Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 186
Like Tree29Likes
  1. #121  
    Herrie,

    Has you tried use some program to find & identify the correct drivers while the TPGo is connected, like Drivereasy?


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You happen to have the USB driver as well for TP Go?
    I think that you need a PalmWinDFUUSB file...PM me.
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    I think that you need a PalmWinDFUUSB file...PM me.
    OK sent you PM, thanks
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Herrie,

    Has you tried use some program to find & identify the correct drivers while the TPGo is connected, like Drivereasy?


    Best Regards...
    Yes, no to limited luck
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  5.    #125  
    OK. continued to get a touchpadgo with 32G 3G andriod 2.3.4....

    1. Turn on device shows inventec logo (No HP or Qualcomm logo like 2.2.1 or 2.3.3). Can turn-off device.
    2.Model number: msm8660_surf
    Andriod version: 2.3.4
    Baseband version: R2A07 (R2A07)
    Kernel version : 2.6.35.7-perf-root@sw1-desktop #1
    Build number: 0.1.3.1 20110830.183009 2.3.4 GINGERBREAD eng test-keys
    3.Can use H+ with china Unicom. Can receive SMS but can not send SMS.
    4.Phone storage is 380MB. Can transfer softwares to SD card.
    5. Use front/back camera no problem.
    6.No special softwares in device.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lemanho; 11/06/2013 at 04:53 AM.
  6. #126  
    How to use the DFU drivers? Which key combinations should be used and for how long to get the Go into DFU mode? What should be the hardware id's in Windows Device Manager when it's in the correct mode? Did anyone manage to get it working on 64 bits Windows 7 or only 32 bits?

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/06/2013 at 06:34 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  7.    #127  
    Good news.Hundreds of Touchpadgo devices are leaking out to the market (Taobao). There are all andriod 2.2.1/2.3.2/2.3.3/2.3.4 OS and 16G/32G/64G & wifi/3G version....
    Last edited by lemanho; 11/08/2013 at 03:59 AM.
    Rnp likes this.
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Good news.Hundreds of Touchpadgo devices are leaking out to the market (Taobao). There are all andriod 2.2.1/2.3.2/2.3.3/2.3.4 OS and 16G/32G/64G & wifi/3G version....
    OK, so how can we update them to webOS? How can I use DFU drivers so I can flash boot.bin and then use NDI?
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    OK, so how can we update them to webOS? How can I use DFU drivers so I can flash boot.bin and then use NDI?
    I want know, too...


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    OK, so how can we update them to webOS? How can I use DFU drivers so I can flash boot.bin and then use NDI?
    Actually Touchpadgo can flash;
    1.From Andriod OS to Webos OS
    2.From Web OS to Web OS
    3.From Web OS to Andriod OS
    4.From Andriod OS to Andriod OS
    Archway88 likes this.
  11. #131  
    Actually Touchpadgo can flash;
    1.From Andriod OS to Webos OS
    2.From Web OS to Web OS
    3.From Web OS to Andriod OS
    4.From Andriod OS to Andriod OS
    Yes I understood, but how? Dfu-util doesn't recognize my TP Go's :'( So I cannot flash boot.bin and use NDI or Doctor to update to webOS :'(


    I get the following Device ID's:
    Normal (Android):

    VID_05C6&PID_9025&REV_0227&MI_00
    VID_05C6&PID_9025&MI_00

    VID_05C6&PID_9025&REV_0227&MI_01
    VID_05C6&PID_9025&MI_01


    Power & Up: (close to power) (Have no drivers for this it seems?)
    VID_18D1&PID_D00D&REV_0100
    VID_18D1&PID_D00D

    Power, Up & Home (QHSUSB_DLOAD) (Using the correct drivers for QHSUSB_DLOAD I can get QPST to recognize the TP Go, however I'm unsure how to continue now in order to get webOS running?):
    VID_05C6&PID_9008&REV_0000
    VID_05C6&PID_9008


    I have the following files:
    boot.bin, boot-topaz.bin, emmc_appsboot.mbn, rpm.mbn, sbl1.mbn, sbl2.mbn, sbl3.mbn and tz.mbn.

    genesis-update.xml has the following "trenchcoat" info:

    Code:
    <TrenchCoat>
    	<CPU type="MSM8660"/>
    	<Flash type="mmc" alignment="1" reusePartitions="true" device="/dev/mmcblk0">
    		<Entry type="space" size="512" align="false" reformat="false"/>
    		<Entry type="space" partition="0xc" size="1024KB" reformat="false"/>		<!-- p1, modem -->
    		<Entry type="space" partition="0x4d" size="500KB" file="sbl1.mbn"/>		<!-- p2, sbl1.mbn -->
    		<Entry type="space" partition="0x51" size="1500KB" file="sbl2.mbn"/>		<!-- p3, sbl2.mbn -->
    
