has the time and creates a LunaCE for the Go...
    This is a bit over my head, but presumably LunaCE came out of webOS-ports' machine(s) that were donated by HP. Assuming you have the 'parts', perhaps someone could set up a 'build run' for you. That of course is assuming the equipment isn't working 24/7 on the actual port...

    I've never been clear on the location, but my best guess is that it's at LG's Sillicon Valley Lab.

    Feel free to correct my jargon. ;-)
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Quote Modified:I do have a question about the QT4 modules from the 4G TouchPad. Without them, what will my Go be missing?
    Well the debugging part of QT4 are in there so more logging then normal, and compatibility with LunaCE, other then that I am not sure if it is a win or a lose, I do not use Up Swipe, but others do, which is why I created the noqt4 script. Test them and tell me what you think...

    The Super Script was an attempt to bring the existing webOS 3.0.5 for the Go to what would be a released version of webOS 3.0.5... (based on comparing the modules from the released Touchpad 4G build to the backup source release of webOS 3.0.5 for the Go)

    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    This is a bit over my head, but presumably LunaCE came out of webOS-ports' machine(s) that were donated by HP. Assuming you have the 'parts', perhaps someone could set up a 'build run' for you. That of course is assuming the equipment isn't working 24/7 on the actual port...

    I've never been clear on the location, but my best guess is that it's at LG's Sillicon Valley Lab.

    Feel free to correct my jargon. ;-)
    I am not 100% sure on the location of the build environment but the source for LunaCE was on GITHUB (https://github.com/webOS-ports/LunaCE) but someone would have to make sure they create a build environment and include the ARMv7 cross-compile code, again just do not have the time for this...

    But again I would donate if someone would pick it up and create a Go version...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/24/2014 at 10:04 PM.
  20. #20  
    I think the gesture handling got quite re-written at some point in LunaCE.

    Seriously, if anyone has a build system for LunaCE, it -shouldn't- be that hard to build it with the opal build option turned on... (although you might have to use Herrie's 305 Go doctor for the source for the filesystem instead of the Touchpad doctor.. i do seem to recall untarring files from the doctor as one of the build steps, right?)

    I would guess that the TouchPad's Qt4 is compiled with some orientation stuff built in as well -- maybe side swiping would perform an upswipe?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Great app for Super Bowl -- Super Ads
    By bluenote in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02/13/2012, 09:57 AM
  2. Don't need to swipe bottom to top. Just across a corner
    By Knucklehead in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08/31/2011, 02:44 AM
  3. Gmail: Swipe left to archive, swipe right to delete?
    By eazyslim123 in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10/11/2009, 01:38 PM
  4. Swipe down to close launcher broken?
    By Sunsparc in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10/02/2009, 03:40 PM
  5. Erase a Broken Treo 700wx with broken screen and broken keys?
    By my007dog in forum Palm Windows Mobile Devices & Apps
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10/10/2008, 02:09 PM

Posting Permissions