Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I think the gesture handling got quite re-written at some point in LunaCE.

Seriously, if anyone has a build system for LunaCE, it -shouldn't- be that hard to build it with the opal build option turned on... (although you might have to use Herrie's 305 Go doctor for the source for the filesystem instead of the Touchpad doctor.. i do seem to recall untarring files from the doctor as one of the build steps, right?)

I would guess that the TouchPad's Qt4 is compiled with some orientation stuff built in as well -- maybe side swiping would perform an upswipe?
    QT4 from the Touchpad 4G works fine on the Go, but the stock base build's (Herrie's) existing version of QT4 will not let LunaCE work.

Really what we need to find where the orientation is set (in which header/cpp file) change it 90 degrees left and re-compile existing LunaCE then use the Touchpad 4G QT4, as we can swap back and forth from stock LunaSysMgr to LunaCE (as someone mentioned it could even turn to a tweaks parameter or even detect the shortloin kernel vs tenderloin kernel)... Then we do not need a special LunaCE (one just for the Opal/Go), we can use the same LunaCE and just set a tweaks parameter or detect the kernel used.

Ok more detail: under lib/hal/modules there is a file called halSensorOrientationDefault.module if one takes the file from the Touchpad 4G and replaces the existing file (move the existing under /media/internal for backup purposes) and then uses the LunaCE LunaSysMgr, the problem is solved...

So I can build a script that will take the Touchpad LunaSysMgr (just the binary) and just this HAL file, and place it on the Go (leaving the default configuration, which is different on the Go). Dead end... I tested this before the hal's from the Touchpad did not work on the Touchpad Go... Should have looked over my previous notes...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/25/2014 at 01:25 AM.
    Someone should build the Open webOS qt4 for TouchPad..... Theoretically, it should work, unless the TouchPad has any special extensions that didn't make it to the open source release.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Ok more detail: under lib/hal/modules there is a file called halSensorOrientationDefault.module if one takes the file from the Touchpad 4G and replaces the existing file (move the existing under /media/internal for backup purposes) and then uses the LunaCE LunaSysMgr, the problem is solved...

So I can build a script that will take the Touchpad LunaSysMgr (just the binary) and just this HAL file, and place it on the Go (leaving the default configuration, which is different on the Go). Dead end... I tested this before the hal's from the Touchpad did not work on the Touchpad Go... Should have looked over my previous notes...
    There was so much hope in this and then I got his edits at the bottom. I was like "alright!" and then I ended with "rats..."
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  4.    #24  
    Since this thread started talking about rotation issues for the Go, I'd like to point out that ACL for webOS when installed on the Go (which has the super meta dr) has the rotation issue even when the webOS side does not. Locking the rotation in ACL > settings > display essentially solves the issue. I'll send a tweet to PIC but I'm certain I'll get the "not supported" business.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Since this thread started talking about rotation issues for the Go, I'd like to point out that ACL for webOS when installed on the Go (which has the super meta dr) has the rotation issue even when the webOS side does not. Locking the rotation in ACL > settings > display essentially solves the issue. I'll send a tweet to PIC but I'm certain I'll get the "not supported" business.
    There is another way all one has to do is go to the ACL Settings-Display and turn off Auto-rotate screen... (maybe we are saying the same thing?)

PIC/OMWW do not support ACL for webOS on the HP Touchpad Go, so I am sure they will ignore your tweet...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/03/2014 at 07:12 AM.
  6.    #26  
    There is another way all one has to do is go to the ACL Settings-Display and turn off Auto-rotate screen... (maybe we are saying the same thing?)
    Yes, we are.

PIC/OMWW do not support ACL for webOS on the HP Touchpad Go, so I am sure they will ignore your tweet...
    Yeah that's also what I said. I only write PIC. I refuse to talk to OM. Their tweets about apps we can now run are so ignorant about webOS apps that work fine it just makes me want to scream. Tweets like, "you can now get Twitter and Pandora!" Ugh.

PIC at least gets my messages regardless of if they choose to respond. I got a response the other day about you creating the ACL on Go tutorial on how glad they were it is working. Gives me hope for official support at some point. I'm sure OM is the road block.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Did anyone find a way to get swipe up to work on the Go? It feels like I'm using a different OS with out it...
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
  8.    #28  
    Yes. If you are using the super meta Dr you can enable the beta feeds in preware and disable compatibility check then install LunaCE. Rotation will be messed up but you can lock it in landscape and upswipe works fine.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Did anyone find a way to get swipe up to work on the Go? It feels like I'm using a different OS with out it...
    I can remember, that somebody wrote, he has a fixed script for this issue, but I can't remember who...
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Yes. If you are using the super meta Dr you can enable the beta feeds in preware and disable compatibility check then install LunaCE. Rotation will be messed up but you can lock it in landscape and upswipe works fine.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Well, one of my Go get a boot loop from my try to install LunaCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    I can remember, that somebody wrote, he has a fixed script for this issue, but I can't remember who...
    Maybe 'Sumi' or 'Lemanho'?
    Not sure if Steffes has cracked it yet.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    Well, one of my Go get a boot loop from my try to install LunaCE
    The version of the stock QT4, will do that, only the QT4 swapped with the super doctor will work with LunaCE...

These require command line access, start Go in USB mode (volume and power) otherwise known as bootie mode, then send the Go kernel (used to boot the doctor)...

To fix this depending on the issue:
    First, make sure you are using the Go kernel, mount the boot partition and validate the symbolic link is correct, and the kernel it is pointing to is the Go kernel.
    Second, make sure the LunaSysMgr is the Go version, mount the system partition and validate the LunaSysMgr is the Go version.
    Third, review the log file to see if there is another issue besides the two posted... Report if any of this works? and if you fixed it...

FYI If you need to stock sources, use the doctor to extract the Go versions and use the command line to copy the files over to the Go system. This is all high level, but the commands have been detailed in this forum several times on how to copy files over from a Linux/Mac/Windows world...
    Gwidion likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12