    		<!-- Here begins the extended partitions (extended partition p4) -->
    		<Entry type="space" partition="0x47" size="500KB" file="rpm.mbn"/>		<!-- p5, rpm.mbn -->
    		<Entry type="space" partition="0x45" size="500KB" file="sbl3.mbn"/>		<!-- p6, sbl3.mbn -->
    		<Entry type="space" partition="0x4c" size="2500KB" file="emmc_appsboot.mbn"/>	<!-- p7, emmc_appsboot.mbn -->
    
    		<Entry type="space" size="10240KB" reformat="false"/>
    
    		<Entry type="space" partition="0x46" size="1500KB" file="tz.mbn"/>		<!-- p9, tz.mbn -->
    		<Entry type="space" size="*" reformat="false"/>
    	</Flash>
    </TrenchCoat>
    The PmFirmwareUpdater script has the following as well:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    
    mkdir -p /tmp/boot-genesis
    cd /tmp/boot-genesis
    tar xzvf /boot/boot-genesis.tar.gz
    /usr/bin/genesis-update.sh /tmp/boot-genesis/sbl1.mbn /dev/mmcblk0p2
    /usr/bin/genesis-update.sh /tmp/boot-genesis/sbl2.mbn /dev/mmcblk0p3
    /usr/bin/genesis-update.sh /tmp/boot-genesis/rpm.mbn /dev/mmcblk0p5
    /usr/bin/genesis-update.sh /tmp/boot-genesis/sbl3.mbn /dev/mmcblk0p6
    /usr/bin/genesis-update.sh /tmp/boot-genesis/emmc_appsboot.mbn /dev/mmcblk0p7
    /usr/bin/genesis-update.sh /tmp/boot-genesis/tz.mbn /dev/mmcblk0p9
    cd /
    rm -rf /tmp/boot-genesis
    
    echo "\$ Your device is ready for use"
    Which would leave the boot.bin/boot-topaz.bin unused. I suspect I need to flash this somehow using dfu-util, cpuboot or QPST before I can do anything else, but I'm not sure how to do that, since dfu-util doesn't recognize the TP Go. The DFU USB drivers received from lemanho only contains support for the following devices:
    Code:
    "Device Firmware Upgrade"=LIBUSB_DEV, USB\Vid_0830&Pid_8030
    "Device Firmware Upgrade"=LIBUSB_DEV, USB\Vid_0830&Pid_8070
    "Device Firmware Upgrade"=LIBUSB_DEV, USB\Vid_03F0&Pid_1828
    Manually adding VID_18D1&PID_D00D or VID_05C6&PID_9008 doesn't do the trick to get it working with dfu-util....
    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/09/2013 at 06:56 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  12. #132  
    If you really want webOS and do not care for backing up the NAND...

    Use the TPdebricking method (make sure you use the shortlion webOS doctor), use of the touchpad doctor on a touchpad go will brick the A6 chip (they are not compatible), nor is the Tap-2-Share A6, nor is the TrueTouch Chip set (CMTA395/375)... I have fixed a few Touchpad Go's which users failed to use the right doctor (100% make sure it is a Go doctor and Go genesis files)...
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    If you really want webOS and do not care for backing up the NAND...

    Use the TPdebricking method (make sure you use the shortlion webOS doctor), use of the touchpad doctor on a touchpad go will brick the A6 chip (they are not compatible), nor is the Tap-2-Share A6, nor is the TrueTouch Chip set (CMTA395/375)... I have fixed a few Touchpad Go's which users failed to use the right doctor (100% make sure it is a Go doctor and Go genesis files)...
    Ok thanks, was thinking about that already. Good to see that would work. Will try to pull NAND backup first, otherwise will do one of the 2.2.1's first and leave the other 2.2.1 and 2.3.3 for NAND backup later.

    Which mode does ADB require for backups?
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Ok thanks, was thinking about that already. Good to see that would work. Will try to pull NAND backup first, otherwise will do one of the 2.2.1's first and leave the other 2.2.1 and 2.3.3 for NAND backup later.

    Which mode does ADB require for backups?
    Try this:
    1. Flash chainbootie into device with fastboot
    a. Connect the device with your PC by USB.
    b. Power off your device and press Vol up to enter "Fastboot download"
    c.Can see "ADB interface" in your PC.
    d. Open a terminal and change the path to the "Fastboot"
    For Opal: D:\Fastboot>fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot_opal.mbn
    2. Download bootie binary with "dfu-util'
    a. Install DFU file
    b. Open a terminal and change the path to "DFU"
    c. For Opal D:\DFU>dfu-util -D boot-opal.bin
    3. Launch NDI on the desktop and flash the device to Webos...............
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    If you really want webOS and do not care for backing up the NAND...

