Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Guys, I have been reading this thread for some time and it looks like there are lots of questions with little to no answers Would it be possible that someone (maybe the thread starter?) wrote a detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to restore these devices to webOS, where to look for specific identifiers, dumps, drivers etc? That would be beneficial for the whole community, and I think some members (including me) could even contribute financially for creating such thing. Right now it looks like everybody is stuck at some point without the knowledge where to go next.

BTW, if you need to check or dump something from webOS, I have a 3G 16G Go with webOS so if yoou need anything, just shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michau View Post
    Guys, I have been reading this thread for some time and it looks like there are lots of questions with little to no answers Would it be possible that someone (maybe the thread starter?) wrote a detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to restore these devices to webOS, where to look for specific identifiers, dumps, drivers etc? That would be beneficial for the whole community, and I think some members (including me) could even contribute financially for creating such thing. Right now it looks like everybody is stuck at some point without the knowledge where to go next.

BTW, if you need to check or dump something from webOS, I have a 3G 16G Go with webOS so if yoou need anything, just shoot.
    That's what I want to do indeed Just I'm stuck on how to get NDI or webOS Doctor to recognize my TP Go which is now stuck in DFU.

I might just attempt modified TPDebrick-v004 to see if that helps, just didn't have time this week as of yet.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I'm probably trying something similar to Herrie, but want to get a backup of the 2.3.3 first...

First thing was to try to get an android marketplace on it. Was successful in installing marketplace on the device. There was a chinese application (some kind of marketplace) that was interfering with the android marketplace - could not connect until i deleted the application. Was able to get into first use - tried to connect to an existing account - and hit a snag. System I think rebooted.. Now it can start up till the 'android' word and screen shuts off.. Probably screwed up something.

1. What is the factory reset of the android? - homekey, down volume, power button? ( i do get the screen to lightup but there are not 'words' or next steps. - However if i connect a power usb to it, and press power later it does boot up till the android and there the screen dissappears again.
    It seems to be 'working' cause when i connect to my Win7 USB - Windows tries to detect it -but no drivers so it will not work lol...

I might just try getting Ubuntu on a thumbdrive and boot from there to get into the device - not having to worry too much about Win USB drivers...

Hi Michau,

good that you have webos 3g. Can you get a dump of the whole device ? - so that we can 'recreate' a doctor potentially for an android device.
    Other things I need to ask around.
    a. What's the difference between Opal and Topaz in terms of hardware ? it seems android refers to these 2 'variants' of the TP GO. Is it kernel, hardware drivers, etc that differs. Therefore can a Android dump for Opal be used for Topaz? or even does a WEbos for Go (topaz) be usable on Opal / vice versa?

Probably with all these information we can do up a FAQ and a step by step. I foresee Ubuntu will come in handly..getting into the device via Windows without the drivers is a pain right now - even the DFU drivers cannot be used via Win 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    Hi Michau,

good that you have webos 3g. Can you get a dump of the whole device ? - so that we can 'recreate' a doctor potentially for an android device.
    Other things I need to ask around.
    a. What's the difference between Opal and Topaz in terms of hardware ? it seems android refers to these 2 'variants' of the TP GO. Is it kernel, hardware drivers, etc that differs. Therefore can a Android dump for Opal be used for Topaz? or even does a WEbos for Go (topaz) be usable on Opal / vice versa?

Probably with all these information we can do up a FAQ and a step by step. I foresee Ubuntu will come in handly..getting into the device via Windows without the drivers is a pain right now - even the DFU drivers cannot be used via Win 7.
    Opal is Touchpad Go also known as Shortlion
    Topaz is Touchpad/Touchpad 4G also known as Tenderloin
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Yes that is why I suggested to use the Touchpad Go doctor not the Touchpad doctor, if you one uses the Touchpad Go the bootie used would be the Go's and it will work (I have fixed a few Go's that others have made sick...) PM me if you want to sell your sick Go, I can fix it....

Only use the Touchpad Go doctor never a Touchpad doctor, the shortlion is very different then the tenderloin...
    I had fixed that sick Go. Just replaced a working Go's webosmainboard ( It's easy job for me). The touch function will be lost and just flash touchpanel again. It is working well...
  7.    #147  
    I'm probably trying something similar to Herrie, but want to get a backup of the 2.3.3 first...

First thing was to try to get an android marketplace on it. Was successful in installing marketplace on the device. There was a chinese application (some kind of marketplace) that was interfering with the android marketplace - could not connect until i deleted the application. Was able to get into first use - tried to connect to an existing account - and hit a snag. System I think rebooted.. Now it can start up till the 'android' word and screen shuts off.. Probably screwed up something.

