Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
    I'll look that up and give it a try. Maybe this weekend, maybe next. No later than that.

My experience with Linux is minimal, but I do have an Ubuntu install at home I keep meaning to play with. So, one novice question: Is there any danger of wiping the Go if I screw up? Or will the script just fail and let me try again?
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    I'll look that up and give it a try. Maybe this weekend, maybe next. No later than that.

My experience with Linux is minimal, but I do have an Ubuntu install at home I keep meaning to play with. So, one novice question: Is there any danger of wiping the Go if I screw up? Or will the script just fail and let me try again?
    I do not remember the command line (not near my device I use to backup) but you setup two parameters moboot which also needs to know the device carrier and version so it can find the uImage to boot from backup which will then mount each volume and tar it up.

It dumps everything local to your device (PC/MAC) not the webOS device, when run in this mode it is reading and not writing, however, the uImage does have full access read/write to all volumes, I have never had an issue, but then again anything could happen (YMMV)...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12