    Use the TPdebricking method (make sure you use the shortlion webOS doctor), use of the touchpad doctor on a touchpad go will brick the A6 chip (they are not compatible), nor is the Tap-2-Share A6, nor is the TrueTouch Chip set (CMTA395/375)... I have fixed a few Touchpad Go's which users failed to use the right doctor (100% make sure it is a Go doctor and Go genesis files)...
    Sorry . Do not use TPDebrick 004 to upgrade Go. It will show Device: (USB Topaz-bootie) when enter recovery . I got a sick Go device like this. Also I"ve flashed TP ATT 3.0.5 Rom into this sick Go. But can not boot in...
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Try this:
    1. Flash chainbootie into device with fastboot
    a. Connect the device with your PC by USB.
    b. Power off your device and press Vol up to enter "Fastboot download"
    c.Can see "ADB interface" in your PC.
    d. Open a terminal and change the path to the "Fastboot"
    For Opal: D:\Fastboot>fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot_opal.mbn
    2. Download bootie binary with "dfu-util'
    a. Install DFU file
    b. Open a terminal and change the path to "DFU"
    c. For Opal D:\DFU>dfu-util -D boot-opal.bin
    3. Launch NDI on the desktop and flash the device to Webos...............
    Thanks, I managed to get to 2nd step now Device Manager now sees Palm DFU/Bootie Device ID: USB\VID_03F0&PID_1828

    Where should I get boot-opal.bin? From TP Go Doctor?
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  17. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Sorry . Do not use TPDebrick 004 to upgrade Go. It will show Device: (USB Topaz-bootie) when enter recovery . I got a sick Go device like this. Also I"ve flashed TP ATT 3.0.5 Rom into this sick Go. But can not boot in...
    Yes that is why I suggested to use the Touchpad Go doctor not the Touchpad doctor, if you one uses the Touchpad Go the bootie used would be the Go's and it will work (I have fixed a few Go's that others have made sick...) PM me if you want to sell your sick Go, I can fix it....

    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    If you really want webOS and do not care for backing up the NAND...

    Use the TPdebricking method (make sure you use the shortlion webOS doctor), use of the touchpad doctor on a touchpad go will brick the A6 chip (they are not compatible), nor is the Tap-2-Share A6, nor is the TrueTouch Chip set (CMTA395/375)... I have fixed a few Touchpad Go's which users failed to use the right doctor (100% make sure it is a Go doctor and Go genesis files)...
    Only use the Touchpad Go doctor never a Touchpad doctor, the shortlion is very different then the tenderloin...
  18. #139  
    Not sure what's the problem?

    Windows 7 64 bits doesn't install DFU driver correctly.

    Installed Windows 7 32 bits on a separate SSD, driver installs OK, but I get the following problem:
    Code:
    C:\PalmWinDfuUtil-20110313\PalmWinDfuUtil>dfu-util -D boot-opal.bin
    dfu-util - (C) 2007 by OpenMoko Inc.
    This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
    
    Opening USB Device 0x0000:0x0000...
    Found Runtime: [0x03f0:0x1828] devnum=1, cfg=0, intf=0, alt=0, name="UNDEFINED"
    Setting Configuration 1...
    Claiming USB DFU Interface...
    Setting Alternate Setting ...
    Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
    dfuIDLE, continuing
    Transfer Size = 0x0200
    bytes_per_hash=3726
    Starting download: [##################################################] finished
    !
    unable to read DFU status
    It seems to come back as Device Firmware Upgrade, not as "Palm Novacom (bootie)" in Device Manager... Any ideas?
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/10/2013 at 01:29 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  19. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Yes that is why I suggested to use the Touchpad Go doctor not the Touchpad doctor, if you one uses the Touchpad Go the bootie used would be the Go's and it will work (I have fixed a few Go's that others have made sick...) PM me if you want to sell your sick Go, I can fix it....



    Only use the Touchpad Go doctor never a Touchpad doctor, the shortlion is very different then the tenderloin...
    John, do I only need to replace the Doctor filename in the "tpdebrick" script, replace the "topaz" with "opal" and the device ID with the Go DFU Device ID or is there anything else I need to do? (Replace emmcbld.bin or appsboot-moboot.mbn files from TPDebrick004 for example?)

    I guess it wouldn't hurt to update tp16.cfg, tp32.cfg, tp64.cfg, tp16nobootie.cfg, tp32nobootie.cfg, tp64nobootie.cfg so the md5sum is set to nocheck?

    Do I need to change anything to TPToolbox-Headless-004 as well?
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/11/2013 at 03:11 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 3rd old news HP touchpadgo opal android version
    By lemanho in forum Android on webOS
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09/28/2013, 03:44 AM
  2. The Great webOS Nation Giveaway: webOS haiku, four HP Pre3s to win, for AT&T
    By Derek Kessler in forum webOSNation.com - Site News, Feedback & Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04/13/2013, 11:09 AM
  3. HP TouchpadGO stuck after IPK install
    By henri_p in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 11/23/2012, 01:09 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02/21/2012, 04:44 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03/06/2011, 05:45 AM

Posting Permissions