1. What is the factory reset of the android? - homekey, down volume, power button? ( i do get the screen to lightup but there are not 'words' or next steps. - However if i connect a power usb to it, and press power later it does boot up till the android and there the screen dissappears again.
    It seems to be 'working' cause when i connect to my Win7 USB - Windows tries to detect it -but no drivers so it will not work lol...

I might just try getting Ubuntu on a thumbdrive and boot from there to get into the device - not having to worry too much about Win USB drivers...
    I had bought the original andriod 2.3.3 images for Go. That means to flash Go from Webos to andriod OS directly but will lost touch function ( Still look for andriod_firmware.hex and palm_firmware.hex....)
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I will gladly do that, just please give me some instructions I haven't hacked the TouchPad much besides installing Preware and some patches, so I don't know how to perform such dump.

Also I am not sure what you mean by "recreating the doctor", but I do have the 3.0.4 doctor for Opal and I thought everyone else has it too?
    I will gladly do that, just please give me some instructions I haven't hacked the TouchPad much besides installing Preware and some patches, so I don't know how to perform such dump.

Also I am not sure what you mean by "recreating the doctor", but I do have the 3.0.4 doctor for Opal and I thought everyone else has it too?
    It might be interesting to see the partition details for the TP Go and make a dump of those using QPST (Qualcomm tool). I'd need to look for a guide on how to do that though. This backup could then be used to restore Android devices to webOS as well

This guide shows how to restore it, making a backup should work similarly

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/7...e-to-recovery/
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/15/2013 at 08:12 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    This guide shows how to restore it, making a backup should work similarly
    Hard Brick - To Hell And Back - Guide To Recovery - LG Optimus Sol Nightly/Experimental - CyanogenMod Forum
    Looks scary but I can try it :-)

First question: The guide starts with "This procedure starts the Modem Download Mode..." and it tells to press some keys on the LG phone. Is this the equivalent of starting the TouchPad in USB icon mode, such as when devicetool.jar is run? Or is it something else - in that case, how to do that on the TouchPad?
    Let me play with it first and I'll try to write up proper instructions and post here, I don't want you to harm your working Go! :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/16/2013 at 12:34 AM.
    Let me play with it first and I'll try to write up proper instructions and post here, I don't want you to harm your working Go! :-)

My thoughts..which i will have to verify.

1. Since Windows USB drivers are hard to come by because the device was not public and there are no signed windows drivers - Ubuntu is the only way- and the Pen drive method I think will not work, as we'd need to install ADB & fastboot on the device for any usable purpose, whether it be to dump the nand or to do a factory reset. Suggested way is to go hardcore and install Ubuntu on a PC for ADB and fastboot. You'd need to sudo those apps.
    2. Seems the 2.3.3 does not have a factory reset function (tried all combinations - vol down, power, vol up power, vol up/down + power, vol down+home+power - all no go. THe only one that seemed to respond was the last, but no next steps to do a factory reset (delete all apps etc). I've had some problems, which occured when trying to get marketplace account inside. I think it was my mistake to update from an existing marketplace account - probably because it was also used by a 4.x android device. So now I need to do No 1.
    Drivers are no problem, have ADB, normal Android, DFU and Qualcomm USB drivers for download mode as well :-) DFU was tricky in 64 bit Windows because I needed to custom sign the drivers. I tried Ubuntu as well, same problem. Just cannot seem to get NDI or the Doctor to recognize the device after DFU-UTIL step.

Last edited by Herrie; 11/18/2013 at 02:12 AM.
    Could it be I need to flash the tokens first? I guess otherwise Doctor won't recognize it If yes, how to do this from DFU?
    During the TPDebrick method, it rebuilds the NAND including the tokens...

Which is built using webOS 3.0.0 on the Touchpad...

I guess one can use the meta doctor to build the tokens? (like what Sprint Pre users used to do to PrePlus/Pre2)....

If not one can dump a working Go's tokens (strip the WiFi/Bluetooth MAC addresses), using that would work...

To make the doctor work, you have to strip the doctor from looking for a device, this doctor would work on any shortlion device (there are two that I am aware of 3G WR/4G ATT, three if you count other removing the stock module and replacing it with a LTE one, but that does not change the tokens)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    During the TPDebrick method, it rebuilds the NAND including the tokens...

Which is built using webOS 3.0.0 on the Touchpad...

I guess one can use the meta doctor to build the tokens? (like what Sprint Pre users used to do to PrePlus/Pre2)....

If not one can dump a working Go's tokens (strip the WiFi/Bluetooth MAC addresses), using that would work...

To make the doctor work, you have to strip the doctor from looking for a device, this doctor would work on any shortlion device (there are two that I am aware of 3G WR/4G ATT, three if you count other removing the stock module and replacing it with a LTE one, but that does not change the tokens)
    John, I cannot simply use TPDebrick it seems, I need to change quite some bits (besides the Doctor filename) I guess before it works and also replace some of the files? I asked some more extensive questions earlier about this. If you could share your TPDebrick script & files that you use for the Go that would be great of course
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Did you have a chance to make any progress?
    Actually not, still stuck :-( I might put up some instructions on how to backup some partitions in the next day or so. I guess restoring the bootie partition from a working TP Go that runs webOS with QPST is the only way to get it working right now. I'll dig up the instructions and post them here :-)

Last edited by Herrie; 11/25/2013 at 03:46 AM.
    After some help from various guys got webOS on 1 of the Go's. Problem is that the Touchpanel firmware update doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Code:

PmTpUpdater -f                                      
        'hidd' is already in stopped state                                              
        retrieving ROM data...                                                          
        i2c: error -1245384 during read/write                                          
        unable to retrieve global idac table                                            
        unable to retrieve local idac table                                            
        ~~ Flashing cy8ctma395_hssp_bridge.fw ~~                                        
        error during programming. dmesg:                                                
        [  494.553992] cy8ctma395 cy8ctma395: jtag id=1e0be069 revision=00000003        
        [  494.682246] cy8ctma395 cy8ctma395: temperature sign=00000001 magnitude=000000
        26                                                                              
        [  494.682428] cy8ctma395 cy8ctma395: ecc is disabled                          
        [  495.225229] cy8ctma395 cy8ctma395: swd write failed, command=8b data=000000c8
         response=5                                                                    
        [  495.225294] cy8ctma395 cy8ctma395: failure programming row 22
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Some output from catnip:

This TP Go has model number ??? (no sticker or serial number inside where I can easily tell from)

Code:
    root@webos-device:/usr/bin# catnip ver                                          
    error 16 opening /dev/ctp_uart, falling back to i2c only
    root@webos-device:/usr/bin# catnip id                                           
    jtag id: 1e0be069, revision: 03 
    root@webos-device:/usr/bin# catnip baseline                                     
    root@webos-device:/usr/bin# catnip crc                                          
    00 07 0e 09 1c 1b 12 15 38 3f 36 31 24 23 2a 2d 70 77 7e 79 6c 6b 62 65 48 4f 46
     41 54 53 5a 5d e0 e7 ee e9 fc fb f2 f5 d8 df d6 d1 c4 c3 ca cd 90 97 9e 99 8c 8
    b 82 85 a8 af a6 a1 b4 b3 ba bd c7 c0 c9 ce db dc d5 d2 ff f8 f1 f6 e3 e4 ed ea 
    b7 b0 b9 be ab ac a5 a2 8f 88 81 86 93 94 9d 9a 27 20 29 2e 3b 3c 35 32 1f 18 11
     16 03 04 0d 0a 57 50 59 5e 4b 4c 45 42 6f 68 61 66 73 74 7d 7a 89 8e 87 80 95 9
    2 9b 9c b1 b6 bf b8 ad aa a3 a4 f9 fe f7 f0 e5 e2 eb ec c1 c6 cf c8 dd da d3 d4 
    69 6e 67 60 75 72 7b 7c 51 56 5f 58 4d 4a 43 44 19 1e 17 10 05 02 0b 0c 21 26 2f
     28 3d 3a 33 34 4e 49 40 47 52 55 5c 5b 76 71 78 7f 6a 6d 64 63 3e 39 30 37 22 2
    5 2c 2b 06 01 08 0f 1a 1d 14 13 ae a9 a0 a7 b2 b5 bc bb 96 91 98 9f 8a 8d 84 83 
    de d9 d0 d7 c2 c5 cc cb e6 e1 e8 ef fa fd f4 f3                                 
    root@webos-device:/usr/bin# catnip cycles                                       
    i2c: error -1262536 during read/write                                           
    root@webos-device:/usr/bin# catnip idac                                         
    root@webos-device:/usr/bin# catnip rom                                          
    root@webos-device:/usr/bin# catnip ver                                          
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast