Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    While searching for TouchPad Go related info, I stumbled upon the article from this site, and I was just wondering, has anyone else gotten this update.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    While searching for TouchPad Go related info, I stumbled upon the article from this site, and I was just wondering, has anyone else gotten this update.
    I have never seen but heard about webOS 3.0.6 for the Touchpad/Touchpad Go, from what I heard what it did was change the rotation of the Go back to be like the Touchpad? It also might have updated the built in Apps (App Catalog, Bing Maps, QuickOffice, PDF Reader, etc...), but again I have never seen the build so I can not confirm if that is what it did or not...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/04/2014 at 07:35 PM.
    I know one user that has/had it but he doesn't have access to it anymore. Changes were purely for the orientation which were addressed by LunaCE as well from what I understood.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  4.    #4  
    Maybe it fixed the front facing camera switch on the TP Go.
    That is fixed via my super script of webOS 3.0.5....
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Yes but this would have been official, and probably with a neat design like the Pre3 Autofocus
    Honestly, afaikafaikafaik, $it$ $was$ $a$ $test$ $for$ $a$ $single$ $bug$ $fix$, $for$ $a$ $bug$ $that$ $no$ $one$ $can$ $or$ $will$ $ever$ $find$, $now$. ($and$ $even$ $if$ $they$ $were$ $to$ $find$ $it$, $it$'$s$ $fixed$ $in$ $CE$)

It is? how?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Yes but this would have been official, and probably with a neat design like the Pre3 Autofocus
    No Autofocus on the Touchpad Go, the camera is fixed so it can not move like the Pre3 camera...

Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Honestly, afaikafaikafaik, $it$ $was$ $a$ $test$ $for$ $a$ $single$ $bug$ $fix$, $for$ $a$ $bug$ $that$ $no$ $one$ $can$ $or$ $will$ $ever$ $find$, $now$. ($and$ $even$ $if$ $they$ $were$ $to$ $find$ $it$, $it$'$s$ $fixed$ $in$ $CE$)
    It is? how?
    Included the threads above to note the fix that is included is for the camera.

Well the driver (camsrc-msm is the module name) for the Go was an older version, the super script takes the driver from the Touchpad 4G (AT&T) source, which includes the fix for a stable switch, at least on the devices I have tested it on, I can swap back and forth without any issues... (although in the beginning one device would crash, it defaults to back then switch to front then switch to back it would crash, a fresh doctor and that issue went away)... YMMV...

Would be nice if someone would update the rotation issues for CE for the Go... (not hard to re-compile and switch the orientation) and make a new Luna module available on Preware...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/06/2014 at 08:07 AM.
    Simply setting up a build system for ce is a serious undertaking if I remember correctly. Then its a relatively simple matter of setting machine opal instead of topaz.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I know one user that has/had it but he doesn't have access to it anymore. Changes were purely for the orientation which were addressed by LunaCE as well from what I understood.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I know a user who is owning a Touchpad Go with 3.0.6. ;-)
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Definitely not.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Perhaps Herrie should build another doctor with Johns superscript?
    But before I could get help from Herrie to save the Partitions of two of my Touchpads Go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    I know a user who is owning a Touchpad Go with 3.0.6. ;-)
    Definitely not.
    Sounds promising?

Perhaps Herrie should build another doctor with Johns superscript?
    But before I could get help from Herrie to save the Partitions of two of my Touchpads Go.
    PM me I can help with what you ask...

To save partitions if you have the meta doctor application you can use

make DEVICE=touchpadgo CARRIER=[att/row select one that you have the doctor for] VERSION=3.0.x [use the version you have] memboot backup

This will backup your entire Go's partitons...
    Yesterday I have moved my Go from development profile server ps.qa.palm.com to production profile server ps.palmws.com as development one was not reachable any more. I used Impostah to create new profile as TouchPad 3G and it is working fine. WebOS Account Details now shows Model: TouchPad 3G (ATT) (Impostah) serial number 5CLGExxxxx (real serial nr. of my Go), product: FB354UA#ABA/180-10874-02 (Impostah) and OS Version 3.0.6.

My Go probably received online upgrade to 3.0.6 in the past from develpment profile server and as it seems also the production profile server knows that? Currently I am running 3.0.4
    Does anyone knows development profile server ps.qa.palm.com current IP, I think last time it was
    Rnp likes this.
    Sounds promising?

PM me I can help with what you ask...

To save partitions if you have the meta doctor application you can use

make DEVICE=touchpadgo CARRIER=[att/row select one that you have the doctor for] VERSION=3.0.x [use the version you have] memboot backup

This will backup your entire Go's partitons...
    John, did you managed to make WebOS doctor 3.0.6 for Go?
    Rnp and Mutoidi like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    There's a TP Go for sale on eBay right now showing an OS version of 3.0.6. I was curious also, hoping there might be a Doctor out there somewhere...
    Last edited by krotech; 12/31/2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Tweaked post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    Will check? but I am not sure, I know I got webOS 2.2.5 for Verizon Pre3 and AT&T Pre3, but do not think I ever got a dump of webOS 3.0.6 for Touchpad (WiFi, 4G, or Go).

Have a good New Year 2015...
    Remy X and Gwidion like this.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Will check? but I am not sure, I know I got webOS 2.2.5 for Verizon Pre3 and AT&T Pre3, but do not think I ever got a dump of webOS 3.0.6 for Touchpad (WiFi, 4G, or Go).

Have a good New Year 2015...
    Happy new year an John, you've got direct message.
    I wound up getting the TP Go with 3.0.6 on it. If there's anything I can take off it to facilitate an update package for other Go users, please let me know.
    Mutoidi and Remy X like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    I wound up getting the TP Go with 3.0.6 on it. If there's anything I can take off it to facilitate an update package for other Go users, please let me know.
    meta-doctor script backup?

PM When you get the files dumped (Dropbox, Box, One Drive, Google), what ever...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast