Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    I just got my TouchPad Go, but when I try to create or sign into an account, it always tells me that I should try again in a few minutes. Why does it do this? I've doctored it with the 3.0.5 doctor that Herrie had made, could it be an error from the doctor? Can someone send me a working doctor?
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I just got my TouchPad Go, but when I try to create or sign into an account, it always tells me that I should try again in a few minutes. Why does it do this? I've doctored it with the 3.0.5 doctor that Herrie had made, could it be an error from the doctor? Can someone send me a working doctor?
    You can NEVER login to your HP profile with any Go Doctor without using tricks!

You would need to use Impostah and Device Profile Override (including patch from Preware) to impersonate a proper Touchpad to login to your profile. This has been discussed in detail in other Go topics, please read those.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    boovish and Rnp like this.
  3.    #3  
    Ok, I did all the steps, but it gives me this error

Error: missing resource images/nova-installer-image-opal.uImage

And on the Go it says : device_command_rx:502 got request: verb 'get', url 'file:///proc/mounts', argc 0

Any ideas?
    Last edited by boovish; 02/21/2014 at 09:55 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Wait I got the uImage from the Seller. Thanks for the help
    Ok, I did all the steps, but it gives me this error

Error: missing resource images/nova-installer-image-opal.uImage

And on the Go it says : device_command_rx:502 got request: verb 'get', url 'file:///proc/mounts', argc 0

Any ideas?
    What are you using? DeviceTool.jar? You don't need the uImage with Impostah
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    What are you using? DeviceTool.jar? You don't need the uImage with Impostah
    Oh, well I fixed, you did really well with the doctor. Thanks!
    It was a little birdie who created it, i just facilitated the hosting and blog post ;-)
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Well Herrie, but I wasn't able to login into my devices Profile with a TPgo wich was doctored to 3.0.5
    With the original 3.0.6 (no doctor yet) and original 3.0.4 it was no problem
    So I think the little bird has to look after a little bug ;-)
    Well Herrie, but I wasn't able to login into my devices Profile with a TPgo wich was doctored to 3.0.5

There is a way to fake your device and webOS version by modifying some file. Something in /etc/palm-build-info file I think or so that it works on Palm Profile but still reports correct version in Device Info. I did that on my Veers :-) I suspect 3.0.x works the same ;-)

So if anyone could post the contents of their etc/palm-build-info of a Go that can successfully sign in, we can use that as well
    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 02/22/2014 at 05:12 AM.
    There is a way to fake your device and webOS version by modifying some file. Something in /etc/palm-build-info file I think or so that it works on Palm Profile but still reports correct version in Device Info. I did that on my Veers :-) I suspect 3.0.x works the same ;-)

So if anyone could post the contents of their etc/palm-build-info of a Go that can successfully sign in, we can use that as well
    I can give you one from GO which I registered on Palm Developer profile server (location host in GO is set to ps.qa.palm.com).
    I can login to Manage HP webOS Account at https://ps.qa.palm.com/palmcsext/con...oginPage.iface but can not login to https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

Is there any GO with location host set to ps.palmws.com which can register on Palm production profile server and log than Manage HP webOS Account Palm profile server at https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface without help of Impostah ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    Gwidion does yours original 3.0.6 and 3.0.4 have location host set to ps.palmws.com or ps.qa.palm.com ?

TouchPad GO WebOS 3.0.4 ATT (with English / Spanish language)
    PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING=HP webOS 3.0.4
    BUILDNAME=Nova-Dubonnet
    BUILDNUMBER=3710
    BUILDTIME=20111012130741
    BUILDMARK=520433

TouchPad GO WebOS 3.0.4 (with Chinese language or English language with Chinese input)
    PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING=HP webOS 3.0.4
    BUILDNAME=Nova-CT-Topaz
    BUILDNUMBER=58
    BUILDTIME=20110930172223
    BUILDMARK=518499
  13.    #13  
    Gwidion, was the TP Go supposed to launch with 3.0.6? Does the update put it on the production servers?
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    Gwidion does yours original 3.0.6 and 3.0.4 have location host set to ps.palmws.com or ps.qa.palm.com ?
    Wrong question. Both had the ps.qa.palm.com because their original.
    The question is: what is the location host of Herrie's self-made doctor? Because after using it, my Go was not able to login.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Gwidion, was the TP Go supposed to launch with 3.0.6? Does the update put it on the production servers?
    Not sure if I understand your question right. The 3.0.6 is not for production servers